Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

THEORY INCOMING (bear with me) - 

Okay so I went back and read the Music Week issue and I remember either Ben or Ed said “she has two albums in mind, I think” and proceeded to talk about “the plan” that they’ve been trying to do for years, which they finally think they can pull off. 

Now, I don’t want to sound delusional but I don’t necessarily know anymore if the “two albums in mind” were the album that would follow Chemtrails and the cover album. 

The reason I think this is because:

1. There are 2 cover albums confirmed to be in existence - one of American standards and classic folk songs, and another of pure country songs. Yes, she may have merged the two, but at the time of this interview, they were distinguished as two separate cover albums. So it can’t be LDR 8 PLUS only one cover album.

2. She never archived the post on IG about Rock Candy Sweet. Surely, she has archived posts before, namely snippets and the initial April 2020 announcements for Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. So if the album truly was retitled, then wouldn’t she just delete the RCS post in place of BB?

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

- Rock Candy Sweet, which will be the album that challenges her place in the music industry, the crazy year she’s had in the public eye, and accusations of glamourizing domestic abuse and cultural appropriation.

- Blue Banisters, which will be the album that takes stock of her life in between being a famous person and discusses personal developments, tells her own story, etc. 

3. On November 17, she said she was working on two albums in a tweet. Chemtrails was already done at that point, so it could’ve been RCS and BB or BB/RCS (if they are the same album) and the cover album, but we’ll see. 

Now, I know I said all this but I’m not entirely sold on it :rip: but I just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone who wants to add in their two cents. I’m leaning way more towards Blue Banisters being a retitled-Rock Candy Sweet.

Girl you are a genius :oprah: your mind is  amazing!!!

Rock Candy Sweet June 1st

Blue Banisters July 4th 

This would be so powerful that the pandemic would suddenly end :krylie::trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

not yall thinking that rcs and bb are two different albums :bebe: im sorry yall but i wouldnt believe in that. blue banisters first, then poetry book, and then country album with Nikki. at least thats how i see it. :gurl:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Maybe RCS only consists of unreleased songs, therefore the Cherry Blossom post, while BB only has new songs. It would make a release in the next months more realistic: Maybe she was working on RCS since she mentioned it in the LFL era*. Could also be the reason why Thunder is being taken down everywhere but other songs aren‘t :w8ing:

edit: * And Ben was referring to that when he said „we are finally able to pull it off“

I fucking wish

She should really get on that - seeing as some of her unreleased songs are insanely popular. She thought about it before so why not? Like Queen of Disaster got attention on tiktok (and I think meet me in the pale moonlight did a little bit as well? idk) and Serial Killer has always been popular... Could make so much $$$ off of it

that post may have been an announcement for BB as a single, with the album RCS being out in July :oprah3:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I have so many questions. Was RCS just a single when she said "record"? Why did she announce (just) a single that much in advance?  If she filmed the BB MV in November why would she change the album title now? When she announced RCS she already had BB MV filmed so maybe it's just her favourite song from the album and it was a last minute change.

giphy.gif

Wait a minute...

If she announced BB (the actual album title) then that means the vinyls must already be processed and finished right? And it takes about 3 months for them to be made?

Lana announced RCS title only a MONTH ago so how could she have changed the vinyl processing that quickly just for a title change?

Am I making sense? 

THE MATH AIN'T MATHING. WE'RE GETTING 2 ALBOOMS!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Wait a minute...

If she announced BB (the actual album title) then that means the vinyls must already be processed and finished right? And it takes about 3 months for them to be made?

Lana announced RCS title only a MONTH ago so how could she have changed the vinyl processing that quickly just for a title change?

Am I making sense? 

watch rock candy sweet being a promo single for bb

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, GrenadineGrass said:

watch rock candy sweet being a promo single for bb

Un-manifest this bestie :tommy:

guys I don't to ruin this but, if rcs was an album why would the girl who made the styled font for the ''cover'' of rock candy sweet deleted her post saying that was an album?? (because this was the only post that we had claiming that it was an album, lana's post is a just name and date)

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Un-manifest this bestie :tommy:

i wish I could

tenor.gif?itemid=5030504

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

You guys, Lana did refer RCS as a record on her IG story when she was coming for those critics  :trisha: remember?

ok bit of a random theory but I was rewatching the blue bannisters snippet and I know some people were speculating it was filmed for something else since she isn’t lip syncing the song at all and I’m getting major wild at heart vibes. 

I feel like the imagery matches that song perfectly, especially with her and clay being all cute - also the J reminded me of the line “you’re killing me joe”

+ the idea of wild at heart being a single choice/mv contender would make sense given all the merch for that song

17 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I had a vision :pray2:

A vision of two albums this summer :dance:

RCS and Blue Banisters :thirst:

It’s time for us to feed :candy:

Not to give but to receive :kiss:

Two new records :rock:

this is poetry tenor.gif?itemid=5030504

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

21 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Wait a minute...

Am I making sense? 

I'm not sure it takes 3 months for Blue Banisters to be pressed. I think that only was the case for Chemtrails because of Covid back then, now the vinyl plant probably has adapted to the situation. In 2017, Lust for Life was changed as late as June 8 and the vinyls were released on July 21. Plus RCS was announced a month and a half ago now, Blue Banisters - the song - 20 days ago, which means the album was probably renamed already in early April. I'm almost certain there aren't two albums unfortunately :(

1 minute ago, Future Jazz said:

I'm not sure it takes 3 months for Blue Banisters to be pressed. I think that only was the case for Chemtrails because of Covid back then. Lust for Life was changed as late as June 8 and the vinyls were released on July 21. Plus RCS was announced a month and a half ago now, Blue Banisters - the song - 20 days ago, which means the album was probably renamed already in early April. I'm almost certain there aren't two albums unfortunately :(

Wow we keep losing

tenor.gif?itemid=13443870

22 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Wait a minute...

Am I making sense? 

orrr Lana is not sure about some of the songs and didnt even send the album to pressing yet and we will get it next year like cocc:eartha:

28 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Wait a minute...

Am I making sense? 

she announced Chemtrails in May and didn’t send it to be pressed until November 

we don’t even know if she submitted the album yet :thumb2:

the fact we have a video for the lead single is promising though 

I also don’t know how it works but I feel like she could theoretically change the album title while it’s being pressed, I think the sleeves and inserts aren’t the time consuming part but I could be wrong 

"Don’t forget me"

I think Rock Candy Sweet, similarly to Tulsa Jesus Freak aka White Hot Forever, just didn't serve that title track energy that was needed. :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.