Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

19 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’d love if Lana pulled off the June 1st date! I also agree that Blue Banisters is likely the lead single, and going by the 20 day theory of White Dress it makes sense it’ll be out the 30th!

But at least with White Dress we had some confirmation of what it was...so far we’re completely in the dark..she only posted one picture on Instagram and then vanished..didn’t give a ‘excited for my new single/poem/whatever it may be’ didn’t give a date, and the Blue Banister picture wasn’t even posted to Facebook or Twitter...it seems like it was a very spur of the moment thing that she posted just because 

maybe she was greenlit the song coming out and she got excited and announced it early??

as excited as I am for whatever it is, I’m getting antsy for any kind of follow up information instead of the silence :thumb2:

Agree! 
my only hope is that both the RCS and Blue Banisters posts are still on her Insta. When she archived TJF, that was a low-point. 

I don't know why, but I still have the feeling that this is going to be a political record. 

Obviously, my sources are the voices from my head and shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm just saying to let it registered in case it end up being true

Lana for sure knows how to create a buzz:

Step 1: Post a picture that could be the announcement of a new song :oopna:

Step 2: Watch your fans speculate for days :creepna2:

Step 3: After that, watch your fans having a melt-down :creepna:

Bonus: Between those steps make sure to have some pictures of you hanging out with your friends and singing with your new bestie Nikki, but don't interact with anyone :smile4:

I really hope blue banisters is the lead single that is coming soon, she needs to say something cause it's the white dress post all over again, waiting for fridays till the release date like clowns 

lights, camera, acción

Whether this record comes out on June 1 or not, I think I will be excited for it nonetheless :party:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

7 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

Whether this record comes out on June 1 or not, I think I will be excited for it nonetheless :party:

That's the spirit :party:

19 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't know why, but I still have the feeling that this is going to be a political record. 

Obviously, my sources are the voices from my head and shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm just saying to let it registered in case it end up being true

She should steer clear of politics, and almost everything is political today. That's why I think COCC succeeded: it's apolitical. She may want to get 'revenge,' presumably on her critics, but let's face it, they will counterattack in a huge and endless way. She doesn't even have to address them in any sense to be endlessly attacked and condemned by them. 

16 hours ago, theelusivechanteur said:

I'm craving an album with a sound that's similar to that of The Ooz or Man Alive! by King Krule, but 'it's just a dream I had in mind'. 

TASTE! although personally i think something like 6 Feet Beneath The Moon would be amazing too - the aggressive jazz rock sounds of A Lizard State is something i'd LOOOVE to see lana dive into, and also the more chill lo-fi jazz sound of something like Neptune Estate would suit her so well too :flutter: also Easy Easy has always given me Cruel World vibes idk why

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

She should steer clear of politics, and almost everything is political today. That's why I think COCC succeeded: it's apolitical. She may want to get 'revenge,' presumably on her critics, but let's face it, they will counterattack in a huge and endless way. She doesn't even have to address them in any sense to be endlessly attacked and condemned by them. 

COTCC is everything but apolitical (theres actually no thing as apolitical, as politics refer to power relationships and they're present in every aspect of human life). The whole album's narrative is the dilemma between the lights and shadows of privilege. Living in precary conditions or being able to look to the world from the comfort of a mansion arent things that happen from spontaneous generation, but that rely on the very existence of inequality, which is the root of political dynamics itself. The fact that the album presents those topics in an apparently unproblematic, naturalised way, doesnt make them less politic or conflictive, just makes it harder to look deeper into their social connotations.

after the last year, i and the rest of the world have literally no interest in hearing lana del rey discuss politics. 

even if she has good intentions, she has made such a fool of herself in the last year regarding her completely unprovoked and insanely ignorant commentary on feminism and race and whatever tf else she was rambling about. if she has two brain cells to rub together, she should know it would be in her best interest to steer clear of anything too political. esp bc her "social commentary" and "contemplations" are fuckin NUTS. 

