Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

16 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

it probably doesn't  mean anything but it says on metacritic it'll get released june 1

Dates in the Lana-verse are [insert Burnt Norton - Interlude]

It‘s better to wait for a sign of a single or her label backing up the date.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love Jack’s production so much, but I think it makes sense that she would work with another producer this time for a few reasons:

1) Jack is still in New Jersey and is unable to come to LA because of the pandemic - this halted the process of Chemtrails a bit towards the end, and naturally, Lana being nervous about that record, would not want to have those limitations of proximity be a concern again.

2) She said to Annie Mac that she was hoping to see if the covers album with Zach Dawes would “spark anything” - obviously, Zach seems to have been her go-to producer since the pandemic happened, as they made Dealer, 2 cover albums, Summertime the Gershwin Version, a live version of Let Me Love You Like a Woman for Fallon, and possibly a whole original studio album together. 

3) Lana always works with the same producer(s) for no more than two albums:

Rick Nowels, Dan Heath:

- Born to Die/Paradise (with additional production from Emile Haynie, Justin Parker)

- the original Ultraviolence (before the rework with Dan Auerbach)

Rick Nowels:

- Honeymoon

- Lust for Life

Jack Antonoff:

- Norman Fucking Rockwell!

- Chemtrails Over the Country Club

4) Obviously Lana has been going to a studio in LA and has an album finished/close to being finished  - a “revenge” album points to a fuller-sound with guitars, and Lana mentioned to Music Week that she loves bluesy, outlaw music inspired by her country music friends and other country idols of hers. Zach, having produced her country covers album, would be the most obvious choice as a producer since the covers album likely bled into the process for this country-esque album that Lana has implied LDR8 will be. 

Rick is bearly on BtD, that’s an Emile haynie album through and through.

Just now, evalionisameme said:

Rick is barley on BtD, that’s an Emile haywire album through and through.

That’s true! I was thinking of Rick in that he co-wrote/composed some of the songs too, much like how Jack helped write some of the music (offering chord progressions) on top of the production 

5 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

if its ok wanted to share a idea I had for cover art with all the bad press.

Rock_Candy_Sweet.png

this is so gorgeous and such a great concept :icant: i kinda want to crop some of it and use it as my profile background

Capture.jpg

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I don't think Jack held her back at all, lol.

She herself said in that Grammy interview that during the making of NFR, she expected the record to be more Venice Bitch-MAC psychedelic etc, but once they were making the rest of the songs, they decided to keep it more of that piano, singer-songwriter laurel canyon vibe, and she thought the two gelled well together.

wtf jack you had your chance and you BLEW it. you better deliver on RCS or else... this is the person you stan? @Jack Antonoff is a God :xgiggle:

16 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Rock_Candy_Sweet.png

Omg I love this

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

24 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Rock_Candy_Sweet.png

I love the concept! 

My perfect vision of the cover would be Lana sitting on some tacky throne in her baddie outfit reading a newspaper hating on her. The newspaper's on fire

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

54 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Rock_Candy_Sweet.png

It's spam at this point but Dear Lord this is a concept delivered. Fantastic work! She would never but she better! It's just so great.

merch for rock candy sweet.... little bags of candy with lana's face on it like these 5707036137353-Moomin---Snorkmaiden_-Bag-of-150g_1200x.jpg?v=1616105885:trisha::trisha::trisha:

i don't know anything else about the album... so come back later @ lana's team, but something cute and simple. no clothes maybe since i hate them

and idk, maybe 2-3 VARIANTS. 1 black 1 UO MAYBE 1 other. and the two non black would be stunning and her most gorgeous records yet. we have no money cocc sucked it all up so be nice

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, kallumlavigne said:

Rock_Candy_Sweet.png

UV era had so many messed up titles like "Lana Del Rey is annoyed that sex didn't get her a record deal" and of course the I Wish I Was Already Dead, the Frances Cobain drama... 

Edit: Forgot to tell you this is dope.

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

posters coloring books, neon hats n the TAROT Deck I can see her fanbase buying all of that tbh 

I would EAT a LDR tarot deck, I also wish she could send out those cute little fortune tickets from her LDR pop-up store at Melrose with every purchase on her online stores, now THAT would be cute :icant:

19 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

merch for rock candy sweet.... little bags of candy with lana's face on it like these 5707036137353-Moomin---Snorkmaiden_-Bag-of-150g_1200x.jpg?v=1616105885:trisha::trisha::trisha:

i don't know anything else about the album... so come back later @ lana's team, but something cute and simple. no clothes maybe since i hate them

and idk, maybe 2-3 VARIANTS. 1 black 1 UO MAYBE 1 other. and the two non black would be stunning and her most gorgeous records yet. we have no money cocc sucked it all up so be nice

I'd order 100 of these :krylie:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

23 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

Instead of her face, could be a unicorn with the thematic colors of her old notebook (purple I think)