Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

There can be a balance between a simple, midwestern somewhat suburban life and being sexually liberated and having fun, and I'd like to think this album will be an insight into that balance. 

Spoiler

Blue Banisters coming (:wink:) for most erotic song in lana's discography 

imageproxy.jpg

A thing that saddens me is when people try to shame others for having different opinions and try to prove that they lack in taste and intellectuality just because they might disagree :awkney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

39 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Hearing Lana sing so earnestly about her suburban housewife fantasy is actually quite amusing. There's absolutely nothing wrong or surprising about it. Lana is a 35 year old woman after all. It's not her fault that one portion of her ''fan'' base is still stuck in 2012 and want her to sing about boarding schools and Lolita bullshit, while the other want her to become another Dua Lipa. Those ''fans'' need to move on.

I like how he swears everybody who doesn’t worship NFR and COCC are “fake fans” yet he insists that everything pre-NFR in her discography was trash lmfao. 

you’re the same as us, babe. the exact same. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

8 hours ago, cherryrockwell said:

I need clarity! Are we all just clowning or do we truly believe in RCS June 2021????:w8ing:

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For Lana Fans Like Us - But We Have It :hype:

Mfhp.gif

55 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Hearing Lana sing so earnestly about her suburban housewife fantasy is actually quite amusing. There's absolutely nothing wrong or surprising about it. Lana is a 35 year old woman after all. It's not her fault that one portion of her ''fan'' base is still stuck in 2012 and want her to sing about boarding schools and Lolita bullshit, while the other want her to become another Dua Lipa. Those ''fans'' need to move on.

I think they moved on to 2014 now. In 10 years they are in 2019.

Mfhp.gif

not manifesting this but- Blue Banisters feels like a poem to me. it makes me think of a kid sitting near the top of a staircase looking/listening through the banisters feeling sad and trapped while her parents are fighting downstairs. evokes a sense of imprisonment like behind the iron gates. hope it's a sexy song instead though of course 

Omg "ROCK CANDY SWEET" album cover revealed.yPBCrdH.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’ve been listening to Holocene (Zella Day and Weyes Blood) a lot lately and I realllllllly wish Lana would come out with a song like that, production-wise. I love the psychedelic early 70s vibe, and their voices. Lana would sound lovely on a track like that. Or, alternatively, just give us songs like Shades of Cool! Manifesting.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

3 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I hope she rhymes the word sucker w fucker tumblr_mj82ddpXJJ1rj4kigo1_250.gif

SPILL :smokes2:

'And I won't cry myself to sleep like a sucker
I won't cry myself to sleep

If I do I'll die
I pray your life is sweet, you fucker'

lights, camera, acción

11 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

Honestly, I don't see so much difference between BTD and some songs that she was working on before that. It obviously had a bigger production and it was polished, but the spirit stays the same. She fought for UV at the time, her label didn't wanted it. The final sound is clearly a result of Dan's work, but it still Lana's. 

For me she's way more mainstream and accessible now (my grandmother loves NFR, for example). You can't say that COCC isn't, but it is. Taylor just won AOTY with Folklore. With the pandemic, people started to get more interest in a organic, more folkish and human kind of music.

Obviously she won't make BTD.2 again, but I don't see any problem with UV.2 (not lyrically, but sound wise). I think that her influences and vision had changed. That's why we're getting what we're getting 

of course!! I just really can see her doing the uv sound, but for me the way she worked on the era maybe won't ever be repeated like, she made a really strong visual to this album, and after norman she's progressively doing more simples things for that.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

I'm craving an album with a sound that's similar to that of The Ooz or Man Alive! by King Krule, but 'it's just a dream I had in mind'. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.