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

no why does she look like lara croft....

lana BEEN del rey

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I don't see this album being particularly political for some reason. I'm not really sure why - just a gut feeling, I guess

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

after the last year, i and the rest of the world have literally no interest in hearing lana del rey discuss politics. 

even if she has good intentions, she has made such a fool of herself in the last year regarding her completely unprovoked and insanely ignorant commentary on feminism and race and whatever tf else she was rambling about. if she has two brain cells to rub together, she should know it would be in her best interest to steer clear of anything too political. esp bc her "social commentary" and "contemplations" are fuckin NUTS. 

tea bestie :tommy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Since we don‘t know how political Blue Bannisters will be but we all know Lana very well, we will get one of the following lines:

„Bannisters so blue, like

A) the democrats in the white house

B) Clay’s balls when I‘m in quarantine and can‘t get those extra points in the bedroom“

:karaoke:

Spoiler

Sorry, this was bad, I‘m overworked and need to go to bed :smile4:

5 hours ago, sjatib said:

COTCC is everything but apolitical (theres actually no thing as apolitical, as politics refer to power relationships and they're present in every aspect of human life). The whole album's narrative is the dilemma between the lights and shadows of privilege. Living in precary conditions or being able to look to the world from the comfort of a mansion arent things that happen from spontaneous generation, but that rely on the very existence of inequality, which is the root of political dynamics itself. The fact that the album presents those topics in an apparently unproblematic, naturalised way, doesnt make them less politic or conflictive, just makes it harder to look deeper into their social connotations.

Obviously, I disagree with all of that---I don't see things through a Marxist lens, or a materialistic "You have more, I have less" framework, because that is the way of the world, where everything is literally, naturally unequal, in the sense that nothing is identical except perhaps on a subatomic level (I'll leave that to the physicists). Share with us what you have found to be 'equal' in life outside of a humanistic philosophical position? 

I don't see any politics in 'Not all Who Wander Are Lost'--as we know, people of all frameworks, backgrounds and types have 'gotten the urge to wander,' like many soon-to-be hippies did in 1960s America, and most were lower middle class at best. People have gotten the 'urge to wander' since the dawn of recorded time, prepared or unprepared, well supplied or, more likely, just taking their chances with fate. Look at Jack Kerouac and the Beats. 

What is political about 'Yosemite'? The framework of their relationship, which the narrator finds liberating? Where are the politics in 'Dance Till We Die'? Do you envy or begrudge LDR the time she spends dancing in bars and nightclubs on occasion? Hopefully, many of us find the time for such release, whatever that release is. Do you hold it against her, when we know how hard she works, how prolific she is, how much time she spends on her craft? Where are the politics in 'Wild At Heart'? 

There are slight political angles to 'White Dress,' but it's a coming-of-age story, and a happy one ("and I felt seen"). All coming-of-age stories are hard, by nature. It's one's first testing of one's self in the outer world. She's recalling one of her first jobs as a waitress--don't most of us start out at difficult or unpleasant jobs, where we may be harrassed or bullied as newcomers who are green behind the ears or impressionable? She moves from realizing she can handle the waitress job ("'look how I got this') to succeeding at the 'men's music convention,' where she also 'gets this.' It's a success story. 

What's political about 'Dark But Just A Game,' a look at music industry, contemporary Los Angeles decadence? 

LDR worked very hard, for years, and took a lot of flack, to get the multiple homes she owns, the money she's accrued, her jewels, her 'little red sports car' and other aspects of the life she's living. I certainly do not begrudge her for it. Most of the time, 'the people who own the mansion on the hill' have worked hard for decades, made sacrifices of all kinds, tightly disciplined themselves, taken on debt, gambled a little and have luckily managed to succeed. As Camille Paglia says, in life, for every one who succeeds, 100 fail. I would put those odds at closer to 500 to 1. There's no guarantees, as most of us know already.