Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

It kind of breaks my heart, lately, to see her in this very country vibe. I mean: I trust her, I love Breaking up slowly, I love every album of hers, but it breaks my heart because I think about Honeymoon and still Lust for Life, and now, to see her going so country..don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Nikki and I repeat, I trust Lana and I  have faith in her with all my heart! She knows how to compose, how to make great music everytime, she never disappoints me, but I just want her to find herself. I'm not saying that she shouldn't frequent these people, because we don't know them! Maybe they're the most genuine and honest friends she has find, maybe not. 

But again, we know nothing. 

I want the best for her. Personally, in my opinion, all this is just a phase. 

Maybe after this country album ( if it's coming) she will change again, because we have to remember that she changes continuously, every album is different, every era is a different story. She'll always be meeting new people, new friends, new producers. 

I don't know if I expressed my thoughts well, I hope I did because I love her with all my heart. <3

I want it to be clear: I'm not against Nikki, or whoever. But I almost cry if I think about the older albums.. I'm not saying that she should go back to that, because maybe she'll never. Again, she keeps changing. 

no hate but this is so melodramatic :rip: 

image.png

45 minutes ago, boom like that said:

Anyways am I the only one who doesn't believe the twitter twink we're getting this info from.. the fact that they kept sharing new things makes me think they're just making stuff up for the attention. They could make anything up by this point cause its so early on and no one will clock them for it when the album finally releases :oprah3:

Iit is possible they were telling the truth in the beginning, but now they could be making stuff up, because that has attracted some attention. But since I haven't checked twitter in a while, I don't really know what they post :pft:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, ItsACruelWorld said:

I can't understand anything haha do we have concrete news of the album?

Not really. It‘s just the usual „I dont want Jack to produce RCS“. I cant even remember the last time we've had a different topic here :pft:

On 4/5/2021 at 1:43 PM, crazyforme said:

I mean, she did say record. So it's probably not a poetry thing :trisha:

I love how we were all worried if RCS will even truly happen, and after the confirmation it’s now about if this is even an album ? The fear never dies! As excited as I am for Iron Gates, this better not be the damn poetry/audio book :creep:

lets not jump to conclusions if lana could go from psychedelic rock and blues to folk and country 

maybe jackson has something up his sleeves for rock/grunge type of production 

the clownery :toofloppy:

lights, camera, acción

1 hour ago, Aphrodite said:

It kind of breaks my heart, lately, to see her in this very country vibe. I mean: I trust her, I love Breaking up slowly, I love every album of hers, but it breaks my heart because I think about Honeymoon and still Lust for Life, and now, to see her going so country..don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Nikki and I repeat, I trust Lana and I  have faith in her with all my heart! She knows how to compose, how to make great music everytime, she never disappoints me, but I just want her to find herself. I'm not saying that she shouldn't frequent these people, because we don't know them! Maybe they're the most genuine and honest friends she has find, maybe not. 

Maybe after this country album ( if it's coming) she will change again, because we have to remember that she changes continuously, every album is different, every era is a different story. She'll always be meeting new people, new friends, new producers. 

I don't know if I expressed my thoughts well, I hope I did because I love her with all my heart. <3

I want it to be clear: I'm not against Nikki, or whoever. But I almost cry if I think about the older albums.. I'm not saying that she should go back to that, because maybe she'll never. Again, she keeps changing. 

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you miss the music she made before, just go stream it? It didn't go anywhere? :azealia:

1 minute ago, sweetie said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. If you miss the music she made before, just go stream it? It didn't go anywhere? :azealia:

Idk. It's not about missing her precious works though I think. I don't have an actual problem with COCC or NFR, I still enjoy them for being their own. I guess people miss the way Lana approached her work. When she sang "fresh out of fucks forever" she really meant it, it seems. Idk. Just my thoughts on this. 

7 minutes ago, youngnwildx said:

maybe jackson has something up his sleeves for rock/grunge type of production

This, but only if Lana wants to go in that direction. We don't know if RCS is really going to be Rock; we have her ig-posts and that's pretty much it. It could be anything at this point, something like NFR, COTCC, UV, Country, Folk or whatever. 

I also wouldn't take the name of the album or specifically "Rock" too serious: We know what happened to "White Hot Forever". The album COTCC doesn't sound like the single COTCC, so maybe the lead single has some rock-vibes but the rest doesn't. We also know that she described COTCC as country and said she would be singing about "the third wave of feminism" and "the need for fragility in feminism", yet I can't really find any of that on COTCC. So maybe even the revenge part won't be noticeable on RCS. Be patient and strong besties :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Idk. It's not about missing her precious works though I think. I don't have an actual problem with COCC or NFR, I still enjoy them for being their own. I guess people miss the way Lana approached her work. When she sang "fresh out of fucks forever" she really meant it, it seems. Idk. Just my thoughts on this. 

Still don't get it. They just want more of the same? :tsk:

To me that just seems like chasing that initial 'high' we felt when listening to those records the first time.

I think it's great she's moving on and evolving her sound. If I wanted an Ultraviolence sound I will just go listen to Ultraviolence. It still sounds fresh.

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

I also wouldn't take the name of the album or specifically "Rock" too serious: We know what happened to "White Hot Forever". The album COTCC doesn't sound like the single COTCC, so maybe the lead single has some rock-vibes but the rest doesn't. We also know that she described COTCC as country and said she would be singing about "the third wave of feminism" and "the need for fragility in feminism", yet I can't really find any of that on COTCC. So maybe even the revenge part won't be noticeable on RCS. Be patient and strong besties :oprah3:

I think the revenge part won't be so noticeable, probably it will be in a way only she herself understands in a typical Cancerian manner.

1 minute ago, sweetie said:

Still don't get it. They just want more of the same? :tsk:

To me that just seems like chasing that initial 'high' we felt when listening to those records the first time.

I think it's great she's moving on and evolving her sound. If I wanted an Ultraviolence sound I will just go listen to Ultraviolence. It still sounds fresh.

I can't speak for them, but I definitely dont want more of the same(which is why I don't want her to work with Jack again). NFR and COCC have a different sound.. but Jack's signature is all over both projects, which to me gave me two albums that sounded different, but felt the same to me. Whatever Lana decides to do, I just want her to do it professionally. Unlike the ever changing COCC dates....America  standard announcement..etc...:diva:

This is just a phase the same way LFL and NFR was, it’s just that this country phase is unbearable so it seems longer. Hopefully next year she’ll make some rock friends and can leave Nicki behind in her Alabama swamp. 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Aphrodite said:

This is so cringe sorry 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Good morning :grinds: I for one am currently feeling pretty good about this album and hoping for the best

(@ Jack Antonoff can you PLEASE give us a venice bitch type sound on this album)

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This is just a phase the same way LFL and NFR was, it’s just that this country phase is unbearable so it seems longer. Hopefully next year she’ll make some rock friends and can leave Nicki behind in her Alabama swamp. 

Texas, and nowhere near the swamp 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

As for Jack, he produced THE Melodrama and a couple of St. Vincent's albums, among other great things, so it cannot be his fault NFR and COCC sound like they sound. I don't really mind him, although I really wanted her to work with another producer. Third time's a charm y'all, we'll get daddy Nowels for the next one!

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

27 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I understand what you mean. I think it’s in line with what I’m saying also: we need something bigger for RCS, especially when it’s supposedly a summer album. Love NFR and Chemtrails, but those two really are toned down in terms of production and after Chemtrails, to go directly to country-folk would be too slow in my opinion. After Hm, she needed to change the pace a bit and she did, even if some of us really don’t like how “all over the place” this album is (it’s not my opinion because I connected with this album). I really love Chemtrails but I don’t listen to it as much as Norman, sadly. 
like you said, I’m not against country because she knows what she is doing (I wasn’t that eager for Summer Bummer because it’s not my favourite genre and yet, I love the song, and BUS surprised me in a good way).