Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I hope it gets honeymoon’s rollout

‘Lead’ single about a month and a half before the album, tracklist and another song with preorder a little less than a month before the album, and then another song a little over a week before the album

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

I hope it gets honeymoon rollout

‘Lead’ single about a month and a half before the album, tracklist and another song with preorder a little less than a month before the album, and then another song a little over a week before the album

If this happens we could have a new song within the next three weeks :) 

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I hope it gets honeymoon rollout

i feel like we aren't gonna get anything before the album, the entire thing will just be released with the cover and tracklist on streaming services june 1st :toofunny: 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

If it does come on June 1st, then I'm expecting it to be an EP. I think she probably felt pressured to release COCC considering it was supposed to be Sept 5 and didn't have time to polish the rest of the material in time for the deadline. 

cocc wasn't rushed at all though, she had all the time in the world to finish it. she said it was done back in november and she was waiting for the record pressing companies to open, so that's why it was delayed into March. since it was delayed for so long, there wasn't anything stopping her from working on demos, i think jack's post right after the album dropped, he said something about how "i think these were the best versions" so there's definitely different versions of each song and if there was a better version of any of the tracks, she could've easily swapped it with a different one. i think she's moving onto the next album because she had planned for cocc to be out in september and she was planning for RCS for this summer

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

59 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

If Americans would stop using "record" and just use "album" like everyone else, there wouldn't be any doubt 

:agree:

'Alboom' is the superior choice here:brows:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

If this happens we could have a new song within the next three weeks :) 

I know :excited::excited:

If the June 1st date is ‘official’ things almost have to start happening by mid April. Unless she’s changing her whole rollout process..she’s always had a couple songs out before the album drops and almost always one song out by at least the month and a half mark (and usually long than that)

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

okay okay okay AHHH so in the caption it says "custom cursive script and pink roses to announce this... new album" SO i therefore conclude it is 100% not the album cover (and the font/roses probably won't be used on the album cover)

You beat me to it!

Also if this is a planned announcement with the text commissioned for by her and her team then that means the release date might be real.

Last year we learned about COCC from a post but we didn't really know anything about it. We only knew the name (which changed) and a possible release date. This time, it looks like a properly planned teaser that hints to the aesthetic and themes of the album. I don't think she would reveal too much about the album if we didn't even know when it was out.

But then again... Lana

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

i feel like we aren't gonna get anything before the album, the entire thing will just be released with the cover and tracklist on streaming services june 1st :toofunny: 

It’s very possible but I think she’s going to drop at least one or two songs..otherwise there’s no point announcing it this early. 

But we also said the same thing during COTCC by the time mid August came and didn’t get our first ‘buzz single’ until October so :rip:

It can truly go either way, but I don’t see her ‘surprise’ dropping

"Don’t forget me"

What if she won't release any single this time? I know it's unlikely since promotion is a very big deal but maybe she'll do everything differently in this era provided that the album is real

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

y'all we could actually possibly maybe (not) be getting another album in like 2 months holy fucking SHIT

i wonder if the album cover will be from an already done photoshoot.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, HyperVelvet said:

What if she won't release any single this time? I know it's unlikely since promotion is a very big deal but maybe she'll do everything differently in this era provided that the album is real

that's what im thinking, it seems like this album has been in the works for awhile now and that's why they released so many versions of cocc so she could have a semi-successful era then release whatever she wants afterwards 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I think the fact that Ben and Ed spoke about the “two albums” Lana “has in mind” to Music Week makes this feel more real. They’ve said before that they don’t have Lana run things by them before she posts to social media, but the fact that 1) a *custom* typeface was made (which would have to involve her team) and 2) was used in a social media announcement following 3) her managers discussing her next album(s) and 4) a “plan” that she’s had for years that just now they think can be pulled off, leads me to believe that something that has been brewing will actually come to fruition. 

I’m also hoping the new album will relate more to the “Interview” interview she did, because I’m having trouble relating it to Chemtrails (and I absolutely adore that video). If it’s any hint into what RCS will be like thematically, then that makes SO much more sense, and it makes me even more excited for what’s to come.

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think the fact that Ben and Ed spoke about the “two albums” Lana “has in mind” to Music Week makes this feel more real. They’ve said before that they don’t have Lana run things by them before she posts to social media, but the fact that 1) a *custom* typeface was made (which would have to involve her team) and 2) was used in a social media announcement following 3) her managers discussing her next album(s) and 4) a “plan” that she’s had for years and just now they think can be pulled off, leads me to believe that something that has been brewing will actually come to fruition. 

What if this is just releasing her unreleased tracks which she actually had in mind since 2017 and we're finally getting an album with 20 songs and it's actually going to be just a digital release because we all know those songs. :stareney2:

giphy.gif

Just now, HyperVelvet said:

I still think that she didn't do much promo for COCC because she was already over the music and focused on RCS. She was probably really excited back in 2020 but then we had lockdowns and so many delays which only gave her more time to start a new project.

She kind of did the bare minimum with this album with some fairly homemade elements. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I actually prefer it. It makes it feel very intimate and close. She said herself that she found COCC difficult to listen to because it was so personal.

RCS has come so quickly that it feels like she just wanted to get COCC finally out of the way so she could release RCS.

Either way I'm excited

3 minutes ago, Marius said:

What if this is just releasing her unreleased tracks which she actually had in mind since 2017 and we're finally getting an album with 20 songs and it's actually going to be just a digital release because we all know those songs. :stareney2:

LOL I don’t even know what I’d say-

but on a serious note - I don’t think so, because she said she’s going to be challenging accusations of cultural appropriation and her glamorizing domestic abuse with this record, so that sounds like she’s written songs in response to the media’s reports about her :typewriter: