Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

25 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

anything but country :hooker: 

I’m not against it, but not after Chemtrails. What gives me hope is that she isn’t done with the Nikki album, so chances of RCS having country influences is minimal. 
the Black Keys are releasing in May a cover album made of blues-country songs they love. I’m more than fine if she ever pulls out something in that range (again, not for RCS: I want this album to be filled with summer sexy songs, with maybe a couple of haunting ballads like White Dress). 

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I just hope that Charlie doesn't put his hands in her music videos. Just saw the video that he directed and now my eyes are bleeding 

just watched it :rip: 

and people in the COCC pre-release thread were manifesting a charlie directed mv :toofunny:

RVhKIwP.gif

i mean the video he directed isn't bad in the sense that i really feel terrified and confused and disturbed watching it which i think was the point....... :awkney: 

but yeah not needing any charlie participation in this album. chunk is welcome, sorry charlie i'm sure you're great

sUcVobB.png

32 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i mean the video he directed isn't bad in the sense that i really feel terrified and confused and disturbed watching it which i think was the point....... :awkney: 

but yeah not needing any charlie participation in this album. chunk is welcome, sorry charlie i'm sure you're great

hopefully she'll be too busy with the kid :prettyhurts:

I think Lana can do a simple music video beautifully - ultraviolence, honeymoon and even FILY/The Greatest to some extent are examples of that (as well as her lizzy grant era and 2011 homemade videos). I do, of course, like a fully produced video, though. I'd love it if she worked with BRTHR again, chemtrails is one of my favorite Lana videos to date. Something that'd also be nice to have again would be a video monologue - the ones she did were always so beautiful

imageproxy.jpg

I attempted a mockup of a cover for RCS. I know it's not the most original but I wanted to incorporate a closeup since it looked so good on the Honeymoon UO LP but also have a border to give it a more polished look (I know some weren't fans of the LFL cover because of this) while keeping it modern with Lana's new name logo. Also, I'm no expert so in the words of Lana: "if you judge me, I'll kill you."

mockup.jpg

25 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

I attempted a mockup of a cover for RCS. I know it's not the most original but I wanted to incorporate a closeup since it looked so good on the Honeymoon UO LP but also have a border to give it a more polished look (I know some weren't fans of the LFL cover because of this) while keeping it modern with Lana's new name logo. Also, I'm no expert so in the words of Lana: "if you judge me, I'll kill you."

mockup.jpg

this is really nice! i love the retro feel it has :smile: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 hour ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

mockup.jpg

:wowcry: this is really pretty! :trisha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I've kinda given up on expecting good music videos from her lately, we normally get at least one good video every era, and it's normally the one that's been directed by a real director, and even then it's not necessarily going to be groundbreaking, Chemtrails was fantastic visually but we've not had generally great visuals like that since Ultraviolence. (Well the LFL era had some pretty gorgeous visuals as well tbh) I did really like Music To Watch Boys To but i only liked the shot of her on the lounge chair, there should have been more focus on that particular scene, and with color, because it's gorgeous and it's one of the looks i remember so vividly when i think of the Honeymoon era. Love was striking too, but again there should have been more focus on her. NFR is the only era where she doesn't have a particularly iconic look, i sort of think of that little black bomber jacket in the Fuck It I Love You video, but that's so lame...

I'm really hoping, if Rock Candy Sweet is going to be a fully flushed out era that we get at least one iconic look to remember, the way we got for BTD, UV, HM, LFL and COCC

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

52 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Also i want a Pink Vinyl... What color is this album for u guys? For me is a bublegum pink..  something like "la bitch" 

Would you settle for a 2LP?

disc.jpg

Lana first teased White Dress on February 6th then released the first snippet on February 27th (exactly 3 weeks apart). The Blue Bannisters teaser was posted on April 10th and 3 weeks from then would be May 1st... Blue Bannisters snippet or full song coming May 1st, 1 month before June 1st when Rock Candy Sweet is supposed to drop... #TeamDelusional