Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

i mean it's chocolate idgi but ok DYP4IqX.gif

There is not much to get, only a little joke

:kiss2: 

I had a dream last night where I met lana because she was in my city and I was the only person that recognized her. When I asked her about RCS, she gave me an exclusive copy of it and told me it'd be out in two months. In the dream, the album was pure psychedelic rock. I'm hoping that this wasn't a dream, but a prophecy :hype:

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, ultr4vilnce said:

(idk if someone has said that this i don’t wanna look through this thread)

can we please talk abt how the tik tok stans are believing this lie? :facepalm:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeaSgu1L/

tiktok stans literally think she was doing crack at 9 years old and that she was in a gang they'll believe anything:lmao:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, ultr4vilnce said:

(idk if someone has said that this i don’t wanna look through this thread)

can we please talk abt how the tik tok stans are believing this lie? :facepalm:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeaSgu1L/

Useless rant ahead

Lana TikTok stans are the fucking pits. I’ve seen multiple TikToks today saying that if a lana stan says they want her to return to her Lizzy Grant roots or that they love that era of her then they’re glorifying paedophillea, drug addiction and being poor/living in a trailer park. like no u fucking weirdos i just like the damn album and the fact she lived in a trailer park while making it is a nice sentimental aspect which adds to the atmosphere of the music because BACKSTORY! i hate these 14 year old tiktok lanacult stans im so sorry. not to mention she literally sings about those days with fondness herself on White Dress .. yet whenever stans look at that era with a fondness we’re glamorising severe mental trauma :awkney:  

RVhKIwP.gif

2 minutes ago, May said:

Useless rant ahead

Hide contents

Lana TikTok stans are the fucking pits. I’ve seen multiple TikToks today saying that if a lana stan says they want her to return to her Lizzy Grant roots or that they love that era of her then they’re glorifying paedophillea, drug addiction and being poor/living in a trailer park. like no u fucking weirdos i just like the damn album and the fact she lived in a trailer park while making it is a nice sentimental plus which adds to the atmosphere of the music because BACKSTORY! i hate these 14 year old tiktok lanacult stans im so sorry. not to mention she literally sings about those days with fondness herself on White Dress .. yet whenever stans look at that era with a fondness we’re glamorising severe mental trauma :awkney:  

Not "Lana glamorizes pedophilia" backlash again...

The Lizzy Grant era was so cool. She was experimenting a lot with her sound and lyrics. Between 2017 and 2019 I listened to a lot more Lizzy than Lana. Tik Tok stans need to stop

15 minutes ago, May said:

Useless rant ahead

Reveal hidden contents

Lana TikTok stans are the fucking pits. I’ve seen multiple TikToks today saying that if a lana stan says they want her to return to her Lizzy Grant roots or that they love that era of her then they’re glorifying paedophillea, drug addiction and being poor/living in a trailer park. like no u fucking weirdos i just like the damn album and the fact she lived in a trailer park while making it is a nice sentimental aspect which adds to the atmosphere of the music because BACKSTORY! i hate these 14 year old tiktok lanacult stans im so sorry. not to mention she literally sings about those days with fondness herself on White Dress .. yet whenever stans look at that era with a fondness we’re glamorising severe mental trauma :awkney:  

yeah i see this a lot, they say it's disrespectful to bring up the album cause lana never wanted it to be heard even tho LDRAKALG was put on streaming platforms back in 2010 and it only got removed because she garnered no success from it. they literally pull so much stuff out of their ass to make it seem like her life was terrible back then but she said she was happy when writing it and living in the trailer park so :awk: 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

people need to stop talking AT each other like this, and actually communicate WITH each other. we get Lana's music better than most so we get it a lot more, and I can see how that might come to play but this is like the equivalent of a bunch of brats going to a museum and dissing the art in it without understanding its history and how things came to be. tf is going on w people these days. focus of a microwave going off. Stream HIAB for some self-centering bless. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, new gods said:

yeah i see this a lot, they say it's disrespectful to bring up the album cause lana never wanted it to be heard even tho LDRAKALG was put on streaming platforms back in 2010 and it only got removed because she garnered no success from it. they literally pull so much stuff out of their ass to make it seem like her life was terrible back then but she said she was happy when writing it and living in the trailer park so :awk: 

it’s funny bc Lana has always been consistent with the fact that she hates having her story rewritten by other ppl and then a portion of her stans sit on tiktok all day straight up making up lies about her life :awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif

59 minutes ago, May said:

Useless rant ahead

Hide contents

I find tiktok based lana fans to be kind of embarassing to be honest. They go from "ugh I want lana to start being lizzy and do hard drugs again, she sucks now teehee" to "you can't like any of lana's music from the lizzy grant era, she hates it". It's a bit funny to me that so many of those people do that and then hate white dress. And in terms of that one tiktok where they were all freaking out over the fake genius tracklist for RCS, I also find that to be really funny :thumb3: Honestly, the only unreleased song I can see being on RCS is dealer, and that one isn't even leaked 

(Tiktok is also the home of the lanacult and the "lana del rey burned a bible and also burned down a church rumors" so i can't say I'm too fond of that aspect of it). 

imageproxy.jpg

13 minutes ago, agecando said:

If we are getting a cover on this album I really hope is Wicked Game :wub: 

or Back to Black :wub:

2 hours ago, lili said:

Thank you! :kiss:  I was completely obsessed with Hole's Live Through This, too! What an album.

i’ve always wanted lana to do a haunting cover of softer, softest since it’s about mommy issues 

16 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I personally think Lana should keep covers for a covers album. They just take up the real estate of an original song.

I think it depends on how it's done. I liked Blue Velvet and TOW but on Honeymoon, it was a bit jarring to hear DLMBM after Swan Song which literally means a final performance before retirement/death.

29 minutes ago, COCC said:

or Back to Black :wub:

:excited:ugh can you imagine?!! I would die for any Amy cover honestly.

Personally I like when there’s a cover in the tracklist, i see it as a little hint of her mindset at that time... and i’m always interested to hear Lana’s version of anything, really. I listen to TOW religiously :fabcat: