Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Even if it's the case that she doesn't release on July 4th, I'm sure most of us will be pretty much fed, considering that the music industry seems to be waking up again. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Imagine that Rock Candy Sweet and Blue Banisters are two different albums and they're coming out at their respective dates. 

I would actually die, can you imagine ?

Maybe Lana moved it to July because Marina announced her album for the 11th ?

I'm willing to accept that polydor's deletion of the bb announcement was because benji and eddie are finally doing their job and told them to wait for the album cover because the 'professional' graphic designer is still working on it, and that lana loves us so much that she couldn't wait to announce the date and that I'm currently making this up :ohsnap:

lights, camera, acción

2 minutes ago, bluelikeyou said:

I'm willing to accept that polydor's deletion of the bb announcement was because benji and eddie are finally doing their job and told them to wait for the album cover because the 'professional' graphic designer is still working on it, and that lana loves us so much that she couldn't wait to announce the date and that I'm currently making this whole thing up :ohsnap:

#teamdelulu :party:

33 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

We know it's not coming July 4th. Until there is a pre-order link + album trailer available, it's not coming. 

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of which... Take this with a grain of salt, but @diorleak on Twitter did mention something about a single in May when I asked. 

When did you ask them? Did they reveal who their source was or is it just a prediction 

mess, they went private as I was looking 

“don’t wait around for lana” im assuming means that there’s nothing going on behind the scenes :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

i don't expect any artist to serve the same level of visuals for every era but i can't believe the blue bannisters cover is coming from the same woman who released tropico, the ride mv, the cocc video, and many other visual serves...what is going awn here

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

When did you ask them? Did they reveal who their source was or is it just a prediction 

mess, they went private as I was looking 

“don’t wait around for lana” im assuming means that there’s nothing going on behind the scenes :thumb2:

I DM'd. They didn't reveal their source, but today, they said not to get too caught up in Lana. Moreover, they said RCS is merely a single. They're 80% accurate, soooo they stimulate my delusions. 

maybe the album cover is somewhat intentional, maybe her polarizing, experimental, avant garde masterpiece is finally coming :oprah3: the album cover is a little unsettling in a way, but i can honestly see the appeal of it, if it's paired with really strange, yet intricately crafted & beautiful soundscapes, it'd be a very weird contrast, but it'd be a serve? :um2: :oprah3: i can appreciate the early 2000s feel of it, but that's assuming that it's the actual album cover :smile3:

WGe8ynS.gif

4 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

I DM'd. They didn't reveal their source, but today, they said not to get too caught up in Lana. Moreover, they said RCS is merely a single. They're 80% accurate, soooo they stimulate my delusions. 

so it’s over 

imma need Taylor to surprise drop any minute now to rid my mind of this mess 

30 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Imagine that Rock Candy Sweet and Blue Banisters are two different albums and they're coming out at their respective dates. 

Wait why does this actually seem plausible? 

Team Delulu unite! :pussypower: :et:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe the album cover is somewhat intentional, it's a little unsettling, maybe her polarizing, experimental, avant garde masterpiece is finally coming :oprah3:

The way we're still trying :benmawson:

Anyways...Radiohead's my fav band of all time and they have awful cover arts (besides KID A and A Moon Shaped Pool) but an amazing music, so I'm gonna pretend this cover doesn't exist and wait for an art to speak for itself.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

so it’s over 

Let's just pray for good things in May :flop:

7 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

47 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

We know it's not coming July 4th. Until there is a pre-order link + album trailer available, it's not coming. 

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of which... Take this with a grain of salt, but @diorleak on Twitter did mention something about a single in May when I asked. 

NOT DIORLEAK. it’s either you’re 100% reliable or you’re not reliable at all. they’re always saying the obvious so don’t trust them

im so sorry but Blue Banisters is such an awful title it's not fitting for an album at all a song would be fine but in terms of an album title it evokes absolutely nothing, feels oddly mundane, almost sounds cheesy like a title a fake insider would make up ???, and just doesn't give ANYTHING like.... imagine describing something as "the Blue Banisters era"..... no thank u :bebe:

edit: i almost feel like even something like idk Beside The Blue Banisters or something would be better?? lord idk but pls let her change this title.... pls :pray2:

Edited by daphnedinkley

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

NOT DIORLEAK. it’s either you’re 100% reliable or you’re not reliable at all. they’re always saying the obvious so don’t trust them

:eek3: Well, it's over. 

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe the "bodega bae" photoshoot or the pearl photoshoot was for this album's official cover :oopna:

When The Bodega Bae Was Behind Blue Banisters - We Kept Dancing

Wq9zHLl.jpg

12 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

im so sorry but Blue Banisters is such an awful title it's not fitting for an album at all a song would be fine but in terms of an album title it evokes absolutely nothing, feels oddly mundane, almost sounds cheesy like a title a fake insider would make up ???, and just doesn't give ANYTHING like.... imagine describing something as "the Blue Banisters era"..... no thank u :bebe:

edit: i almost feel like even something like idk Beside The Blue Banisters or something would be better?? lord idk but pls let her change this title.... pls :pray2:

I kind of like it.  RCS sounded a little forced to me. You're right it doesn't instantly evoke much.  Let's be patient and remember who we're dealing with.  Chemtrails,  Mariners and Violet were perplexing too. Trust God, trust Lana.