Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Yooooo, what we're NOT gonna do, is drag @Aphrodites opinion!! Sis made good points and poured their valid emotions. :kiss3:

4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I understand what you mean. I think it’s in line with what I’m saying also: we need something bigger for RCS, especially when it’s supposedly a summer album. Love NFR and Chemtrails, but those two really are toned down in terms of production and after Chemtrails, to go directly to country-folk would be too slow in my opinion. After Hm, she needed to change the pace a bit and she did, even if some of us really don’t like how “all over the place” this album is (it’s not my opinion because I connected with this album). I really love Chemtrails but I don’t listen to it as much as Norman, sadly. 

Period!! Well said!!:trisha:

It’s honestly so fucking hard to follow her. I mean, RCS is a project coming out of the blue and supposedly dropping real soon. 
we were expecting a cover album, a country one maybe, a second audiobook. Plus she seemed so tired in January in the Annie Mac interview, plus the other interviews where she said she didn’t know what the next move is... And now, on Insta, she is all in on country vibes... and we really don’t know if RCS will be in those veins.

30 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

I can't speak for them, but I definitely dont want more of the same(which is why I don't want her to work with Jack again). NFR and COCC have a different sound.. but Jack's signature is all over both projects, which to me gave me two albums that sounded different, but felt the same to me. Whatever Lana decides to do, I just want her to do it professionally. Unlike the ever changing COCC dates....America  standard announcement..etc...:diva:

Fair enough. Personally I don't really have any expectations for Lana anymore- not to be too negative but I don't think she can reach or exceed her old peaks. The golden age of LDR is over. Of course I wish to be proven wrong by RCS but... not mad or surprised if it's a dud with a sloppy rollout :smokes:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s honestly so fucking hard to follow her. I mean, RCS is a project coming out of the blue and supposedly dropping real soon. 
we were expecting a cover album, a country one maybe, a second audiobook. Plus she seemed so tired in January in the Annie Mac interview, plus the other interviews where she said she didn’t know what the next move is... And now, on Insta, she is all in on country vibes... and we really don’t know if RCS will be in those veins.

Lana being the trailblazer she has always been. I love her :flutter:

But honestly if I was a musician and my two latest records were critically acclaimed... even grammy-nominated... and sold surprisingly well... I'm not sure if I would go for a completely other sound. I guess I would just follow that direction :um2: please don't come for me I love you all

16 minutes ago, COCC said:

But honestly if I was a musician and my two latest records were critically acclaimed... even grammy-nominated... and sold surprisingly well... I'm not sure if I would go for a completely other sound. I guess I would just follow that direction :um2: please don't come for me I love you all

I reckon that would logically make sense, but since Lana's albums sound different from one another, I feel like RCS will have its own little details :)

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This is just a phase the same way LFL and NFR was, it’s just that this country phase is unbearable so it seems longer. Hopefully next year she’ll make some rock friends and can leave Nicki behind in her Alabama swamp. 

I love it here :icant:

mmm controversial opinion: i wouldn't mind this being BTIG transformed because that would mean she's actually taking time with the process and lovingly creating a new album :hottie: with a beautiful atmosphere and energy like uv hm and aka :hottie:

sUcVobB.png

God the Jack hate is borrrringgggggggggg

NFR and COCC are two very different albums. 

Would love a Jack & Zach produced album. Psychedelic (aka Venice Bitch) + Cinematic (Aka Honeymoon) + Guitars (Aka The Greatest) + soft rock (California) + Soaring songs (the Blackest Day, TNBAR) 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Possible song titles based on her tweets

1. Country At Heart
2. Lives Between State Borders and States Of Mind
3. Sociopathy And Narcissism In America
4. We did it Joe
5. Suck it
6. When You Know What You Don’t Want You Know What You Do Want
7. At The Back Of The Stadium 
8. Haikus
9. 12:12
10. So Damn Hot Tonight
11. Sand On My Lips
12. Thank You Lord
13. Little Lennon
14. Make A Wish

manifesting WYKWYDWYKWYDW isn't another hope... LBSBASOM, SI, ATBOTS and SDHT sound like they could fit into ultraviolence, so I'm manifesting that!!!! and ASNIA and WDIJ will probably be question for the culture in a mp3 format 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

In my eyes her entire career shifted after honeymoon was released(her last “Lana” album to me), she was caught in the motions with political events, had tons of scrapped album ideas which reflected the final cut of lust for life with lots of filler being present and to top it all off it was very incohesive which subjectively to me made it her worst album.

NFR was then released as which continued to stray even further from Lana as a character with her writing becoming incredibly vague itself and had a very different lyrical style to prior releases with it being very safe in songwriting and production-I would say this was a critics wet dream, it doesn’t particularly innovate or offend and has lots of piano ballads with it completely demolishing any cinematic feel. I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

If I’m being honest I feel from what we’ve learned of Lana over the years she craves the liking of others and is a people pleaser no matter much how she denies it, she will continue to make records like NFR and CoCC as long as she is heaped with praise -she’s stated her misgivings with aspects of Cocc but can’t make her mind up but as long as the feedback hails her as a genius she will continue to play it safe.

I don’t believe any of this is Jacks fault but he is a yes man and will not push Lana outside of her comfort zone.

she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique.

She is a sweet person but also stuck inside a perception of herself. 

17 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

I couldn’t agree more with this specific part . It is exactly what I wanted to say in a previous post and couldn’t articulate it well. The shift in critique really baffles me as well , it is crazy how critics only acknlowdged her when she was stripped of all of the cinematic features and production that she used to be known for. Only when she adopted a less controversial and safe approach in her music and lyrics she was acknowlegded for her artistry and people actually focused on her music.  
(Again these are just my thoughts ) 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I feel like the aesthetic of this album will in part go back to that more cinematic side of lana we got in the first three albums (BTD, UV and HM). right now, of course, she's in Texas with nikki lane, but that doesn't for sure say that that's the vibe of what this era/album will be. her instagram posts alone these past few weeks have given me that more "glamorous" vibe despite being Texas based. maybe we're getting country glam for this album cycle

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

this is probably a stupid question but why do so many of u not want jack to produce rcs :noparty:

Don't get them started :noparty:

26 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

In my eyes her entire career shifted after honeymoon was released(her last “Lana” album to me), she was caught in the motions with political events, had tons of scrapped album ideas which reflected the final cut of lust for life with lots of filler being present and to top it all off it was very incohesive which subjectively to me made it her worst album.

NFR was then released as which continued to stray even further from Lana as a character with her writing becoming incredibly vague itself and had a very different lyrical style to prior releases with it being very safe in songwriting and production-I would say this was a critics wet dream, it doesn’t particularly innovate or offend and has lots of piano ballads with it completely demolishing any cinematic feel. I also find the consensus critic feedback for this album incredibly sexist-a woman is only deemed good when she strips herself back from glamour or uses a piano and a simple melody(most of the critics stated she behaved as an actual human being on this album).

If I’m being honest I feel from what we’ve learned of Lana over the years she craves the liking of others and is a people pleaser no matter much how she denies it, she will continue to make records like NFR and CoCC as long as she is heaped with praise -she’s stated her misgivings with aspects of Cocc but can’t make her mind up but as long as the feedback hails her as a genius she will continue to play it safe.

I don’t believe any of this is Jacks fault but he is a yes man and will not push Lana outside of her comfort zone.

she ironically displays some of what she protests about in some ways-Narcissistic values as displayed when she gets irritate with the tiniest amount of critique.

Preach you sis ❤❤❤❤

Spoiler

Is that Taylor Momsen in your profile picture? And if it is, it's intentional? Because if it is, all I have to say is that you have an incredible taste

come on y’all have been debating about Jack for like 4 days straight now :rip: can someone make some fake tracklists or something. at this point its just groundhog day 

RVhKIwP.gif

16 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

this is probably a stupid question but why do so many of u not want jack to produce rcs :noparty:

I dont think he challenges lana enough. He appears to keep her in a box.

30 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

THIS.

1 minute ago, May said:

come on y’all have been arguing about Jack for like 4 days straight now :rip: can someone make some fake tracklists or something. at this point its just groundhog day 

lock the thread :xgiggle:

Capture.jpg

21 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

For me, it is because his music is unappealing to me. It's always lacking something more. I don't like