Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m all for optimism and delulu, but this is next level I’ve seen here for a couple of hours. Not attacking you specifically though. I’m sure RCS and BB are the same, I don’t see how they could be two different albums... 

I didn’t say that because I necessarily believed it but because I think it’s a genuine question that could have been easily resolved without making things awkward 

38 minutes ago, triangles19 said:

I really hope it's not the real album cover, it would make a horrible object as a vinyl or a cd,

I love this picture but if she wants to use it I think it would be better without any text on it. Just the original unedited pic as the cover, like that :
vinyl2.jpg

My theroy is that she associates that picture for RCS and then BB to show us it's the same album she just renamed, not two diff albums.
I dare to think it's her "Work in Prgress" visual and not an album cover.

That pic is tragic in any possible way. She looks sunburnt and the angle is bad. I mean, picking a selfie for a studio album should be forbidden. And to get things worse when it’s a selfie from COCC era with the same hair shown in the video.

I want to convince myself this is not the cover and she hasn’t lost her mind. Let’s wait until album pre-order.

y'all watch the unreleased track end up being thunder and now cherry blossom lol

with her posting the lyrics to cherry blossom it makes the most sense (you know how she forgets her newer tracks' lyrics which makes me wonder if it was re-recorded or if she just went back and listened to that track that day) but tbh i would want an album with a sound like thunder 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

y'all watch the unreleased track end up being thunder and now cherry blossom lol

with her posting the lyrics to cherry blossom it makes the most sense (you know how she forgets her newer tracks' lyrics which makes me wonder if it was re-recorded or if she just went back and listened to that track that day) but tbh i would want an album with a sound like thunder 

If we get a studio version of Yes to heaven, Fine China, Cherry Blossom and Roses bloom for you, I will never complain about her again. 

it's because her face is swallowed in the photo. the most visually popping thing about the selfie is her hair looking like pan-fried noodles. which hey yes noodles, but how she's fixed up n accessorizing leads to think that she wanted a more tailored and put together look. and on the left, the lighting of the view from behind. 

from the lighting, the subject matter. the lack of atmosphere furthered from the inside of a 2010's to modern'd car interior selfie (disproportionately cropped imo). she's swallowed in it. 
I'd understand the fluidity that she might be going for but because of the similar tones, it just cancels each other out. 

'get the possible hypersensationalism w the closeness of the shot, but it would've looked A LOT better even if the photo was zoomed a bit out to give proper spacing for the album title n her name. 

w that being said. I do just get single cover vibes the most. I personally LOVE chemtrails' original cover. but. the positioning's just thin sinew of what we know she's capable of and the lack of any more effort is a bit disheartening

UV/Honeymoon

That we are getting two albums doesn't seem that unrealistic at this point. 

Maybe RCS is produced by Zach and Dealer will be on it and BB is produced by Mike Dean

My inner delulu is back and he is stronger than ever:hype:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

53 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

That pic is tragic in any possible way. She looks sunburnt and the angle is bad. I mean, picking a selfie for a studio album should be forbidden. And to get things worse when it’s a selfie from COCC era with the same hair shown in the video.

I want to convince myself this is not the cover and she hasn’t lost her mind. Let’s wait until album pre-order.

It‘s probably not that deep, but maybe she wants to find a way out of the „pop business machine“. She has complained multiple times how the critics praised NFR, but that they weren‘t actually writing about the music itself. By using a selfie, she makes sure to not distract from the music- especially because people tend to focus on her „persona“ and the times she has been „problematic“.

And if I was writing music as fast as her, I guess I would be tired of all the photoshootings too.

Spoiler

Or she‘s just lazy idk :wtf3:

4 hours ago, longtimeman said:

These days, having 10,000 fans who buy multiple formats of your new record, consistently, as well as buy merch, etc, is worth more than having 10,000,000 fans who only stream your music (and Lana also has that).

Since we are debating over sales, I have to say I’ve always thought that Lana was a “silent shark”, killing it with numbers step by step, and that’s still so true to me. Constancy and affection are two key points of her magic... people still stream the majority of her songs every day, and she is very strong on merch too (why it costs so much though?? We have always been complaining about that and still here we are buying from LDR Village :flop:).

As someone else already said, she has a legend status and man you can tell how precious that is today.
Also, sometimes I feel like people forget what type of music Lana does... she’s not your average pop singer, it’s not easy to sell most of what she does. Her last two projects are the living proof of that: Violet is a POETRY book... who reads poems today anymore? And COCC itself is a super moody album with no really “pop bop”... but still, she smashes it. It’s really extraordinary! I mean, if you think about it... it’s not just me being a stan, if you look at her numbers it’s a matter of fact at this point!

ANYWAYS, I don’t think we already got the official cover. I think it is on the way... we just keep waiting. Don’t lose your hope, a terrific album cover is coming this time around along with 43 different vinyl variants.

5 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Since we are debating over sales, I have to say I’ve always thought that Lana was a “silent shark”, killing it with numbers step by step, and that’s still so true to me. Constancy and affection are two key points of her magic... people still stream the majority of her songs every day, and she is very strong on merch too (why it costs so much though?? We have always been complaining about that and still here we are buying from LDR Village :flop:).

Correct. Lana is, from the record company's viewpoint, an extremely low maintenance artist. She has her own momentum, and her own audience who will buy whatever she puts out, and the label barely even has to spend a cent on advertising it. They don't care about the controversies or the fashions or the twitter wars. She has an audience of people who enjoy handing over hard cash for product. A million retweets of a tik tok video isn't worth a thing to labels if it doesn't translate to cash changing hands. Individual fans, and the hashtag hordes, like to think that they have the power, but money is still the anthem of success.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

3 hours ago, The Greatest said:

I didn’t say that because I necessarily believed it but because I think it’s a genuine question that could have been easily resolved without making things awkward 

You’re right, it would have given us an answer. 
which proves that her post are never clear :thumb3:

Why some of you want Lana to give us a hip hop trap album? :toofunny: And the weekend collab? This collab ruined one of her best tracks.

We have her worst album aka LFL already, go stream it and stop this stupid manifestation.

Mmeow~

2 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Why some of you want Lana to give us a hip hop trap album? :toofunny: And the weekend collab? This collab ruined one of her best tracks.

We have her worst album aka LFL already, go stream it and stop this stupid manifestation.

I am one of the few that love LFL. True, it’s a messy and not as cohesive album as the rest of her discography, but I loved it because it was released in the summer (I love more diversified albums in summer) and it was a messy AF period of my life, so I connected to this album loll. plus there are some of the best tracks of her career on it. 

that being said, if there are a couple of hip-hop influenced tracks on BB, I wouldn’t be mad. Do I want an album full of it? No. Same about folk or country tracks. If BB is a « LFL 2.0 » but more cohesive, I’d be very much happy. 

16 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

So... Pre-order today or tomorrow?

As long as I have received my new credit card :toofunny:

I mean it's possible Lana is making BB and RCS as a sorta BTD & Paradise kinda thing? 

If you think about it, June 11th (RCS) then followed by July 4th (BB)

Both BTD and Paradise were released the same year

It's also possible Lana is using the same selfies for both of these announcements - because they're essentially ONE project

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I mean it's possible Lana is making BB and RCS as a sorta BTD & Paradise kinda thing? 

If you think about it, June 11th (RCS) then followed by July 4th (BB)

Both BTD and Paradise were released the same year

It's also possible Lana is using the same selfies for both of these announcements - because they're essentially ONE project

That would be a dream. Let’s just hope that clearer infos are on the way. Until then, I’ll hope for BB (both single and album) soon :) 

52 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

I love Lana and The Weeknd together, but I don't know how I feel about a hip hop/trap pop album. Especially because she's been choosing to take the generic route in those past years.

Diet Mountain Dew is still a great track and even after 10 years, it still sounding fresh. Groupie Love on the other hand...

We will have to wait and see

Rock Candy Sweet:

The rock album we all deserve. Shades Of Cool bridge meeting Venice Bitch meeting Money Power Glory meeting Flipside meeting her Heartshaped Box Cover mixed with a lot of e-guitars ,gorgeous vocals and screaming. The  closer sounds like Thunder. Dealer will be on it and gets a music video treatment in which Lana burns magazine articles in which she got critized

Blue Banisters:

Summer Bummer 2.0, Stargirl vibes,  Serial Killer moaning, hip hop or trap influences,  slower & lighter songs as well with a  gorgeous synth driven production & some sensual songs which makes you want to touch yourself , LFL but make it cohevise ,gorgeous & sensual music videos

Her two best albums are coming!!! We need to prepare for the power , the serve , the collapse, our sad ass starting to twerk, the thing the world  needed to get to peace,  the cure of the corona virus , two albums of the decade,  the second come of Jesus,  the thing that stops the climate change,  the cure of our depression 

:dance::rock::sluttybunny::spin:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: