Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, caughtuboy said:

speaking of target exclusives I secretly really miss target-exclusive tracks... like I know they suck as a concept but something about them being so inaccessible made me love them more. I still have such an attachment to Flipside and Is This Happiness :crying2:

You just had to go so far out of your way for them that they felt like fan-exclusive songs. Secretly hoping we get one on BB

flipside being an EXCLUSIVE JAPANESE TRACK was the dumbest thing she ever done

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

3 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

but it doesnt make sense shes been complaining about how she cant finish cocc because hes away and suddenly they have a new song together?? if they had a chance to record new music then why didnt they finish cocc

I feel that Jack still on production but the difference is: maybe it's not the ONLY producer, some songs that didn't make to the cut of cocc (maybe time or creative direction) 

3 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

petition to ban candle in the wind in her lyrics

Cruel World 2.0 burn the Red Party Dress. The candle blown out in the wind to start a fire!

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Just listened to the snippet again and finally remembered what it reminded me of: Some Things Last A Long Time 

That sort of thing would be a perfect compromise/bridge between the folk-ness of COCC and the more 'produced' feel of previous eras. I wouldn't be mad at there being a slightly more pared down vibe if it came in the vibe of the unreleased version of 'Yayo'. Also, thinking of how 'Wait For Life' managed to combine a country guitar opening, with piano and then swelled to a dreamy hazy vibe that isn't too far away from 'White Dress', it could be a similar format that allows for both fragility and big production vibes, with country guitar AND still echoing the piano present in 'NFR' & 'COCC'. Those three songs in my mind would be a great template on which to project a similar vibe for 'BB' that would fit nicely along that snippet we heard recently. Even 'Fine China' type stuff would be a nice sound that isn't too far from what we've had from previous 2 albums, keeping a country-esque feel while being more dramatic and 'twinkly' than what some of us are afraid we're going to get.

So yeah, I'm manifesting THIS vibe.

Just now, Miss Doing Nothing said:

Cruel World 2.0 burn the Red Party Dress. The candle blown out in the wind to start a fire!

this would be a dream coming true

21 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

i know this is absolutely irrational but i still hate the title so much that its putting me off the song and album :deadbanana: i know its ridiculous and irrational and so stupid of me! but blue banisters is such a terrible, weird, clunky, meaningless piece of imagery to stick to in my opinion... i understand it might mean something to her (i really do believe she probably wanted to paint her banisters irl and her boyfriend at the time said he'd help, like i believe that's a real life story lmao) but that doesn't necessarily mean it translates well to an audience. i know its silly of me, but its really bugging me!

tbh i might change it to RCS and change the album artwork... MAYBE.

i said at the beginning of the cocc leak that i was going to add it into my NFR album as a disc two on iTunes but never did lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

although i do prefer "rock candy sweet" i also like "blue banisters" i think it's cute, and i like the alliteration :flutter: 

I love Blue Banisters as a song title, but not sure how « strong » it is as an album title. It sure is very « singer songwriter ». Rock Candy Sweet was cute , but a bit too much on the nose as an album title, like White Hot Forever or Honeymoon. 

tbh idk if bb is a piano song or slowed, the thing is, she made a production on piano that created a different vibe, like the heavy reverb is beautiful, THAT IS WHAT I WANT, if she kept diversificated instruments and tempos, could be easily a brilliant album with this atmospheric dreamy vibe just like honeymoon but with more mature lyrics

1 minute ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i said at the beginning of the cocc leak that i was going to add it into my NFR album as a disc two on iTunes but never did lol

i may do the same if the vibe fits, i hate it so much :toofloppy:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 minute ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i will always say: if she had released cocc as norman fucking rockwell : ranch edition it would be far better received 

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

tbh idk if bb is a piano song or slowed, the thing is, she made a production on piano that created a different vibe, like the heavy reverb is beautiful, THAT IS WHAT I WANT, if she kept diversificated instruments and tempos, could be easily a brilliant album with this atmospheric dreamy vibe just like honeymoon but with more mature lyrics

yes!!! im totally fine with piano and ballads as long as they have a really strong vibe!! there are so many ways to add detail and richness to a piano track. like Bel Air, Video Games, that kind of thing :flutter: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

4 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

yes!!! im totally fine with piano and ballads as long as they have a really strong vibe!! there are so many ways to add detail and richness to a piano track. like Bel Air, Video Games, that kind of thing :flutter: 

eclipse said thats is very simple song like ''i don't wanna go'', it wouldn't bother me. As long in the body work make sense, it will be fine.

Spoiler

since he said this song specifically and we have the snippet, i'm feeling so much honeymoon atmospherical vibes on this record

So do we think this is coming out relatively soon, since people have the track?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

I think that it will be leaked and their management gonna hurry up to release, maybe early-mid may

3 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

eclipse said thats is very simple song like ''i don't wanna go'', it wouldn't bother me. As long in the body work make sense, it will be fine.

Hide contents

since he said this song specifically and we have the snippet, i'm feeling so much honeymoon atmospherical vibes on this record

I Don't Wanna Go is one of my favourite songs, it's so atmospheric and dreamy :flutter: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

BOZ so far is the only person who has the song (that we know of). eclipse just posted the track length and im pretty sure boz was the one to post it first. my hopes are next week but most likely mid-may

1 minute ago, daphnedinkley said:

I Don't Wanna Go is one of my favourite songs, it's so atmospheric and dreamy :flutter: 

yesssssss thats why i loved so much the piano on bb it reminded me this dreamy vibes. White dress give the same mood as the snippet, something that's is happy but old and kinda sad, but white dress relies on faded guitars something that feels more bland, but BB choses the heavy reverb to give a loud and smooth atmosphere, its like you can feel depth sonically.