Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

thank god it's a chill folk ballad, a hip hop song or whatever tired uv trash y'all were wishing for would've ruined her career and the metacritic score would've been 40?

:oprah2: :wtf:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Is it confirmed that it's coming tomorrow :raven:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

33 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

i dont want cherry blossom:stareney: i want thunder, Wild one, Living legend and Ittj

wait how about Roses bloom for u

:sadcore: Girl you lost. Listen to BB snippet - Cherry Blossom fits this vibe perfectly. Delulu King won as always. Me and other delulus were right about Yosemite and now same thing with Cherry Blossom AKA top Lana track.

I was even fking right about Yes To Heaven being on COCC after LMLYLAW premiere - Chemtrais samples Yes To Heaven melody 1:1. I knew it was the right mood.

Btw. you guys see Lana's "revange" in a wrong way. Her revange is that she is one of the most powerful songwriters and she's going to prove it now. But by giving us a beautiful album - not some trap hip hop diss shit. Cmon.

Mmeow~

3 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Btw. you guys see Lana's "revange" in a wrong way. Her revange is that she is one of the most powerful songwriters and she's going to prove it but by a beautiful album - not some trap hip hop diss album. Cmon.

:eartha2: but she said she'd challenge some of the aspects she was judged for on Chemtrails and her songwriting on the album doesn't reflect that at all, imo... what, so she was judged for many things and she challenges that by writing about her friends and other folk singers? :toofloppy:

Of course I don't expect Lana to explicitly talk about it, but she's a lyricist genius, she has acknowledged some of the criticism against her in so many smart ways in the past... Something I didn't see on Chemtrails :noparty:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

On 4/27/2021 at 8:16 PM, paradisetropico said:

i bet lana followed madonna in an obligatory way tbh, 

i doubt anything album related but maybe they hung out in the studio with mike dean ?

I really hope so. I do like Madonna but I honestly can’t expect any good collab there, sorry. Madonna could be retired already IMO :pft:

Her revenge is probably making music that reflects her most vulnerable side without giving a damn about how the media may paint her as a fragile woman who sings about abusive relationships

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

So some thoughts here....

First and foremost I have not stopped listening to the snippet. As others have said "atmospheric" is such a great descriptor. It has that magic to me that I had kind of been missing.

While I love/loved Chemtrails I can tell you that I'm already more excited for this release! It just feels different, it hits more. The air feels thicker around it. I am ready!

The whole who produced debate.... Obv Mike Dean is involved but to what extent--whole album or some songs? Wouldn't be surprised if there was some involvement with title track but then again I also wouldn't be surprised if there is none and his involvement is on other tracks. I would absolutely love if Rick made a reappearance. As I've said before Lana and Rick have this really special connection that I just feel like creates and captures that "it" feeling. I'm expecting more than one producer. Most likely Zach and Mike, so excited for Zach. Would not be surprised if Antonoff has some credits as well but it is obv to me he is not largely involved. As for his involvement with BB title track, I'd say if anything it is just the piano chords. There is def another producers hands on this, it is so much fuller and more atmospheric than the regular Lana/Jack piano ballad.

I have a feeling that RCS and possibly dealer will be some of the more "upbeat" tracks on the album.

Love to hear that the song is a good length! It gives it sufficient time to really build up, hit you, and pull you in!

As far as the unreleased, def think Cherry Blossom is a very likely candidate considering its recent tease but can we imagine Wild One, gosh that would be so amazing! This snippet really fits with Color Blue, ITTJ, FC, and YTH but I just love Wild One so much and think it would fit so well.

Okay done with the lengthy post, very excited for us to get more info! Ready to have all these questions answered, even though the speculation is part of the fun!

What about Blue Banisters (allegedly) cover she posted on IG? I know everyone is trashing it, and it’s not a masterpiece for sure, but can I just say I love when she just doesn’t care? I feel she’s always trying not to become too mainstream, hence the general lack of production. Like “I enjoy all this, but at heart I still sing in Brooklyn bars”

1 minute ago, Lilacs said:

What about Blue Banisters (allegedly) cover she posted on IG? I know everyone is trashing it, and it’s not a masterpiece for sure, but can I just say I love when she just doesn’t care? I feel she’s always trying not to become too mainstream, hence the general lack of production. Like “I enjoy all this, but at heart I still sing in Brooklyn bars”

But what could be more mainstream and generic than a badly edited selfie?

2 minutes ago, DLT said:

So some thoughts here....

First and foremost I have not stopped listening to the snippet. As others have said "atmospheric" is such a great descriptor. It has that magic to me that I had kind of been missing.

While I love/loved Chemtrails I can tell you that I'm already more excited for this release! It just feels different, it hits more. The air feels thicker around it. I am ready!

The whole who produced debate.... Obv Mike Dean is involved but to what extent--whole album or some songs? Wouldn't be surprised if there was some involvement with title track but then again I also wouldn't be surprised if there is none and his involvement is on other tracks. I would absolutely love if Rick made a reappearance. As I've said before Lana and Rick have this really special connection that I just feel like creates and captures that "it" feeling. I'm expecting more than one producer. Most likely Zach and Mike, so excited for Zach. Would not be surprised if Antonoff has some credits as well but it is obv to me he is not largely involved. As for his involvement with BB title track, I'd say if anything it is just the piano chords. There is def another producers hands on this, it is so much fuller and more atmospheric than the regular Lana/Jack piano ballad.

I have a feeling that RCS and possibly dealer will be some of the more "upbeat" tracks on the album.

Love to hear that the song is a good length! It gives it sufficient time to really build up, hit you, and pull you in!

As far as the unreleased, def think Cherry Blossom is a very likely candidate considering its recent tease but can we imagine Wild One, gosh that would be so amazing! This snippet really fits with Color Blue, ITTJ, FC, and YTH but I just love Wild One so much and think it would fit so well.

Okay done with the lengthy post, very excited for us to get more info! Ready to have all these questions answered, even though the speculation is part of the fun!

This is what I was waiting for ❤️

i did love Chemtrails, the folk vibe and everything about it, but I just can’t wait to see what she’s bringing with blue banisters. I feel a different vibe, definitely.

Just now, Thunder Corpse said:

But what could be more mainstream and generic than a badly edited selfie?

Def not for pop artists!

1 minute ago, Lilacs said:

This is what I was waiting for ❤️

i did love Chemtrails, the folk vibe and everything about it, but I just can’t wait to see what she’s bringing with blue banisters. I feel a different vibe, definitely.

Def not for pop artists!

"Being different" or "Not caring at all" is not necessarily equal to something being interesting or good though.

1 hour ago, deadlyynightshade said:

An unreleased leaked track as well wow :defeated: Now the main question is,  which one is it?  :raven:

I'm secretly hoping for "us against the world" but that most likely won't happen :bebe: "Cherry blossom" seems possible tho

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

"Being different" or "Not caring at all" is not necessarily equal to something being interesting or good though.

Indeed. But as I said, particularly, I like it because so far it suits her persona(s).

Let’s not pretend the second we seen the cover with the rock candy sweet text we didn’t think it was the cover. We knew almost immediately it was going to be the album cover in some way. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

18 minutes ago, Lilacs said:

If she wants to become less mainstream, she have to ditch Jack. He's one of the most mainstream producers of the market.

How can you say that when a lot of people are saying that he only produces snooze fest? It still mainstream snooze fast. No wonder almost everyone loves it, including the critics. With Norman and COCC Lana snatched a whole new batch of fans.

The possible involvement of Mike Dean in the album just proves that she's not interested in go off the rails. She still wants to snatch a Grammy (that's not wrong with it) and it still caring about what the media is saying about her.

I see her homemade stuff as something that she really likes to do, instead of "she doesn't care"

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

If she wanted to become less mainstream she have to ditch Jack. He's one of the most mainstream producers of the market.

How can you say that when a lot of people are saying that he only produces snooze fest? It still mainstream snooze fast. No wonder almost everyone loves it, including the critics. With Normal an COCC Lana snatched a whole new batch of fans.

The possible involvement of Mike Dean in the album just proves that she's not interested in go off the rails. She still want to snatch a Grammy (that's not wrong with it) and it still caring about what the media is saying about her.

I see her homemade stuff as something that she really likes to do, instead of "she doesn't care"

I agree, I mean “she doesn’t care” about people complaining about it.

And I was mostly referring to lack of production in music videos and covers. Her music production is a whole different thing, I agree with that

Me, before snippet: I want light and summery jams.

Me, after snippet: it’s the sad song I didn’t know I needed :defeated:

I love that we know nothing of this album. We have a lot of speculations, but no certainties. We don’t even know who the producer is, when it was recorded, even the main direction of the album. 

we now know the drill, ladies: 

1- Shazam the damn snippet until it’s recognized; 

2- send nudes to insiders in exchange for tangible info.