Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I am so much more hyped for this album than cocc for some reason. I love cocc to death but her rollouts don't tend to cultivate hype bc she'll tease stuff and then disappear for months. It's just this cycle that makes me feel like I can't/shouldn't get too excited for anything from her bc releases are so unreliable and I never wanna get my hopes up

But something about this has me SO excited?!?! I think because it's so unexpected and such a quick turnaround. Even if it comes out similar to cocc in some ways, the snippet sounds really gorgeous in a very different (almost more regal??) way from cocc.

TL;DR i'm PUMPED

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

When I think about the Blue Banisters snippet, I’m really, really reminded of her unreleased catalogue from 2013. Not only do I think of the Black Beauty demo, Fine China, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom, and Colour Blue sonically, but also lyrically.

I completely agree about Fine China. The snippet shows so much longing in her voice, and her reminiscing about how her lover was to return every May reminds me so much of “On the same day my husband to be/Packed his things to run.”

Mentions of blue banisters and weather vanes reminds me of that domestic tangibility in Fine China when she evokes imagery of fresh linen and dresses. Super excited!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

if we think of blue bannisters in terms of first single, i think this album is off to a really good start. lana always puts out some sort of ballad first (video games, honeymoon, hope, lmlylaw) but that doesn’t really define the sound of the album. the only thing that kinda bothers me is that blue bannisters is the title track, i know it’s gonna be really good but idk if it’s gonna be title track worthy so i guess we’ll wait and see. really wish she kept rock candy sweet as the album name though :noparty:

she really does, but she also usually puts out what her favorite song from the album is first. which always tend to be ballads. which really frustrates me when fans bash on her ballads and quiet songs because it's clearly what SHE has always wanted to make. big production or not, her lyrics are untouchable by almost any artist in our generation. 

faSE.gif

Are we still positive the album is called Blue Banisters? Maybe the album is still RCS, she was announcing BB, and also letting us know the album was delayed? 

I can’t see RCS being the first single June 1st seeing as how she’s already teasing BB

I’m doing mental gymnastics :toofloppy:

"Don’t forget me"

I know it’s ridiculously early & that I’m making conclusions with little info, but here are my predictions:

Blue Banisters: As user @lanadelrey mentioned, I’m really anticipating this to be a Fine-China-esque track: chock-full of longing, a defined storyline, and really tangible, personal imagery. Alternatively, if it turns out that BB is actually a proclamation of love and gratitude for everything her lover did, it may be one of the most endearing love songs she’s released. 

Rock Candy Sweet: I’m getting Radio meets Money Power Glory vibes. She announced the track in the same breath as saying she wants revenge, so I’m expecting a very sarcastic and surrendered stance at her critics and the fame she’s acquired. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a line like, “Now my life is rock candy sweet/It’s everything they wanted it to be.”

I’m excited to see what everyone else thinks!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Rock Candy Sweet is gonna be track 1, and im getting Tulsa Jesus Freak vibes :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay so since there’s a lot of confusion about the album title and release date being changed, here’s what I think is the most logical thing that happened;

1. Rock Candy Sweet was the title that “summed up 18 months of [her] life” and was initially the album title, for release on June 1st. 

2. The Blue Banisters video was already recorded on November 24, 2020, so it was likely always a defining song for her eighth album. 

3. Somewhere between March 20th and April 10th, she changed her mind about what the title track should be and probably thought the sentiments of Blue Banisters best represented the journey of this album. It was also likely the title that came out of “having a close circle of country music friends”, so she was probably already bouncing between RCS and BB. 

4. Perhaps due to the change of title, production for physicals only commenced once she decided it was going to be called Blue Banisters for sure  (which was probably early April, since she posted the title first on April 10th).

5. 90 days from early April would be early July, namely July 4th, the new release date. 

12 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Are we still positive the album is called Blue Banisters? Maybe the album is still RCS, she was announcing BB, and also letting us know the album was delayed? 

I can’t see RCS being the first single June 1st seeing as how she’s already teasing BB

no no u could be rite, this could just b a single 

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Rock Candy Sweet is gonna be track 1, and im getting Tulsa Jesus Freak vibes :trisha:

I still get Christina Aguilera Candyman vibes . . . :delicious:

UV/Honeymoon

19 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

What if RCS is the second single? No idea for sure tho, this is making me confused lol

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I find it weird that the "insiders" said "there may be an unreleased track". I mean if they knew they knew if it was an unreleased track or not. I don't believe a thing. If they knew I Don't Wanna Go they must recognise other unreleased songs. The only thing that makes sense is the lenght because eclipse gets his info from YouTube uploads.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

BB featuring Fine China, Roses Bloom For You, I Don’t Wanna Go, Thunder, I Talk to Jesus, Wild on You, Yes to Heaven and Dealer 

:trisha:

girl that's like half the album we already heard

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I find it weird that the "insiders" said "there may be an unreleased track". I mean if they knew they knew if it was an unreleased track or not. I don't believe a thing. If they knew I Don't Wanna Go they must recognise other unreleased songs. The only thing that makes sense is the lenght because eclipse gets his info from YouTube uploads.

I think he just means that it may appear on the album and as of now it is, but nothing is confirmed obviously until she announces it

eclipse took the Info from BOZ probably  :rip: I’m pretty sure that YouTube loophole was fixed long ago, stuff doesn’t leak through there anymore 

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

i mean, im pretty sure he get's it somewhere else not just youtube, but i don't think anyone has the full album, they've probably only got a few songs.. if that