Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

59 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

no ben and ed didn't like it but @/tapmusic did. maybe a misguided intern :air: the delusion in me says they liked it on the formal account cause it's very real and true

She likely got overly excited and her team were like ..’wow ok eerm we can’t actually do that for June you know that Right?’ 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I feel like this record will sound like Breaking Up Slowly, especially with that really smoky, dark, bluesy guitar. Since she kind of implied it was born out of having a close circle of country music friends - Nikki Lane being the most notable - I could see her further endeavouring on that bluesy-rock sound with very earnest, narrative-driven lyrics that are typically found within country songs. 

if this album even exists, i really want it to sound like thunder with a mix of i talk to jesus and the good life BUT with dan auerbach influences. or in other words, we're overdue for another uv-sounding album

4 minutes ago, lannisterpussy said:

imagine if lana went in this direction

manifesting :worship:

Yesss

I'm tired of "accessible" Lana. I would sell my soul so that she could go artsy

2 hours ago, bel air rose said:

if we’re being realistic she’s most likely working with zach. lana wasn’t even able to finish chemtrails w jack because he lives on the other side of the country, hence why she recorded dealer, summertime, and the covers album with zach 

preach ?

hoping she would cover Look What They've Done to My Song, Ma by melanie safka, i mean the  lyrics its literally how she is with the critics and the media plus there's french part just like carmen is:scajo2:

6 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

i always chuckle whenever i picture the album sounding like this:

it would be so funny now i want her to do it :thumb3:

I'm sure she would make it sound good too :legend:

47 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like this record will sound like Breaking Up Slowly, especially with that really smoky, dark, bluesy guitar. Since she kind of implied it was born out of having a close circle of country music friends - Nikki Lane being the most notable - I could see her further endeavouring on that bluesy-rock sound with very earnest, narrative-driven lyrics that are typically found within country songs. 

:(

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

She wastes no time stringing us along right away, and I take the bait every time. String us along queen :aw:

The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

besties :wub: i've made a edit of 'not all who wander are lost' with nomadland

<iframe width="683" height="384" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AzbETSrStdc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lol 

i can't sleep again and i was thinking about in bed how i said earlier

BTD = NFR because they're iconic, unforgettable, turning points in her career, paradise = COCC because they're beautiful needed interludes, UV = RCS because manifestation

but what was most important that i LEFT OUT is that paradise and COCC are maybe equally problematic (but iconic) eras (although problematic in different ways) :air: and therefore there's more evidence that RCS will be her twist on UV her ultraviolence 2 the reup if you will but perhaps with a folkier twist in the vein of NFR and COCC

sUcVobB.png

28 minutes ago, ModernBohemian said:

She wastes no time stringing us along right away, and I take the bait every time. String us along queen :aw:

and every time I fall deeper in love with her :(

I do feel a bit like COCC is to NFR as Paradise is to BTD

COTCC and Paradise feel sonically and thematically located a little farther away from the “city” whether that be New York or LA. They feel like she’s searching for new ground (on Paradise, out in the desert. On COTCC, in the rural Midwest). Also both, projects are shorter than their predecessors but connect with sonic themes from them :wub:

1 hour ago, Honeysuckle said:

i always chuckle whenever i picture the album sounding like this:

it would be so funny now i want her to do it :thumb3:

what is this? it says video unavailable for me :poordat:

22 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i can't sleep again and i was thinking about in bed how i said earlier

BTD = NFR because they're iconic, unforgettable, turning points in her career, paradise = COCC because they're beautiful needed interludes, UV = RCS because manifestation

but what was most important that i LEFT OUT is that paradise and COCC are maybe equally problematic (but iconic) eras (although problematic in different ways) :air: and therefore there's more evidence that RCS will be her twist on UV her ultraviolence 2 the reup if you will but perhaps with a folkier twist in the vein of NFR and COCC

somebody on twitter took a screenshot of your other post...iconic methinks :ma: you're totally right I hope it's true

Capture.jpg