Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

this may be a really unpopular opinion but i'm totally fine with the idea of lana making a "country" album because i know it's not going to be like modern, mainstream country, it'll probably be more "rural" or "western" like desert rock, similar to guns & roses and queen of the gas station, maybe something bluesy like sad girl, i think it'd be a beautiful sound for her, i think breaking up slowly's biggest issue was nikki lane's feature, but other than that, it was gorgeous

WGe8ynS.gif

26 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Why does the thought of lana making a country album is making me so depressed:icant: literally anything but country n folk

imma kms too if she makes a country album :toofunny: The problem for me isn’t Lana, just... that genre alone is just :scoff: not my vibes

2 minutes ago, Venice said:

imma kms too if she makes a country album :toofunny: The problem for me isn’t Lana, just... that genre alone is just :scoff: not my vibes

exactly, I already hated wild at heart and dance till we die, those were already too much country for my taste

the duet with nikki was a serve but that's all I can take from the "countryness"

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

32 minutes ago, new gods said:

imagine we get the nikki collab album but no tlsp album, she really hates us :biblio:

I mean it’s more possible that we’ll get the nikki collab seeing that they are so close  :kum:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

it depends on what type of country it is for me. if it's a more modern country sound with influences from other genres in it (ie: rock and/or blues), or if its remnant of something like queen of the gas station then i'm all for it. but if it's pure yeehaw beer on the back of a pickup truck, i can't say i'd be thrilled 

imageproxy.jpg

Lana has always had a country flair to her - so many of her vocal performances have a twanginess to them (which comes quite naturally for her, notably on Cruel World and Ride) so I can’t imagine she would stray too far away from her already established brand. Might I remind everyone that so many of her influences as early as her 2005 catalogue have been country artists from the 60s/70s. And of course, she always makes a genre uncharacteristically her own! :party:

6 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

You know what we need for RCS? Real drums. None of that hollow electronic beat stuff 

Exactly! I don't hate Jack at all, he produced masterpieces like WD, FIILY,  TG and VB but I cannot take another song with those cheap beats. It's such a GarageBand tease and it ruins perfectly good songs (still not over the way they massacred HTD) They sound so uninspired imo. I don't think I'm manifesting Jack out of any of her future releases but those beats need to stop, it does not give the vibe they think it's giving.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

She needs to really sharpen her songwriting skills (that combined with something that's sonically interesting) if she wants to go country/folk route. But we all know she's too lazy and not capable of doing anything other than contemporary, watered-down trash (Hey Blue Baby). 

Just now, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

She needs to really sharpen her songwriting skills (that combined with something that's sonically interesting) if she wants to go country/folk route. But we all know she's too lazy and not capable of doing anything other than contemporary, watered-down trash (Hey Blue Baby). 

Your ass is getting reamed, your days are numbered (as are Jack's)

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

just leave

Capture.jpg