Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

You guys, Lana did refer RCS as a record on her IG story when she was coming for those critics  :trisha: remember?

A record that could have been renamed to Blue Banisters, with RCS being a track on it, I think. 

29 minutes ago, bougainvillea said:

2021, the year that will have seen the release of three Lana Del Rey albums, all receiving a score of 80 or above on Metacritic

ok this is probably today’s most delusional thought

2 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

:thirst: Amazing :pray2: We are the only fanbase that could wish to have 3 new aoty albums in less than 4 months from a single artist~

Even when we’re winning big time, we’re finding new ways to be disappointed :thumb3: I mean, she did the exact same thing, to rename an album, with the one that was just released... 

I’m not entirely sure that BB will be the last project we’ll hear from her this year though: the audiobook could very well be out this fall.

31 minutes ago, bougainvillea said:

2021, the year that will have seen the release of three Lana Del Rey albums, all receiving a score of 80 or above on Metacritic

When the three albums get nominated at the grammys for AOTY and they all win! 780503581237182506.gif?v=1

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

23 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Ok people crazy theory time:

*I'll put in topics because my ideas are not really clear and I suck for texts. You make the connection 

1. What if her label didn't wanted her to release RCS/BB? At least not so close to COCC?

2. So as rebellious act she created her own cover and gave us date?

3. The scenes from the snippet could really be from a MV for COCC

4. To gives us certainty about the release, she put BB in the video and teased us the snippet

5. Now her label don't have much choice, besides releasing BB close to the date that she wants to

6. A lot of artists are releasing new music this summer. It would make so much sense for her label to decide to hold her after COCC and wait for the right time

7. That's why her managers didn't liked her posts, Polydor deleted the announcement on their page and Mike didn't shared the snippet 

I hope this all makes sense

In the interview Ben and Ed did in January they confirmed that she was working on two albums..I doubt they would have said that if they were planning on forcing her to hold onto the album for an extended period of time. But at the same time I’d love for that theory to be true and Lana going ‘f U’ to her label and bosses 

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

It’s an interesting theory... I see Mike not sharing the snippet because it’s not one of the tracks he was involved in? I don’t think she has only producer for this album?!? Don’t know why I think that though. 

you aren't wrong tho, NFR and COCC had song that weren't produced by only Jack (Yosemite, TNBAR, and California) so i mean it wouldn't be wrong to assume Jack isn't the only one on this one too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anything is possible with her, but it would be weird to release an album and another one a month later, like why not make it a double album? But again, who knows?

didnt mariner do that? love and fear or whatever, she waited for like 2-3 weeks and bc the second part leaked early she just dropped it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, Disney Slut said:

Well, idk if you guys remember but in early april a fan asked lana about rock candy sweet and she confirmed that it was an album and not a track, soo...

2 new albums blue banisters and rock candy sweet COMING SOON :beyonce:

That person probably lied or she lied

Someone lied; it's not happening and I hope it doesn't because 2 albums in 2 months sounds disastrous, especially when the last one came out in late March. 

Quality over quantity :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I still think the MV was made with the new album in mind. Why would she scrap a MV for Chemtrails (album) to then go and film one for White Dress (with a broken arm)? I guess we'll see if she lipsyncs on the video and it makes sense with the lyrics or not.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Vertimus said:

But if this is true/accurate, then wouldn't that make 3-4 albums? BB and RCS, plus the two cover albums, the folk/Americana classics being one and the other being country covers? 

Or could the cover albums all have been merged into one, perhaps a double album of folk/Americana/country covers? 

Which would make 2 albums of new material by LDR and 1 of covers. 

Isn't that rather a lot in a year in which she already released COCC? 

Yes, it would be 4 albums but I meant 2 albums of original LDR material! When they said “she has two albums in mind” I assumed they meant 2 albums where she’d be the one writing the songs, not including the cover albums!

Album cover aside, I can pretty confidently say she's heading exactly where she needs to be artistically with this album. I think NFR-COTCC-BB will really cement her legacy as one of the greatest songwriters of our generation. I feel like this album will also continue her artistic maturation. I'm so glad nothing we've heard so far sounds like BTD. I'm 9 years older than when BTD dropped, and I feel like her music (sonically/lyrically) has grown with me. Super pumped for this album. If NFR is late summer/early fall, COTCC is late fall/early winter, I hope BB is going to be late spring/summer. 

Spoiler

And I hope she wins her first Grammy for this--even if it means beating out evermore 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Is Lana’s relationship with Interscope that good? COCC sales felt like it lost or broke even the costs. 

She's been killing it with vinyl sales apparently. I'm sure Interscope is very happy to have her keep pumping out that plastic. And I doubt BB (or COTCC for that matter) have very expensive rollouts? LDR Village was probably the biggest sunk cost, but I'm sure it recouped a lot of the money.

It's not like she's asking them to pay for Steven Klein to shoot the album cover.

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

36 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Is Lana’s relationship with Interscope that good? COCC sales felt like it lost or broke even the costs. 

i would say they have a pretty good relationship.. while I’m sure things go on behind the scenes (like when NFR was done in early ‘19 but she had no idea when it would be released) they seem to give her a lot of freedom that I’m sure other artists don’t have. Lana outsold the top 10 the week COTCC came out, and NFR did very good too. Plus her fans are very devoted and spend mad money on merch (like for me LDR Village is grossly overcharged, but fans still support her)

I’m sure things go on behind the scenes that will delay BB (promo, other artists), but I also think they’ll let her release relatively soon because they know her fans will gladly spend the money for her again

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

Yes, it would be 4 albums but I meant 2 albums of original LDR material! When they said “she has two albums in mind” I assumed they meant 2 albums where she’d be the one writing the songs, not including the cover albums!

Got it, thanks for clarifying.