Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

"I’m writing my own story. And no one can tell it but me"

something about this sentence hits hard, she does want revenge and I can't wait for the execution :die:

lights, camera, acción

56 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

it’s clearly Jack…I can’t see why she’d get a new producer for the same type of production. 

yes obviously jack from what we’ve heard but there’s a possibility there could be other producers, almost every song on NFR was touched by jack but rick, zach dawes and andrew watt had contributions too 

theres a huge possibility mike dean worked on blue banisters so i just want confirmation 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

Imagine a big plot twist in the BB MV like what if Clay pushes her over the blue banisters or down the stairs at the end :thumb3:

honestly i am ready for lana's whatever happened to baby jane phase

aOaIzH2.gif

so if lana is gonna do a country album she needs to call up emile haynie and do another wait for life but an album full of those. like do it if you're gonna do it, but do it right. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, SweetHenny said:

Is it just me or COCC "era" feels like a fever dream that never happened and Blue Banisters now feels like some weird stand alone kinda thing that is happening right after NFR? Just me? :biblio:

it feels like one boring shapeless era since 2018:sideeye:

9 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Is it just me or COCC "era" feels like a fever dream that never happened and Blue Banisters now feels like some weird stand alone kinda thing that is happening right after NFR? Just me? :biblio:

Not just you. It was definitely hard to like, conceptualize it as a project and an era. She kept talking about all of her future plans and all of the different projects she was working on throughout it, and it feels like she didn't really give it much solo attention if that makes sense. None of her recent album rollouts have been... ideal, but cocc in particular felt really nebulous and hard to pin down conceptually.

I'm hoping she'll have more of a cohesive sort of thing going on for BB. For example the picsart thing is definitely weird as hell but at least it's consistent so far LMAO

giphy.gif

Blue Banisters album cover and vinyl concept. Tried to go for a classic feel with this one and edited a photo of her by the stairs from Complex 2017 to match her look in the teaser. Hope you like it :) 

Can’t wait to see the actual album cover (assuming we haven’t already seen it :oopna:)

Processed-with-VSCO-with-nc-preset.jpg

ABC80424-C7-AC-466-A-9272-D1-E63-E25-B16

It's December 2021, Lipsters are on their 8th in a year Lana album announcement in a row. Blue Banisters single is said to be coming SOON, the covers for albums 2-6 are made in PicsArt, the covers for albums 7-8 are shot by Chuck's newborn baby, the pre-order is up only for the long-anticipated American Standards & Classics album coming December 31. All of the albums are produced by Jack with piano only production

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Blue Banisters album cover and vinyl concept. Tried to go for a classic feel with this one and edited a photo of her by the stairs from Complex 2017 to match her look in the teaser. Hope you like it :) 

Can’t wait to see the actual album cover (assuming we haven’t already seen it :oopna:)

Processed-with-VSCO-with-nc-preset.jpg

ABC80424-C7-AC-466-A-9272-D1-E63-E25-B16

Amazing!!! Soo classy I love it :wub:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Thank you so much!! So happy to see you around again btw :wub:

Me too! I've been trying to take a little break but I missed it here and now that we're officially in pre-release I'm sure I'll be really active again LOL 

23 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

No

Spoiler

I actually really like COCC :ohmy:

1 hour ago, cru3lworld said:

Joni's presence was very up front in COCC. ie. white dress, down at the men in music business conference, the style she sings it in is very folk and reminiscent of Joni's vocals and writing. there's also the joni cover on it. she's still very inspired by 60's/ 70's but a different genre. it's more laurel canyon, desert folk kind of stuff. she was also hanging out with joan baez while she made this album  who is another icon and influence from the 60's. i would also argue that some of her influences lately are a bit outlaw country, a lot of people freak out when lana says country but i think of it more along the lines of june carter, patsy cline kind of stuff. 

I know everyone hates For Free but it was literally so lovely to see Joni's influence!! I would love a Carey-esque, upbeat song from Lana w the cute background vocals. She fkn loves covers and isn't afraid to cover the same people frequently (cc: nina simone) so it's not out of the question that we'd get more 60s/70s covers, especially if she's still in that phase

Even thinking about something like Season of the Witch! I'd be okay w/ some filler song that's a cover of a classic

giphy.gif

I am once again manifesting a Mazzy Star influence :pussypower:

imageproxy.jpg