Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, Mer said:

She's been killing it with vinyl sales apparently. I'm sure Interscope is very happy to have her keep pumping out that plastic. And I doubt BB (or COTCC for that matter) have very expensive rollouts? LDR Village was probably the biggest sunk cost, but I'm sure it recouped a lot of the money.

It's not like she's asking them to pay for Steven Klein to shoot the album cover.

With this said, that LDR Village thing could last over several eras easily or even up to 10 years. It's a brilliant store that i dont see many people do anymore-- it's unique in 2021

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Since the release isn't that far away, I'm trying my best to not listen to the snippet, that way I don't overplay it lol. Right now I've heard it twice.

EDIT: Make that 7 times because I just tempted my self after posting this and I couldn't resist so I went to go watch it lol. Oh well. Thasss it tho lol.

COCC I'm sure was very profitable. Especially in Europe. US too. 78k copies is no joke. 

Compared to Katy with 58k? Dua with 55k.

And honestly. BTD sold 250k+ worldwide in 2021 alone. 

She makes ton of money...

BB must be upbeat though. For her to get GP attention again. Most of her fans are old fans.

I'm confused when Joan mentioned the average age in a Lana concert is 14... intact they're mostly 20+? I dont see Gen Z getting into Nfr or COCC. It's too slow for them.

I kinda don't understand why she didn't delete the RCS post when she uploaded the original Blue Banisters post on her instagram. If it were a title change wouldn't she have deleted the RCS post? I know Lana isn't clear about things, but she does tend to delete things when they are no longer necessary, it's just strange that she kept them both up. I'm scared to say it, but maybe we really are getting two albums? :air2: 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I kinda don't understand why she didn't delete the RCS post when she uploaded the original Blue Banisters post on her instagram. If it were a title change wouldn't she have deleted the RCS post? I know Lana isn't clear about things, but she does tend to delete things when they are no longer necessary, it's just strange that she kept them both up. I'm scared to say it, but maybe we really are getting two albums? :air2: 

chemtrails over the country club - march 19th

rock candy sweet - june 1st

blue banisters - july 4th

maybe we'll get another album in the early fall, maybe a christmas album for the end of the year? :dua: 

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

what if she posted both rcs announcement and blue bannisters announcement bc she couldn't decide which title she liked better and wanted to see which got the most likes  :dua: 

Then, Rock Candy Sweet it is! :beyonce:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe we'll get another album in the early fall, maybe a christmas album for the end of the year? :dua: 

not us potentially getting 3 albums in a year and then still hoping for a 4th later in the year we are so spoilt :makeup2:

26 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I'm confused when Joan mentioned the average age in a Lana concert is 14... intact they're mostly 20+? I dont see Gen Z getting into Nfr or COCC. It's too slow for them.

I was surprised about that too haha, but honestly I think NFR was the one that brought younger generations in, who then probably went back and listened to Born To Die (hence why it still sells so much even a decade later!)

Also I'm 23 and I'm Gen Z, I was like 13-14 when Born to Die came out, so it is really interesting that its been a decade and Lana is still attracting that same age range and obviously keeping her fans who have grown up with her music haha

So I don't think it is a generational thing, I think it really just depends on your tastes in music and stuff

She has legend status. She will keep attracting new fans every generation because her music is timeless. Seeing youngsters on TikTok bopping to her only proves this theory

18 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

covers album? :dua:

2 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

Is Lana’s relationship with Interscope that good? COCC sales felt like it lost or broke even the costs. 

These days, having 10,000 fans who buy multiple formats of your new record, consistently, as well as buy merch, etc, is worth more than having 10,000,000 fans who only stream your music (and Lana also has that).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 hour ago, Safiresyrup said:

I am so intrigued by what the unreleased track might be!!

I'm tooooo excited :air2:

omg i missed on this :noparty:

any of unreleased will be on the album? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

41 minutes ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

I was surprised about that too haha, but honestly I think NFR was the one that brought younger generations in, who then probably went back and listened to Born To Die (hence why it still sells so much even a decade later!)

Also I'm 23 and I'm Gen Z, I was like 13-14 when Born to Die came out, so it is really interesting that its been a decade and Lana is still attracting that same age range and obviously keeping her fans who have grown up with her music haha

So I don't think it is a generational thing, I think it really just depends on your tastes in music and stuff

Lana is a Rite of Passage artist for teen girls and gays so she'll always be profitable

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

28 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

omg i missed on this :noparty:

any of unreleased will be on the album? 

An insider said an unreleased track that has been leaked before has a great chance of being on this album 

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

intact they're mostly 20+? I dont see Gen Z getting into Nfr or COCC

Gen Z is 20 now lol 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

I really hope it's not the real album cover, it would make a horrible object as a vinyl or a cd,

I love this picture but if she wants to use it I think it would be better without any text on it. Just the original unedited pic as the cover, like that :
vinyl2.jpg

My theroy is that she associates that picture for RCS and then BB to show us it's the same album she just renamed, not two diff albums.
I dare to think it's her "Work in Prgress" visual and not an album cover.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg