Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

35 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I don't know what to make of what BZ said either, but I disagree with his taste in anything Lana, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Three predictions:

1. This really will be her Question for the Culture album. Name dropping publications and going against her critics. Probably including "Dealer," and songs like it.

2. It's a country record. I think this is the next most logical outcome.

3. A lot of features/collaborations

I really don't know. 

I really don’t have a clue either about this record. I mean, we are receiving so many contradictory informations over the passed few days. 

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

There will be so much mental illness here until July 4th.

between COTCC pre-release and this pre-release the very next day, Mental illness never really left :lolliney: :hype:

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

If she does another cover I want it to be upbeat. Doin' Time is the only cover on an album of hers that I don't usually skip when listening from front to back. I prefer Lana's slow songs over her more upbeat ones but her slow song covers are usually so boring. Doin' Time was something fun, something for the summertime.

Doin time was something SWEET FOR THE FUCKIN KIDS 

she ate...one of her best songs ever 

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

between COTCC pre-release and this pre-release the very next day, Mental illness never really left :lolliney: :hype:

Between “question for the culture”, mask gate, COCC era, the ugly K-Mart fur shoulders in White Dress, endless date changes and ugly album covers, this 2 years will have been the most unforgettable in Lana history. And right on the cusp of BTD 10th Anniversary, icon.

Also it may sound stupid but I think it’s kinda lame when you have this huge access to files that many fans are dying to hear and they are obviously very excited and you’re trying to wash off their excitement with suggesting that something is wack anyway. Like you’re not a critic who was given an official early access to music to write your reviews about it, you literally stole someone’s files of music you don’t even like. ?

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m seriously excited BB is now country :wub:

bestie you made a typo. I fixed it :party:

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m seriously scared BB is now country :biblio:

Synth filled autobiographical country opera with a main hip hop producer incoming! Should be interesting.:creep:

At least we know that jack didn't produce the title track. We also know it's not one of her usual producers so I guess it has to be Mike Dean. I'm sure BB will be interesting cause I don't think she would work with Mike just to make a piano ballad. Btw, who said that BB was a "slow" song similar to I Don't Wanna Go and Yosemite? Was it boz too?

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I really wouldn't be opposed to country. Lana always has a way to make a genre her own and I really think she could make a beautiful country album!

Just now, Venice Peach said:

At least we know that jack didn't produce the title track. We also know it's not one of her usual producers so I guess it has to be Mike Dean. I'm sure BB will be interesting cause I don't think she would work with Mike just to make a piano ballad. Btw, who said that BB was a "slow" song similar to I Don't Wanna Go and Yosemite? Was it boz too?

Yes.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Yes it was lol.

Slow or not, I'm sure it will be interesting though. I'm excited.