Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

THEORY INCOMING (bear with me) - 

Okay so I went back and read the Music Week issue and I remember either Ben or Ed said “she has two albums in mind, I think” and proceeded to talk about “the plan” that they’ve been trying to do for years, which they finally think they can pull off. 

Now, I don’t want to sound delusional but I don’t necessarily know anymore if the “two albums in mind” were the album that would follow Chemtrails and the cover album. 

The reason I think this is because:

1. There are 2 cover albums confirmed to be in existence - one of American standards and classic folk songs, and another of pure country songs. Yes, she may have merged the two, but at the time of this interview, they were distinguished as two separate cover albums. So it can’t be LDR 8 PLUS only one cover album.

2. She never archived the post on IG about Rock Candy Sweet. Surely, she has archived posts before, namely snippets and the initial April 2020 announcements for Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. So if the album truly was retitled, then wouldn’t she just delete the RCS post in place of BB?

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

- Rock Candy Sweet, which will be the album that challenges her place in the music industry, the crazy year she’s had in the public eye, and accusations of glamourizing domestic abuse and cultural appropriation.

- Blue Banisters, which will be the album that takes stock of her life in between being a famous person and discusses personal developments, tells her own story, etc. 

3. On November 17, she said she was working on two albums in a tweet. Chemtrails was already done at that point, so it could’ve been RCS and BB or BB/RCS (if they are the same album) and the cover album, but we’ll see. 

Now, I know I said all this but I’m not entirely sold on it :rip: but I just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone who wants to add in their two cents. I’m leaning way more towards Blue Banisters being a retitled-Rock Candy Sweet.

I really like this theory! And I really want to believe its true haha especially because I honestly feel like when she was talking about RCS in her Instagram story, it kind of felt more like an album than just a song

Like she said she wants revenge :fabcat:and I don't think just one song would do it tbh, especially when she's been feeling this way for a long time!

Not to mention that there's a lot of things she wants to challenge, and I think she would go about it in a similar way to UV like with FMWUTTT, Brooklyn Baby (they judge me like a picture book), Sad Girl (watch what you say to me), etc. 

And also, after hearing the Blue Banisters snippet, it doesn't really seem like a "revenge" type of song, which makes me think the album isn't going to have that type of vibe either

Unless of course her revenge is making an album so beautiful the critics have no choice but to love it haha (but honestly she kind of did that with NFR)

I'm also very curious about this idea she's had that she's wanted to do for a while (and now would be able to do)...that doesn't make me think of a cover album, but something bigger than that, because she's tried to do cover albums before

Honestly, I feel like it could be a band or something like that (but hopefully not for country music :rip:)

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

i’ll stick to the woman can’t release ONE album in 2 years without delaying it 4 times i don’t see her release THREE in a 3 month period :biblio:

Agreed! I’ll wait for the preorder of BB to believe anything 100%

Lana stans still think this is going to be a folk/country???:teehee: lol she’s over that phase. she was done with cocc since last June. She said before she “doesnt like to do the same shit over and over”. I mean come on remember the transition from UV to HM or LFL to NFR.

i have no doubt there won’t be any folk or country songs, especially with Mike Dean on?? That man is insane, he loves his  synths and beats and With blake and his majestic guitar teaming up with him imagine what we could get.

16 minutes ago, Safiresyrup said:

Lana stans still think this is going to be a folk/country???:teehee: lol she’s over that phase. she was done with cocc since last June. She said before she “doesnt like to do the same shit over and over”. I mean come on remember the transition from UV to HM or LFL to NFR.

i have no doubt there won’t be any folk or country songs, especially with Mike Dean on?? That man is insane, he loves his  synths and beats and With blake and his majestic guitar teaming up with him imagine what we could get.

Well I mean she said she was doing an album with Nikki Lane so that would indeed be folk/country lol

I think this album will have a more ambient and instrumentally-rich sound compared to the last two records.

NFR and COTCC were meant to be these very organic, stripped-back and casual-sounding albums and I love them!

But I remember Lana said in interviews this year that she “really wanted more from Jack and [herself] in the last 7 months” (which would have been June 2020-January 2021 at the time) and encouraged Jack to “go wilder with the production”.

Obviously, I wouldn’t characterize the production on COTCC as “wild” - it’s quite light, delicate, whimsical, airy, beautiful, etc. - so I really think this album will still be in that vein of using real instruments, but probably with a fuller band sound. 

The BB snippet also sounds very full and multi-layered without sounding artificial or over-produced (which she never sounds anyways). Lana even said her and Jack didn’t end up fully-producing anything on NFR and COTCC was described by Jack as an even further breakdown sonically, so I am expecting a slightly different approach this time around. Excited! She always delivers so this is going to be so good. 

I think BB'll be a lot more ambient than WD even. in fact i'm hoping that it will be. I do think Jack'll be able to do that well. 

i've no other expectations atm. cocc just came out n i'm more than happy enjoying it more while we wait. 

i do think another update wouldnt hurt tho 200w_d.giftenor.gif

edit: ty to whoever shrunk the gif, idk why they're so large n I don't wanna rezise n imgur ALL of them 

UV/Honeymoon

34 minutes ago, Safiresyrup said:

The only same shit she's done over again is COCC, which is basically what Paradise is to Born to Die, hoping this statement is true for Blue Banisters

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Okay so I went back and read the Music Week issue and I remember either Ben or Ed said “she has two albums in mind, I think” and proceeded to talk about “the plan” that they’ve been trying to do for years, which they finally think they can pull off. 

Now, I don’t want to sound delusional but I don’t necessarily know anymore if the “two albums in mind” were the album that would follow Chemtrails and the cover album. 

1. There are 2 cover albums confirmed to be in existence - one of American standards and classic folk songs, and another of pure country songs. Yes, she may have merged the two, but at the time of this interview, they were distinguished as two separate cover albums. So it can’t be LDR 8 PLUS only one cover album.

2. She never archived the post on IG about Rock Candy Sweet. Surely, she has archived posts before, namely snippets and the initial April 2020 announcements for Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. So if the album truly was retitled, then wouldn’t she just delete the RCS post in place of BB?

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

- Rock Candy Sweet, which will be the album that challenges her place in the music industry, the crazy year she’s had in the public eye, and accusations of glamourizing domestic abuse and cultural appropriation.

- Blue Banisters, which will be the album that takes stock of her life in between being a famous person and discusses personal developments, tells her own story, etc. 

3. On November 17, she said she was working on two albums in a tweet. Chemtrails was already done at that point, so it could’ve been RCS and BB or BB/RCS (if they are the same album) and the cover album, but we’ll see. 

Now, I know I said all this but I’m not entirely sold on it :rip: but I just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone who wants to add in their two cents. I’m leaning way more towards Blue Banisters being a retitled-Rock Candy Sweet.

GO OFF!!!!!!!!! 

faSE.gif

I honestly can’t imagine RCS being on the same album as BB UNLESS RCS sounds more like dark but just a game. 

the theme she’s suggested of RCS is opposite of blue bannister unless it’s her conceptual representation of clap back. 

there’s still the cover classics album somewhere, that exists 100%. There’s a separate album she’s making or made with Nikki Lane. And then there’s BB/ RCS. There’s THREE albums in existence right now y’all. This is fax. 

faSE.gif

50 minutes ago, Safiresyrup said:

:teehee:

Capture.jpg

Maybe RCS only consists of unreleased songs, therefore the Cherry Blossom post, while BB only has new songs. It would make a release in the next months more realistic: Maybe she was working on RCS since she mentioned it in the LFL era*. Could also be the reason why Thunder is being taken down everywhere but other songs aren‘t :w8ing:

edit: * And Ben was referring to that when he said „we are finally able to pull it off“

I think it’s really hard to say “RCS doesn’t belong on BB!” When we haven’t heard RCS and have heard 30 seconds of BB

Cinnamon Girl and HIADT don’t seem like they’d belong on the same album 

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

Omg I love this theory soo much. She also said right after NFR that she'd love to surprise release an album, so imagine if the surprise was that there are TWO. We would all collapse and never recover LOL

I won't get my hopes up because this is definitely unlikely, but the evidence does make sense and it would truly be an iconic move from an iconic artist.

The Rock Candy Sweet is a total mess. I don’t know what was the point of announcing that when she had Blue Banisters in mind from the beginning. I mean, she recorded the video of the lead single months ago.

Anyway, I guess the album pre-order is coming when the single is released (based on NFR and COCC rollout). Things will be crystal clear by then.

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

But if this is true/accurate, then wouldn't that make 3-4 albums? BB and RCS, plus the two cover albums, the folk/Americana classics being one and the other being country covers? 

Or could the cover albums all have been merged into one, perhaps a double album of folk/Americana/country covers? 

Which would make 2 albums of new material by LDR and 1 of covers. 

Isn't that rather a lot in a year in which she already released COCC? 

4 hours ago, gsnlp said:

CAN SOMEBODY BE DELUSIONAL WITH ME?

Don't worry..the whole team delulu has your back :wave2:

Pre order & a single next week ..yes :understand:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: