Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Oh true I forgot. No instruments = real music

it will be exclusively played on a vintage acoustic guitar found at a yard sale in Texarkana, Texas. The guitar is so old that it only has two strings though, so every song has the exact same notes played on it. 

drums will be replaced with vape cracks. 

okay but honestly this could be such a vibe if executed right, like an eerie, slightly refined joshy & i, or a kurt cobain acoustic guitar demo... :smokes2: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

wait she's working on new music already for AFTER RCS??? or she's finishing RCS? i'm confused WHAT CAN THIS FUCKING MEAN

Ben said soundtracks didnt he? I wonder if shes bringing that Alice in wonderland thing to fruition.....or it could very well be the country album..... or the covers album.... or even the unreleased collection.... LOL

I like CoCc but it's so forgetable. Have not listened to it for two weeks now :toofunny: Even though I really dislike LFL I listened to it more intensely when it came out.

So yeah, I'd be down for a new album asap - but not if it suffers the same problems CoCc did. So no more Jack pls. Of course it's Lana who's in charge of the sound, but I feel like if she'd get imput from a new producer things would get more exciting again. I don't think her collab with Jack will spawn anything interesting at this point. As far as I'm concerned their spark was gone after NFR

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Wait when do we saw them work together via video call :wat:

I mean I could be wrong but after QFTC she posted that picture of him in the studio on FaceTime and I thought she mentioned working together that way before

"Don’t forget me"

i never know how to feel about jack - part of me honestly thinks the problem isn't his skills as a producer (i love a lot of his work both with lana and other artists!), but moreso the fact that he doesn't wanna say no to lana, that he doesn't wanna push her too hard and that he's happy just going along with whatever she says.

if we look at UV, for example: we all know that lana and dan had a little drama during the making of that album because he kept pushing her and trying to do more, but the result was magic! UV is a rich, fiery album filled with layers and atmosphere. im not saying that any of lana's other albums aren't - i'm just pointing out that sometimes a little bit of artistic fighting can yield some really amazing results! :legend:

jack strikes me as a bit of a "yes man" and not much of a detail-oriented perfectionist. lana herself definitely isn't a perfectionist. so when lana isn't too concerned about tying up little errors in production or striving for more atmosphere/layers/etc, jack probably won't want to push her and will be happy with whatever lana is happy with.

i also don't necessarily think this issue is tied to just lana and jack - i think that sometimes when artists work together but they're also really close friends, they don't wanna upset one another in case they ruin the friendship! it's probably harder to remain professional, objective and a little emotionally detached.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

okay but honestly this could be such a vibe if executed right, like an eerie, slightly refined joshy & i, or a kurt cobain acoustic guitar demo... :smokes2: 

if she went as dark, sinister and creepy as Disco.... im so here for it :legend:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Lana once said that she liked Rick because he didn’t force her to continue writing if she hit a roadblock or wasn’t feeling it. His attitude is “ok let’s move on” which is definitely a kind of creative philosophy but maybe to some is a “yes man” position

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I mean I could be wrong but after QFTC she posted that picture of him in the studio on FaceTime and I thought she mentioned working together that way before

Day of the Grammys she posted a Facetime screenshot of them so it might be related to that

17 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

It will be more half written demos she wrote on Sean’s ranch in late 2019 packaged into 700 vinyl variants 

jack will add a tambourine to every song and thus another “album” is born!

i fear this album will be NFR outtakes.. again.. which is what cocc was..

i love you, but you don't understand me.

even when we win we lose with you bro

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Another thing I just thought about: Jack hasn't been a sole producer on the lana records he's produced. so we can probably look forward to at least one or two songs produced by other people besides jack if we're continuing the pattern. it's not much, but it's something. i like to keep on the optimistic side of things when it comes to potential lana music 

also, personally, i think ufb today would bring everyone's spirits up. just a hunch :grinds:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

Even Zella did a collab with Dan Last year... Why can't Lana bless our ears???

Zella had an entire EP done by him i think but i bet you she gave him more creative control than Lana did. that's why lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm just going to say that I need RCS to be ROCK!!!!

I feel this in my soul.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

is Nokia playing another show today? Remember to ask those:

,,Lana, is Dealer on Rock candy sweet?"

,,Lana, whats the release date for Rock candy sweet?"

,,Lana, are the songs for Rock candy sweet mastered?"

,,Lana, did you submit Rock candy sweet to the vinyl pressing plant?"

And remember to talk loud and slowly and say the album name every time. Make her answer specific.:hottie:

Just now, Lustformoney said:

is Nokia playing another show today? Remember to ask those:

,,Lana, is Dealer on Rock candy sweet?"

,,Lana, whats the release date for Rock candy sweet?"

,,Lana, are songs for Rock candy sweet mastered?"

,,Lana, did you submit Rock candy sweet to the vinyl pressing plant?"

And remember to talk loud and slowly and say the album name every time. Make her answer specific.:hottie:

imagining this is sending me, it’s like a parent making sure their kid got all their homework done 
:eartha: