Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

the 22nd is Earth Day :bebe:

tomorrow is national laundry day.... washing my hAIRRRRR DOING THE LAUNDRY giphy.gif

my ideal posting schedule would be something tomorrow for national laundry day of course as kind of the cap off of the cocc era and then on earth day which is also national jelly bean day she makes an RCS related post :gurl:

sUcVobB.png

I like that Lana is elegant both in her sound and in the way she expresses herself, also the way she represents that elegance on the cover of her albums (Norman and Chemtrails) but I honestly need/want BTD and UV's "Lana Del Rey", Honeymoon, NFR and COCC are certainly amazing albums but I think we all agree that, even though those are her best worked albums objectively, ultraviolence and BTD have that iconic thing that we all want back, glamour, lipstick, videos, outfits, that bad bitch behavior. 
After QFTC and the publication where she revealed RCS, I really hope that album will be upbeat with that hip/hop and rock sound from her first two albums.    

It can be clarified that because an album is commercial does not mean that it is bad... Imagine Lana doing a future nostalgia or something like melodrama but in her own way or maybe she could surprise us with something better.  

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I never thought I'd say this but it's too soon (June 1st)

COCC needs time to breathe and she is doing her art a disservice releasing another album so soon

This is why I don't feel excited

File under: RCS pre-release, unpopular opinions

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I like that Lana is elegant both in her sound and in the way she expresses herself, also the way she represents that elegance on the cover of her albums (Norman and Chemtrails) but I honestly need/want BTD and UV's "Lana Del Rey", Honeymoon, NFR and COCC are certainly amazing albums but I think we all agree that, even though those are her best worked albums objectively, ultraviolence and BTD have that iconic thing that we all want back, glamour, lipstick, videos, outfits, that bad bitch behavior. 
After QFTC and the publication where she revealed RCS, I really hope that album will be upbeat with that hip/hop and rock sound from her first two albums.    

It can be clarified that because an album is commercial does not mean that it is bad... Imagine Lana doing a future nostalgia or something like melodrama but in her own way or maybe she could surprise us with something better.  

???? Honeymoon literally had all of that. It was peak Cryptic Elegance Del Rey.

Hmmm I didn't say the opposite lol, I said those three hm, cocc and nfr are her best records 

2 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

???? Honeymoon literally had all of that. It was peak Cryptic Elegance Del Rey.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

So I haven't been around for too long but only came to say Lana is a legend. Can't wait for anything she does. I trust her to death. Anything this album may be it's going to be beautiful. 

4 hours ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Please can we make a collective effort not to respond to a certain troll on here.

I find it funny that they think they're an intellectual who alone can understand the artistry and complexity of his production. Everyone who disagrees has objectively 'bad taste'. I enjoy Jack's work with her but oh my god the lack of self awareness. :awk:

I'll take 'terrible drum loops' and 'shitty, melodramatic strings and synths' any day over Lana quietly whispering into a microphone while Jack plays the same three chords somewhere in the background on the world's tiniest piano.

No matter how many times you defend him, he's still not going to fuck you. :kiss2:

PERIOD :trisha::trisha:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

Lana obviously loved Bowie along with all the other greats like Lou Reed, Stevie, etc... but can we get something inspired by Bowie on this album? Like not just lyrically but like in terms of sound...? Please? If you're gonna do a stripped back album PLEASE do something similar to Hunky Dory or something!!!!!! it'd be lovely if she did something like the guitars on Man Who Sold The World particularly The Width of A Circle (speaking of which that's getting a whole ass release so I need to add that to my "to buy" list to go along with my Metrobolist vinyl) 

idk i just want something entirely different again. cocc felt like the little sister of NFR, almost too little... too little in the sense that it wasn't 1000% finished cooking entirely. like it could've used something extra on over half of the songs. it's a great album i like it, and i'm glad she's ready to put more music out there but i need to hear something that's more.... rock inspired or prog inspired, come on Jack you have the capabilities to use mellotron USE IT FOR FUCK SAKE

sorry guys i just needed to talk out my thoughts

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

i think lana just did born to die and uv so commercial because there was more pressure of the labels to she convice that shes really profitable and because she was really mainstream at the time, so they really wanted to invest on her carreer. I think that lana herself is not really into this type of stuff because it's tiring for her. But I can picture it her doing some Tropico again

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*