Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

The way Marina released two singles, an album cover and tracklist for her album which comes out June 11th meanwhile all Miss Lana has given us is precisely two song titles for her album which comes out June 1st

5-AA98-AAE-B4-B4-40-E5-8-C27-BB00-FAB4-C

Umm, we just got a whole ass album less than a month ago lol 

3 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

COCC needs time to breathe

COCC came, outsold Justin‘s small cocc, broke some records and needs to rest now :kiss:

8 minutes ago, cherryrockwell said:

I need clarity! Are we all just clowning or do we truly believe in RCS June 2021????:w8ing:

not clowning more like getting clowned  :flop:

lights, camera, acción

1 hour ago, not all who wander r lost said:

does anyone know when exactly Chemtrails was finished? trying to see sumn :raven:

I'm guessing November 2020. In October, she was still hesistant to add Dealer to the tracklist, in December she started filming the video for White Dress and said that the vinyl production was slower than she anticipated. It was also in December when we found several tracks through Shazam.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Lana obviously loved Bowie along with all the other greats like Lou Reed, Stevie, etc... but can we get something inspired by Bowie on this album? Like not just lyrically but like in terms of sound...? Please? If you're gonna do a stripped back album PLEASE do something similar to Hunky Dory or something!!!!!! it'd be lovely if she did something like the guitars on Man Who Sold The World particularly The Width of A Circle (speaking of which that's getting a whole ass release so I need to add that to my "to buy" list to go along with my Metrobolist vinyl) 

idk i just want something entirely different again. cocc felt like the little sister of NFR, almost too little... too little in the sense that it wasn't 1000% finished cooking entirely. like it could've used something extra on over half of the songs. it's a great album i like it, and i'm glad she's ready to put more music out there but i need to hear something that's more.... rock inspired or prog inspired, come on Jack you have the capabilities to use mellotron USE IT FOR FUCK SAKE

sorry guys i just needed to talk out my thoughts

Ugh I'd love a Hunky Dory inspired sound from Lana, it's my favorite Bowie album <3

Also I'm honestly really sad about the musical direction Lana has been heading. Not to be like "I hate Jack" but he just doesn't do Lana justice. Usually the instrumentation matches her vocals and her voice sounds like part of the instrumental, but lately (aka Norman & Chemtrails) it feels like her vocals and the instruments are totally separate. Idk if I'm making sense bc I'm drunk, but my point is that her music isn't an escape anymore. The magic, the ethereal atmosphere, is gone. It's just a voice over some toned down instruments. I can handle two dull albums, but even though I don't want to, I might have to unstan if RCS follows the same musical direction as Norman & Chemtrails ://

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Nnnn not some of you acting like NFR and Cocc haven’t produced some of the worst lyrics of her career- 

“it’s me your little Venice bitch”

”killing me more than polka dots and insta thots”

“Cause every time I said no
It wasn't quite what I mean 
If you know what I mean”

I like "Venice bitch", it's a like an insider she had with that man she is singing to/about.

btw killing me more than polka dots coffe pots and insta thots

Manifesting lana bringing lana lyrics back:nails: no more sitting in the garden watching summer fade away and being blue in a car. We need the violets in between her tights, tangerine dreams and deadly nightshades. If i wanted to hear about boring shit, i would be listening to someone else. I wish nfr never happened cuz it made her realize that critics want boring watered down shit

6 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I'm guessing November 2020. In October, she was still hesistant to add Dealer to the tracklist, in December she started filming the video for White Dress and said that the vinyl production was slower than she anticipated. It was also in December when we found several tracks through Shazam.

That's a small timeframe but I'm gonna speculate that she spent some time with Zach Dawes after making "Dealer" and omitted it from Chemtrails to add it to RCS along with other tracks the two of them produced from those sessions. Lana calling Dealer a defining song probably means it was different sounding from the entire record especially the fact that she screams her head off in the track (as she says) and probably wanted to make an album around that sound. What I'm getting to rn is RCS being possibly produced by Zach Dawes as well as Antonoff (if whatever that fan said was true) maybe we are getting our angry bangers after all!

16 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Manifesting lana bringing lana lyrics back:nails: no more sitting in the garden watching summer fade away and being blue in a car. We need the violets in between her tights, tangerine dreams and deadly nightshades. If i wanted to hear about boring shit, i would be listening to someone else. I wish nfr never happened cuz it made her realize that critics want boring watered down shit

You snapped hard bestie !:gurl:

Hoping theres an NFR/critics, diss song on RCS!!

9 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I don't mind her lyrics on the past two albums, in fact, I was positively surprised and genuinely glad to hear that they were better on Norman than LFL, but I kind of agree with you. I don't mean that her lyrics are bad, they're far from that, but she's been describing and singing about ordinary life in most songs and left that little bit of mystery she used to have in her older albums. Except for, like, Tulsa Jesus Freak which is kinda freaky in a sense. But I, too, wish to hear lyrics that make me think; me and god, we don't get along? they judge me like a picture book? lies can buy eternity? life rocked me like Mötley? etc etc I miss her world building in a sense, I guess. Lyrics like "back to work or the coffee shop", "we laugh about nothing", they are sweet, and I'm so glad Lana has found a better life for herself (if she is genuine about the things she's been singing about lately).

So what I really want for this album is some interesting, clever lyrics and less about everyday life... not saying it's exactly bad , but I like to dream away when I listen to her songs. I think she's really good at that too, to describe worlds and situations and feelings.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I don't mind her lyrics on the past two albums, in fact, I was positively surprised and genuinely glad to hear that they were better on Norman than LFL, but I kind of agree with you. I don't mean that her lyrics are bad, they're far from that, but she's been describing and singing about ordinary life in most songs and left that little bit of mystery she used to have in her older albums. Except for, like, Tulsa Jesus Freak which is kinda freaky in a sense. But I, too, wish to hear lyrics that make me think; me and god, we don't get along? they judge me like a picture book? lies can buy eternity? life rocked me like Mötley? etc etc I miss her world building in a sense, I guess. Lyrics like "back to work or the coffee shop", "we laugh about nothing", they are sweet, and I'm so glad Lana has found a better life for herself (if she is genuine about the things she's been singing about lately).

So what I really want for this album is some interesting, clever lyrics and less about everyday life... not saying it's exactly bad , but I like to dream away when I listen to her songs. I think she's really good at that too, to describe worlds and situations and feelings.

Exactly, we all started stanning because she was creating magic with her lyrics, who wants to hear abour washing your hair on a ranch? Her lyrics used to be an escape from reality

5 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Exactly, we all started stanning because she was creating magic with her lyrics, who wants to hear abour washing your hair on a ranch? Her lyrics used to be an escape from reality

Again, I don't exactly mind that because A) it's a small glimpse into her current mindset and life, B) she delivers the lyrics so beautifully lol, and C) it paints a beautiful picture in a sense "washing my hair, doing the laundy, late night TV, I want you, honey". But then again, yeeeaaahhh, it's nothing too special. But maybe it doesn't have to. It fits the feeling of the song pretty well in my opinion.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png