Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Jack can’t be co-producing the whole album, right? (this is me coping)

Like Lana and St. Vincent are the only ones who made Jack the sole co-producer on most of their tracks on their albums. Melodrama is the album that naturally fits into Jack’s style the best and the only songs he’s the sole co-producer at are the stripped down piano ballads. :thumb3: Everything else Lorde sent to other producers for their touches.  

When Jack surprises us all and we get instrumentals like this >>

(more of a personal manifestation than what I think the album's going to sound like, but let a girl dream :hype:)

imageproxy.jpg

I truly hope it's Zach producing the album with some songs that didn't fit COCC from Jack. I really liked COCC but I want to see something new from her this time. Don't get me wrong the artist guides the sound of the album but the producer leaves his/hers signature as well . Anyone can tell sonically that NFR and COCC were produced by Jack , because they share many similarities .  Also I do see many similarities in Jack's work in other albums produced by him and I'm afraid that him working for so many mainstream artists may impact Lana's work in a negative way ( that's my personal thought though ) . 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

19 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

MAC is so beautiful and is hardly stripped down in the same way that the COCC songs are

i think it has more to do with the song writing and melody being so strong, but the build up in the pre chorus and the chorus itself is so grand and sweeping and majestic and massive...it’s truly EXCELLENT

RCS can only hope to have a song that good 

Girl I really like MAC but let's be real...you all would hate RCS if the whole album sounds like MAC and it would be in the same sonic realm we had for the last two albums  so many on here would call it a snoozefest 3.0

Like the E-guitars from the outro would be a great starting point but we just need a different vibe & sound especially after her wanting revenge...we need sth more like in the vein of MPG, Serene Queen,  FMWUTTT,  VB guitar solo, DTWD bridge

Or even something like a double album would be great like more wilder & rockish or upbeat songs in the first half and then more sweeter songs ( but not just piano ballads though) in the last half

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

If Jack is a producer on RCS he needs to really surprise us and shows us he is capable of doing a wilder/ different sound with Lana 

And I just miss the little details we used to hear in Lana's music..for example  imagine NAWWAL would have a sound of chirping birds in the back , would have been a cute addition to the song but I think Jack is not able to bring up ideas like that 

I think he is somehow too basic 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

20 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Like the E-guitars from the outro would be a great starting point but we just need a different vibe & sound especially after her wanting revenge...we need sth more like in the vein of MPG, Serene Queen,  FMWUTTT,  VB guitar solo, DTWD bridge

Or even something like a double album would be great like more wilder & rockish or upbeat songs in the first half and then more sweeter songs ( but not just piano ballads though) in the last half

YES YES YES. YES to all of this. OMG it would be a  d r e a m  :legend: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

i feel neutral about jack - i'd say his production is about a 50/50 or maybe 60/40 hit or miss for me. whereas daddy zach (despite his limited releases with her so far) and daddy rick are more like 80/20 or 70/30. i need rick AND/or zach on this album to balance out the neutrality of jack

sUcVobB.png

If Lana can repeat the same lines over and over again for an entire 4 minute song, a good producer can make it work well by giving it an appealing soundscape. For example, Angels Forever and Starry Eyed, both very repetitive but so incredibly addictive, why? Because whoever produced it (i think it was rick?) knew how to build a gorgeous atmosphere with a lot of pulsing, abstract sounds, giving it a timeless feel. The untouchable 5 era was golden. Jack could never

Is This Happiness is a really good example too

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

If Lana can repeat the same lines over and over again for an entire 4 minute song, a good producer can make it work well by giving it an appealing soundscape. For example, Angels Forever and Starry Eyed, both very repetitive but so incredibly addicting, why? Because whoever produced it (i think it was rick?) knew how to build a gorgeous atmosphere with a lot of pulsing, abstract sounds, giving it a timeless feel. The untouchable 5 era was golden. Jack could never

Is This Happiness is a really good example too

yes to heaven is LOVED by so many people and the chorus is literally just "say yes to heaven, say yes to me" x 2 and she repeats "i've got my eye on you" like 6-8+ times

same with your girl, "i wish i was your girl, i wish i was your girl" etc

sad girl, "you haven't seen my man" x 4, "i'm a sad girl, i'm a sad girl, i'm a sad girl.... i'm a sad girl i'm a bad girl i'm a bad girl"

most people i know adore all these songs - because the production, the atmosphere, etc of it all (which lana has a hand in creating, i'm not saying she's a bad artist or lyricist i actually don't mind the repetitive lyrics) is just beautiful

sUcVobB.png

3 hours ago, honeybadger said:

you know i'm sick of jack but maybe this'll be his last album with her :pray2:

We've been saying that since NFR tho...:bebe:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

4 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

We've been saying that since NFR tho...:bebe:

let a girl dream :bebe: :trisha: :lange:

she had 3 albums with rick though, now 2 with jack, i say 1 more is the max and then she HAS to move on or creativity and originality will perhaps be... weak, she knew she needed to move from rick and i hope she knows she should do that again :tommy:

sUcVobB.png

48 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Jack can’t be co-producing the whole album, right? (this is me coping)

I find Jack producing RCS fully kinda weird since Lana mentioned that she found it difficult to work with him because he lives on the other side of the US. So Jack producing the album wouldn't make that much sense, it wouldn't add up

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

8 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

am i the only one who doesn't need the album right now?

like...we just got Chemtrails, let that feeling grow :bebe:

Reveal hidden contents

i'm still excited but not crazy about it :bebe:

i very much feel the same... i don't need it, like i'll take it but i don't have a deep craving for it :bebe: at least not with jack looming on the horizon

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

let a girl dream :bebe: :trisha: :lange:

she had 3 albums with rick though, now 2 with jack, i say 1 more is the max and then she HAS to move on or creativity and originality will perhaps be... weak, she knew she needed to move from rick and i hope she knows she should do that again :tommy:

Yeah ikr lol It's about time for the main producer to change

BRILLIANT.gif

I will never understand why everyone blames Jack for the similarity between NORMAN and CHEMTRAILS.
Guys, you have to understand that the person who wants the albums to sound that way is Lana not Jack, I think he's just in charge of making things sound the way Lana wants... So it's not his fault.
but I honestly hope RCS is rock. no more piano

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I love the lyrics but I sonically The Greatest is way overrated...the intro sounds like shit,  the guitar solo lacks bass & is pretty underwhelming,  we knew they used flutes & horns and more sounds on The Greatest but I can't hear them and that long ass piano outro is unnecessary

:wtf3: