Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

18 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

idk but we need a collab between them :slay:

i say let her do country, it's not like she's gonna turn into an old white man singing about beer, guns and trucks (or maybe she will :hype:). but seriously, the message, the lyrics and the art itself won't change, just the sound :oprah3:

but the message and lyrics aren't really the issue, the sound of country music is what it is

but you know, let's see, she can make magic, it's just that what we've got from her so far regarding country music I didn't enjoy :pft:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Roctab said:

Exactly! I don't hate Jack at all, he produced masterpieces like WD, FIILY,  TG and VB but I cannot take another song with those cheap beats. It's such a GarageBand tease and it ruins perfectly good songs (still not over the way they massacred HTD) They sound so uninspired imo. I don't think I'm manifesting Jack out of any of her future releases but those beats need to stop, it does not give the vibe they think it's giving.

your taste is honestly impeccable!!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

21 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

but the message and lyrics aren't really the issue, the sound of country music is what it is

but you know, let's see, she can make magic, it's just that what we've got from her so far regarding country music I didn't enjoy :pft:

let's hope we can all enjoy the sound then.

tbh i stopped being excited for Chemtrails after seeing the tracklist and some details she gave about the songs, but i ended up loving it. i'm sure she can and will surprise us :smile4:

Capture.jpg

Just thinking about how cool it would be if Lana did a painted album cover like Joni Mitchell but also had hand-pressed flowers onto it like she and Chuck often do (which Chuck posted about doing to her IG story a few days ago and tagged Lana).  I think it would be so beautiful so I made this :)

7-FF89-D73-DFCF-4547-A09-A-CBFD0-CAE93-C

I wonder what kind of themes she’ll take on in her lyrics here. Corruption of fame on others? after in COCC, she’s starting to regret being famous

I want more stuff like Dark But Just A Game, mostly because Lana positions herself as an peripheral observer of Hollywood despite being at least a B-list member 

9 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Maybe it will be rock with some country influences and inflections in her voice tbh I’d be down and she could definitely pull it off well 

Cruel world vibes 

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

The cover will be Clay sucking a rock candy of her tits

That would serve so hard that we'd need medical assistance. :makeup2:

Re: “country”, her album descriptions have never been accurate, I wouldn’t take them too seriously. Whilst I love her dark, cavernous trip-hop work of yore, I totally trust her continuing with a more organic sound. And if so, I’d love for her to go down the route of Tennis’ latest album, whilst pushing herself even more with the structural complexities of West Coast, DBJAG and DTWD. Every album I’ve worried “this is probably gonna be the one where her schtick runs thin”, but it doesn’t, she delivers every time. LFL is certainly her least cohesive if not weakest record, it has a couple of clunkers, but there are multiple songs that are individually great. Anyway, musically, I trust her.

55 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Just thinking about how cool it would be if Lana did a painted album cover like Joni Mitchell but also had hand-pressed flowers onto it like she and Chuck often do (which Chuck posted about doing to her IG story a few days ago and tagged Lana).  I think it would be so beautiful so I made this :)

7-FF89-D73-DFCF-4547-A09-A-CBFD0-CAE93-C

Serve after serve :trisha:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif