Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Not y'all finally thinking she was right in posting the QFTC post a year after it happened.... when y'all were also yelling about how SHES BECOME A RACIST KAREN OH NO OH GOD

:yawn: can we just move on from the damn thing? it was last year during a worldwide pandemic, i get how at the time people were needing someone to hate and they targeted Lana because she "came for" everyone else and was an easy target but like.... if you're gonna hate something someone says hate it and leave it alone. it is what it is. i think she's aloud to feel anyway she wants and she simply expressed it in a bad way. not everyone says what they mean perfectly, she's human. move on and get over it already

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i had a dream that jimmy fallon was promoting rcs instead of lana for some reason and posted a new video that was edited like the chemtrails promo except she was just sitting in the car and showing off her new extensions 

Am I the only one that thinks that the QFTC was a great marketing strategy?

The only reason why she didn't need to promote COCC was because she was already in everyone's mind. The media was all over her and at the end of the day, any PR is good PR.

I think that she was completely right in her post, but it just came from a very immature and childish place. Most people don't see things that way and the only interpretation that they had was "I'm jealous and I need attention"

26 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Am I the only one that thinks that the QFTC was a great marketing strategy?

The only reason why she didn't need to promote COCC was that she was already in everyone's mind. The media was all over her and at the end of the day, any PR is good PR.

I think that she was completely right in her post, but it just came from a very immature and childish place. Most people don't see things that way and the only interpretation that they had was "I'm jealous and I need attention"

if we wanna look at it from that angle, how was it brilliant marketing if the world was almost universally underwhelmed by the album, it’s sliding down the charts, and literally no one but us has even acknowledged it’s existence? 

Chemtrails was a flop no matter how you slice it lol, so what good did a years worth of terrible PR do? 

not to sound snippy with you ofc but I just don’t think that’s the way we wanna look at it bc we will we end up embarrassed lmfaooo

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Just now, Diamantes WILD said:

I mean guess since we're going there, do u think she considers the album a failure? 

no bc the album is exactly what she wants it to be, so in that way, it is a success. She’s an artist before she’s a “brand” or a hit maker. 

i just can’t get behind the idea that her dumbass behavior was actually clever album promo. Bc if it was, it clearly did not work bc no one bought it :horror2:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

2 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I mean guess since we're going there, do u think she considers the album a failure? 

Honestly idk if she considers it a failure but its pretty obvious she's moved on from it....so it kind of feels like she wouldn't care either way whether it was an overwhelming success or a flop lol

1 minute ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

Honestly idk if she considers it a failure but its pretty obvious she's moved on from it....so it kind of feels like she wouldn't care either way whether it was an overwhelming success or a flop lol

yeah idk either and no lol same she probably just finished it for the sake of and it became something more after ironically? idk wish she just did more live performance promo

UV/Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

no bc the album is exactly what she wants it to be, so in that way, it is a success. She’s an artist before she’s a “brand” or a hit maker. 

i just can’t get behind the idea that her dumbass behavior was actually clever album promo. Bc if it was, it clearly did not work bc no one bought it :horror2:

I think the slight hesitance of the qftc was a strange way of asking for solidarity, but the duplicitousness of it's delivery is always gonna welcome speculation. like it gives me subconscious knight move vibes in chess bad publicity's also publicity so I mean. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I think the slight hesitance of the qftc was a strange way of asking for solidarity, but the duplicitousness of it's delivery is always gonna welcome speculation. like it gives me subconscious knight move vibes in chess bad publicity's also publicity so I mean. 

well whatever chess move she was planning backfired bc now everyone thinks she’s a nazi and the album still flopped :icant:

i think she just needs to lay low and do her thing (which tbh she is already doing) 

she will never get back the goodwill she lost last year but hopefully she can just go back to her little niche and stay there

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

18 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I would like this kind of vibe:

I was listening to Honeymoon today (the title track) and it was like I was listening to a song from Cinderella. Your post made me realize that it was not really Cinderella that I was hearing, but the sound from vintage movies.

And a hundred times yes, something like that would be a dream :flutter:

Spoiler

I don't know why people say that she can't go back to cinematic sounds because she's more mature now. Why would this be a problem? We have plenty of older women at the beginning of the 20th century singing this type of songs. Music has no age

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

if we wanna look at it from that angle, how was it brilliant marketing if the world was almost universally underwhelmed by the album, it’s sliding down the charts, and literally no one but us has even acknowledged it’s existence? 

Chemtrails was a flop no matter how you slice it lol, so what good did a years worth of terrible PR do? 

not to sound snippy with you ofc but I just don’t think that’s the way we wanna look at it bc we will we end up embarrassed lmfaooo

This isn't true at all. There have been tons of magazines with stories about the new album, the album went to number 1 and has sold out in stores near me. The album has stayed in the top 10 albums on Discogs. Just because you haven't looked doesn't mean the attention isnt there. 

1 hour ago, Diamantes WILD said:

i don't think she does -- look at her twitter with the "thank you" post the same day it came out. 

a lot of people have subjective definitions of "successful" and "failure" but she knew in 2019 the album wouldn't have the acclaim NFR got. "I kind of feel bad for his little sister" talking about COCC in comparison to all of the reviews for NFR. she already knew she wouldn't get the same acclaim so i don't think she really cared about it getting praise and that's why she's so quick to move on because it doesn't matter to her so much. a lot of people did give it critical acclaim though so it really wasn't much of a failure as far as what she more than likely expected

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

she will never get back the goodwill she lost last year but hopefully she can just go back to her little niche and stay there

Yes!! Redeeming herself from all that would require a complete change of character, and even tho I have pointed that out + which of her friends could help her do that, I think it's too much to ask of someone, especially if they're 35. 

I don't wanna be that "stay in your lane girl" person, but she thrives in her niche. It's honestly what is best for her, and the place where no one can topple her down.