Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i'm sure anyone who thinks HM lacks big production has not listened to Freak's instrumental yet. Or 24, or Art Deco, or Honeymoon, or Salvatore, or...you get the point :oprah3:

anyways @Jack Antonoff is a God shut up you were asking for NFR 2.0 all the goddamn time. tired of you u little fucker

Capture.jpg

3 hours ago, past the bushes said:

ok but we need Stargirl (solo and extended version) :nails:

imagine you start playing the album and the first thing she says is "I had a vision..."

giphy.gif

Manifesting "Lilacs in my mind all the time are blooming beautifuly"

It's hilarious observing ''the fans'' here and on twitter. In one breath, they want to get rid of Jack (under the fake excuse that they don't want another version of NFR). In another, they want to bring back Dan Auerbach, Rick Nowels and Emile Haynie. 

Those fans need to stop with the mental gymnastics and just be upfront and admit that they want Lana to be stuck in the same space musically, recreating their favorite sound, with the specific producer of that time. They don't mind hearing a specific sound over and over again, as long as it's their favorite sound. They're not fooling anyone. 

They're also trying to rewrite history and pretend like they didn't spent a whole year trashing NFR because it wasn't as glamorous, melodramatic and cinematic as Honeymoon or some other old album. 

So, once again, LET ARTISTS EVOLVE AND STOP ASKING THEM TO RECREATE YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDS!

3 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

LET ARTISTS EVOLVE AND STOP ASKING THEM TO RECREATE YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDS!

i want her to evolve, but to ME it doesn't seem like she's evolving a lot with jack. evolving SOME of course but not like radical change.... so asking her to stick with jack is kinda also asking her to recreate your favorite sounds

and anyways i want zach who she's never worked with on a full (released) album before so it would have to be an evolution :agree:

sUcVobB.png

46 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

i'm sure anyone who thinks HM lacks big production has not listened to Freak's instrumental yet. Or 24, or Art Deco, or Honeymoon, or Salvatore, or...you get the point :oprah3:

anyways @Jack Antonoff is a God shut up you were asking for NFR 2.0 all the goddamn time. tired of you u little fucker

I dont mind getting another NFR, as linh as she is ready to pull up another "Venice Bitch" level

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

Isn’t lana the executive producer or something? so i guess it’s not really jack’s fault if lana wants to make country/folk songs. just had this thought

It's his fault if it's bad executed or bland. He's not creative with his sound. You can clearly see it with the others artists that he works with

This is a minimalist folk well executed:

Jack just try

"Let Lana evolve!" 

This is just my opinion, but I don't think anybody is trying to stop her from doing that. While I love NFR (my favorite lana album) and COCC and I don't think that they sound the same, they are similar sonically. If anything, I think wanting this album to be different from the previous two would be letting and wanting lana to evolve rather than stifling that. it is perfectly fine for fans to want the album to be something different than NFR and COCC/want it to have elements from previous works besides those two. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, lil aerosol said:

I feel you but he absolutely killed the country/folk sound with interesting instrumentals on folklore imo... I mean listen to 'august'. The material is there I just hope Lana and him push each other to do something a bit more... substantial

imo it's good for taylor, and it works for her sound, but i don't have any interest in lana having the same or similar production (again lol since jack's production is very recognizable). and to me taylor's voice is still the star or the main drawing point (??? i might be wrong) of folklore/evermore. 

also i've never listened to either of them all the way through (in fact today was the first day i voluntarily listened to any of the songs) just because it hasn't interested me.... thus you can see why i don't want jack to produce (another) country/folk record for lana :agree: it's not that they're bad, just not enthralling or interesting to me personally

daddy zach however :hottie:

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, lil aerosol said:

I feel you but he absolutely killed the country/folk sound with interesting instrumentals on folklore imo... I mean listen to 'august'. The material is there I just hope Lana and him push each other to do something a bit more... substantial

That's 70% of my opinion on Folklore: https://medium.com/summer-of-72/taylor-swifts-lackluster-attempt-at-being-indie-on-folklore-a-review-b703f3bcb88f

I completely disagree with some points, especially with the:

“Look!” Swift seems to be saying. “I can be just as cool and folksy as you! All it takes is throwing money at the coolest people in indie today!"

But when he talks about the sound, I agree. It's not good

She has not relatively produced anything that’s “insane” with Jack besides VB I think... I’m curious to see how this plays out with the whole revenge concept

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

It's hilarious observing ''the fans'' here and on twitter. In one breath, they want to get rid of Jack (under the fake excuse that they don't want another version of NFR). In another, they want to bring back Dan Auerbach, Rick Nowels and Emile Haynie. 

Those fans need to stop with the mental gymnastics and just be upfront and admit that they want Lana to be stuck in the same space musically, recreating their favorite sound, with the specific producer of that time. They don't mind hearing a specific sound over and over again, as long as it's their favorite sound. They're not fooling anyone. 

They're also trying to rewrite history and pretend like they didn't spent a whole year trashing NFR because it wasn't as glamorous, melodramatic and cinematic as Honeymoon or some other old album. 

So, once again, LET ARTISTS EVOLVE AND STOP ASKING THEM TO RECREATE YOUR FAVORITE SOUNDS!

actually we want her to evolve... without jack:oprah3:

this entire rant sounds like mental gymnastics considering we’ve been asking for zach who is a new producer lol 

also yeah some of us want a more glamorous/ cinematic production, why should we feel bad about that??? that sound was the entire reason for her and her label to create the persona/ name “lana del rey” :scoff:

35 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

I think we saw how much she’s “evolved” when we listened to COCC and it was undistinguishable from NFR. Like...the same exact album. 

so when that happens I think people are perfectly reasonable for wanting her to switch it up

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

whatever happens, it'd be reeeeal funny if RCS ended up making cocc rise on the charts again and hit number 2 while RCS hits number 1

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

agreed, you and jack both need to fuck off

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

At this point people need to calm tf down about Lana “evolving” and crucifying anybody who would like to see an older sound return... Lana has dabbled in many genres and has received critical acclaim for it! Fans expressing that it would be cute too revisit an old sound means nothing... at the end of the day she will always be in control it’s just a preference people have 

giphy.gif

I've never been a jack hater and I don't think I ever will be, but I will admit that I think we need something fresh for this album. and by something fresh, i'm thinking zach dawes :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I've never been a jack hater and I don't think I ever will be, but I will admit that I think we need something fresh for this album. and by something fresh, i'm thinking zach dawes :hype:

same i've never particularly hated jack but i do want something different. i don't want more low key songs like cocc had. cocc is good and i like it much better now that i've heard it on replay over and over but still-- we need something different. if jack can get out of his comfort zone and let lana push HIM, then maybe... because he has good melodies, it's just his instrumentation and building off of stuff instead of stopping at a place where it's recorded and it's had it's "finishing touches". maybe if laura sisk took a more co-production role rather than mixing role, she could add a different touch to it that might brighten it up some

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, honeybadger said:

i want flute giphy.gif

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES GIMME FLUTES AND VIOLINS OR ELECTRIC AND BASS GUITARS OR DRUMS OR SOOOOOMETHING MORE THAN PIANO THANKSSSSS 

giphy.gif