Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I saw one of those prediction/"insider" accounts say to not get too caught up with Lana and that RCS is a single, not an album. I don't believe those sorts of accounts most of time, just thought it was interesting 

they’re very good at pointing out the obvious and ending up being right. 

they don’t know if anything is coming or not, we were told White Dress had no foreseeable delay leading up to Feb 26th and look how that turned out :thumb2:

unless insiders have concrete information (and trust me they’ll let you know) everything they say are predictions that seem like the obvious choice (RCS being a single)

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Nikogo said:

they’re very good at pointing out the obvious and ending up being right. 

they don’t know if anything is coming or not, we were told White Dress had no foreseeable delay leading up to Feb 26th and look how that turned out :thumb2:

unless insiders have concrete information (and trust me they’ll let you know) everything they say are predictions that seem like the obvious choice (RCS being a single)

For me, it's the fact that a lot of the time their "information" is super vague, so no matter what happens, they can still be right :blush3:

I don't think anyone knows anything about this album except for Lana herself and whoever produced it with her - and even that's up in the air 

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think I’ve worked out what Blue Banisters actually means. It’s taken from the concept of the "thin blue line". Which refers to how the police are the the ‘thin blue line’ which keeps society from descending into riots, violence  and chaos.  Lana is basically saying she is peering over the ‘blue banisters’ into the chaos, perhaps looking to step out of her comfort zone from which she feels boxed into.  

The album art also represents this ‘boxed in’ concept. 

not you convicing yourself w that bs :assad:

Staircase in a mansion 100 years old,

The tales it has heard,

The tales it has told,

His love overwhelms,

Like gas from a cannister, 

As I lose my grip, 

On the lovely Blue Banister.

We just wanted a simple update, was that so much to ask for? Something not messy? It would be a dream if polydor kept their posts up or just never posted at all. Echoing her announcement and then immediately deleting all traces of it just makes everything SO MUCH MORE CONFUSING. It felt real for a matter of 30 minutes and now it just feels like another date that will come and go with nothing.  :judgingu4:

I hate that I think this, but the best thing for us to do is to just ignore everything for a while, there is no clarity to be found, and no plan we can uncover. I truly think that if lana wasn’t on a big label she would just drop music regularly with no fanfare or rollout, which I would LOVE, but clearly her label/management want her to have more typical structure in her releases so it just ends up a confusing mess every time. 

This is the most publicity Picsart has gotten in years, Lana is actually being very charitable towards them by subtly promoting the app. Humble queen! 

Spoiler

:bebe:

imageproxy.jpg

Sorry but there are too many great artists releasing this year for me to care for her bs this time around. Especially after CoCC was so lackluster.

The Marías, Marina, Billie, Garbage, Hooverphonic ... no time for her annoying insta-games and twitter rants

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

doesn't she always drop a tracklist and pre order when the album cover is revealed? the more i think about it the more i'm starting to think this isn't actually the album cover., i really don't know anymore im too high to make sense of her decisions, it shocks me that not one single person makes any clarification on anything either, i feel like we moan about the same thing every single era and it's so frustrating and ugly

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

doesn't she always drop a tracklist and pre order when the album cover is revealed? the more i think about it the more i'm starting to think this isn't actually the album cover., i really don't know anymore im too high to make sense of her decisions, it shocks me that not one single person makes any clarification on anything either, i feel like we moan about the same thing every single era and it's so frustrating and ugly

yessss

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Super Movie said:

This is the most publicity Picsart has gotten in years, Lana is actually being very charitable towards them by subtly promoting the app. Humble queen! 

Hide contents

:bebe:

They better give her Premium access for free!