Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

My theory is that RCS is the album related to qftc but she didn't release it right away cause she was halfway done with Chemtrails already. Cocc was probably finished around summer (even if she wasn't sure about the tracklist) so she had time to finish RCS. The only thing weird is that I think she said in an interview that this was the first album that they used all the songs they had but maybe she was referring to the ones in mind for Chemtrails...

Anyway I'm almost sure the album is done but I don't think it's coming that soon cause vinyls photoshoots and videos take time (unless they are being made and Lana managed to stay quiet this time). Maybe the Blue Banisters pic was the bts of something or maybe it was just an old random selfie she edited in 2 minutes.

giphy.gif

the record was supposed to be released the fifth. the vinyl n necessary merch just got delayed bc of the business aspect of it. 
so. there's defo a possibility that the writing's been done, especially w her shuffling the tracklist last year. 

it's just stale cus her most recent album came out not so long ago, and then became inconsistent w teasing the next one w/o much promo for either of them rn. 

UV/Honeymoon

29 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

“You can’t escape my affection, wrap me up in your damp armpits” :brows:

39 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

"in your arm, in your arm, in your armpit i'm your baby" :brows:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886qfc5eh2p60zjfllu6q

56 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I actually heard a rumor that Lana changed the name of the album from Rock Candy Sweet to Rock Candy Feet because of Clay's foot fetish :nails:

We need a 5 minute video featuring her feet for this era

you know how she mentioned she is “an underdog and will die an underdog and i’m fine with it” 

it makes me think there will be a lot of energy into this album.

underdogs usually always have much to prove in regards to everyone else & i think she’s gonna put all her soul into this project, or at least i can dream. Ultraviolence feels very much also her as an ‘underdog’ & doing her best to prove herself... the visuals/photos/cover. idk i just really don’t want half ass energy. i want full effort into the cover, videos, promo, etc. i don’t want her skirting attention or sharing the spotlight w her friends. 

i love her blue banister post and weird tweets/selfies and obscurity. the mystery always entices me 

I want Jealous Girl energy for RCS - "Honey, I'm in love with you, if you don't feel the same boy, you don't wanna mess with me" :twirls:

imageproxy.jpg

Some thoughts about producers for Rock Candy Sweet:

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I wonder if Blake  and Byron are involved with this record? They have credits on Summertime the Gershwin Version and have been in LA for a while. 

We know that Jack is involved again, as per that tweet from that fan who met Lana in Texas, but I also think it’s likely that Lana laid a lot of the material down in the fall of 2020 when she was working on her cover albums, which we know she did with Zach and some of her musician friends/bandmates. 

And then the wild card is Mike Dean, who liked Lana’s IG post announcing Blue Banisters. I think that was the only post he liked of hers, and of course, they recently followed each other so that must hint at some sort of collaboration (namely Blue Banisters). 

TL;DR: based purely on speculation, an album produced by Jack Antonoff, Zach Dawes, and Mike Dean with additional production/instrumentalist credits by Blake Stranathan, Byron Thomas, and others could very well mean a fiery sound with lots of electric guitar, and maybe a few synths here and there. Probably a subtle country influence with the guitars being steel-pedals but almost Hendrix-inspired in nature, riff-wise, if Blake is playing. And then maybe a harsher beat with some slight hip-hop/percussive influences if Mike Dean is involved. 

has anyone tried calling a record store/vinyl plant pretending to be someone working for interscope? now surely that will get us some answers :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

What if Rock Candy Sweet is a long album and the beginning couple songs are like Rock-hard, heavy, angry, crazy and savage :crazy:. then the middle songs are like Candy-playful, silly, yummy, sultry.:candy:and finally Sweet -the last songs are love songs, soft, thoughtful, sad ballads, with a Hope 2.0 to conclude the album. :kiss3:

37 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

has anyone tried calling a record store/vinyl plant pretending to be someone working for interscope? now surely that will get us some answers :oprah3:

"Hi this is Shanice from Interscope"

tenor.gif

Capture.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 2:51 AM, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

You mean COTCC is her TUN and RCS is her Positions. 

Sorry for the late reply lol, but I guess I meant in terms of "success" lol. I think TUN had more success than Aspartame?