Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

You know what? I wouldn't mind hearing some broadway/musical stuff from Lana. Something along the lines of Annie, Guys and Dolls and Moulin Rouge.

Also some Gershwin/Great American songbook stuff too like Over the Rainbow, Ol' Man River, My Favourite Things, You're the Cream in my Coffee etc - I mean Lana did so well with Summertime and Big Spender. I'd love for her to explore some more blues and jazz since her voice fits it perfectly :flutter:

What I love about old jazz is that there's this romantic grandeur about the sound of the orchestra playing together, and having a voice like Lana's over the top would be so beautiful. I can't stop thinking about all the possibilities if Lana switched up the genre from folk.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

16 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Byron posted on IG that he’s holding female band auditions for a “multi platinum artist” ? are we thinking ladies???

tslp act 2 the re up reloaded

ejkOXas.gif

I think she just read a fancy medieval book which mentioned Banisters. And then she thought Oowowowowowo I can make this my title .

Cause that's what she does. Gets inspired by the books she reads. 

On another note ,  I hope we get 15+ songs atleast. Chem was too short. Bodega bae shoot was most definitely for BB/RCS. Her caption was "waiting for birds to attack" and stuff. 

I expect the record to be angrier and more vs critics and the GP perception. BB seems to be a song made early. 

She said only tinges of her anger will be felt in Chem.

And in the interview she said the past 18 months of her life was summed up into an album. She also said during 2019 her next record would be of breakup ballads and sad girl shit. I didnt find that in COCC.

6 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I think she just read a fancy medieval book which mentioned Banisters. And then she thought Oowowowowowo I can make this my title .

On another note ,  I hope we get 15+ songs atleast. Chem was too short. Bodega bae shoot was most definitely for BB/RCS. Her caption was "waiting for birds to attack" and stuff. 

I expect the record to be angrier and more vs critics and the GP perception. BB seems to be a song made early. 

And in the interview she said the past 18 months of her life was summed up into an album. She also said during 2019 her next record would be of breakup ballads and sad girl shit. I didnt find that in COCC.

She should have read more books to find a better title..

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Which is awesome.

49 minutes ago, Distantly said:

Byron posted on IG that he’s holding female band auditions for a “multi platinum artist” ? are we thinking ladies???

not a thought was thunk luv 

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not a thought was thunk luv 

"Thunk" sorry this sent me:godlaugh2:

Anyways, I doubt Lana's even thinking about touring. 

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

flowers in the attic sounds like a lana title 

I like how the concept of the book and movie is like being stuck in quarantine. That would be pretty fitting 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

55 minutes ago, Distantly said:

probably for Alicia Keys, he plays with her too :oprah3: it's over

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I like how the concept of the book and movie is like being stuck in quarantine. That would be pretty fitting 

i know and i read it a month before we went into lockdown :toofunny: it really is such a lovely book, probably my favorite 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

5 hours ago, saith said:

Well actually she looks just like she does in the the Let Me Love You Like A Woman performance on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".

Someone mentioned how she's not lipsyncing in the Blue Bannister video and that it might be reused footage. What if there was an original LMLYLAW that for some reason she ditched in profit of the homemade one. She might then have reused the footage from the abandoned video (like she kept those were she sings for Jimmy fallon, and the other ones for Blue Bannister). We all know that the performance is not a performance. She's lipsyncing and that's something that she doesn't usually do.

That would definitely make sense. Even though I love those footage more than what we got in the official LMLYLAW video, I think the vibe is too dark for the song. Seing the result of the original video, she might have decided that she needed something lighter that included her sisters rather than a tragic love story. LMLYLAW does implies a possible separation, but that's definitely not the point of the song, it's more about the freedom of moving on to a new place, and enjoying a relationship while it lasts. 

EDIT : There's one flaw in my theory. She's blonde in the official LMLYLAW so it might be anterior to those footages. But we never know, maybe she shot this before quarantine when her hair was dark. Or maybe those homemade footages where made for fun before the official video but she still choose to keep it because she wasn't satisfied by the professional ones she made afterwards. 

The way this is probably true I can't  :deadbanana: who sends unused footage to a talk show for them to disguise it as a "live performance" I'm --- :deadbanana: However I think this was a sound decision, definitely doesnt fit with LMLYLAW, but looks great with BB so far.

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

Remember in the last live interview how she was talking about getting her chimney fixed. With the several houses she has (4, I think?), she's probably quite into moldings, bannisters, chimneys, wainscotting, redoing hard wood floors, etc., to say nothing of the grounds, at this point in her life. 'Banister' (or 'bannister') is a common word for anyone whose home has staircases or at least a second floor, even a basement. 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Remember in the last live interview how she was talking about getting her chimney fixed. With the several houses she has (4, I think?), she's probably quite into moldings, bannisters, chimneys, wainscotting, redoing hard wood floors, etc., to say nothing of the grounds, at this point in her life. 'Banister' (or 'bannister') is a common word for anyone whose home has staircases or at least a second floor, even a basement. 

How boring 

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

How boring 

Boring for us, maybe, but some people, especially wealthy people, bury their whole lives in their homes, though LDR is not a typical wealthy American. Did you ever see 'War of the Roses'? 

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

You know what? I wouldn't mind hearing some broadway/musical stuff from Lana. Something along the lines of Annie, Guys and Dolls and Moulin Rouge.

Also some Gershwin/Great American songbook stuff too like Over the Rainbow, Ol' Man River, My Favourite Things, You're the Cream in my Coffee etc - I mean Lana did so well with Summertime and Big Spender. I'd love for her to explore some more blues and jazz since her voice fits it perfectly :flutter:

What I love about old jazz is that there's this romantic grandeur about the sound of the orchestra playing together, and having a voice like Lana's over the top would be so beautiful. I can't stop thinking about all the possibilities if Lana switched up the genre from folk.

OMG! YESSSS

I would love to hear more musical covers from her. Somewhere Over the Rainbow is a track that I have been waiting for ages for her to cover (it's never going to happen, but a girl can dream).

I also would love to hear bigger/jazzy sounds like Bring On The Man, Stuff Like That There, Hit Me With a Hot Note, Roxy, I'm a Woman, Fever, I'm a Brass Band, I'd Rather Be Blue Over You...