Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, daddyauerbach said:

i feel like the cover could be iconic formatted the same way with just professional resources ... but nonetheless im actually realllly intrigued to see what comes next

No, but yeah!
Controversial yet brave: if the picture was edited properly, and it could somehow have a concept that reflected the album, I wouldn’t even care abt it being a selfie. If she loves that picture so much, let someone REALLY good edit that shit and it could actually slap tbh 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Wow. Chemtrails era is really over! One of the messiest roll outs with such a short period of time. Still love the album. It’s just a mood album though. 

Okay so maybe RCS is a song name instead then? Like maybe it's a TJF/white hot forever situation where Blue Banisters include the 'rock candy sweet' line

Also who is producing it? I don't think I caught that yet

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Also I think the cover is not that bad. Better the Chemtrails cover at least.

The double quotes are pretty ironic around her face cause media has never taken her seriously. I think she wanted to mock that. i still hope the first pic in the blue shirt with blue banisters written is the actual cover. 

5 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Also I think the cover is not that bad. Better the Chemtrails cover at least.

The double quotes are pretty ironic around her face cause media has never taken her seriously. I think she wanted to mock that. i still hope the first pic in the blue shirt with blue banisters written is the actual cover. 

It literally is better than the Chemtrails cover (the bar is on the ground, though), but you can't say that without being attacked as "delusional"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't think the picture she posted is the album cover to be honest (even though I really don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be). With her last two album cover reveals, we've had a preorder and tracklist to go along with it. She obviously could be doing it differently for this era, but at the end of the day, we really don't know 

imageproxy.jpg

I think I’ve worked out what Blue Banisters actually means. It’s taken from the concept of the "thin blue line". Which refers to how the police are the the ‘thin blue line’ which keeps society from descending into riots, violence  and chaos.  Lana is basically saying she is peering over the ‘blue banisters’ into the chaos, perhaps looking to step out of her comfort zone from which she feels boxed into.  

The album art also represents this ‘boxed in’ concept. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I actually started laughing out loud

Who designed that? Chunk's unborn child? It makes me want to die.

Clementine’s not just a fruit

she’s my new cover artist

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

that picture is ugly and that’s not an opinion that’s a fact. and what makes it ugly is the editing, it’s monstrous, disgusting, and vile. i’m guessing that’s the general consensus, i don’t think anyone would be okay with this picture being the artwork. at least chemtrails had its meaning and expressed the album’s thematics to some extent and what not, but this picture says exactly nothing about the sound/vibe/theme of the album. the only thing that give hints are the title and the release date. both are very americana.

and this is not me being negative, this is me asking for professionalism. lana’s visuals have been part of her success, if it weren’t for her aesthetic, lana wouldn’t be lana and she wouldn’t be where she is today. the first thing a person sees when buying/streaming an album is the artwork, not even the title!! and an artwork HAS to sell, especially in Lana’s case, since her music is extremely intertwined with her visuals.

also considering that mike dean posted the album announcement on his stories i’m guessing he is involved and the album has electronic hip hop influences. so that gives me hope that the damned selfie is not the actual artwork. i mean, a boy can dream right?

2 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I still don't think she's going to release anything. July 4 is a Sunday.

The point is that: it's not just her this time around, there's also Polydor...that''s why I think it'll be real

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't think the picture she posted is the album cover to be honest (even though I really don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be). With her last two album cover reveals, we've had a preorder and tracklist to go along with it. She obviously could be doing it differently for this era, but at the end of the day, we really don't know 

hope that the album cover is revealed with the tracklist :pray2:

Imagine being a professional label like Polydor and having to repost your client's picsart edit on your company's Instagram :scoff: like is that the impression you want to give out?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven