Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

I can see a Rick Nowels and Kieron Menzies production for Blue Banisters (song) :legend:

We miss them!:crying2:

1 minute ago, DLT said:

In all seriousness, I really wouldn't be opposed to country. Lana always has a way to make a genre her own and I really think she could make a beautiful country album!

I mean honestly hey blue baby and I must be stupid for being so happy slap so :smokes:

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

did blackoutzone say that it's produced by someone she's never worked with before? because what if it was produced by rick nowels? or possibly dan heath, or kieron menzies? :oprah3:

@Redhydrangeas99 our minds... maybe it's a sign... :pray2:

:sass::sass:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Unless the snippet we heard for BB is wildly different from the rest of the songs production I can NOT see how it's a Mike Dean track. Just looking at Mike Dean's discography and it's full of Beyonce, Madonna, Kanye West, Selena Gomez, and Travis Scott. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

5 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I mean honestly hey blue baby and I must be stupid for being so happy slap so :smokes:

Always loved them, I'm envisioning something a tad heavier and more somber though.

That said country at its core has always been a genre that is synonymous with story telling which obv really suits Lana. I think it would be a great fit! We shall see.

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

Unless the snippet we heard for BB is wildly different from the rest of the songs production I can NOT see how it's a Mike Dean track. Just looking at Mike Dean's discography and it's full of Beyonce, Madonna, Kanye West, Selena Gomez, and Travis Scott. 

I think he may not be on title track but on the album in general somewhere. Either that or he is wanting to venture out of his normal genres and try his hand at producing music people really wouldn't expect from him.

24 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

lmao imagine it’s something insane like a country take on hip-hop & that’s why she’s using country aesthetics with Mike Dean as a producer (if he actually is the producer)

I know that won’t actually happen but it’s a funny (and scary) thought:dua:

Featuring Lil Nas X… he even posted a never before seen photo with her not long ago :ma:

Lanarat.png

even if it is produced by mike dean, it may not be a full-fledged synth/hip-hop track, since lana's style is very distinct i'd imagine he'd produce something that would fit her atmospheric, melancholic style, like max martin & lust for life, obviously the album version of lust for life is very mainstream oriented, it's not like a britney or ariana song

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

3 minutes ago, vipanonymous said:

My bet are on a greatest hits album with 3 new tracks. :smokes3:

summertime sadness, video games, & young & beautiful...? :air:

edit: i misread your post lol :air: i thought you meant a greatest hits album with only three tracks :hide: 

ok we know there is an album because lana referred to it as an album. but boz is referring to a project. so, maybe he doesn’t even have the full album and instead only has a project that is included. “project” can mean music video, maybe even something like tropico? but i really doubt that because it would just be too good to be true. 

or i’m reading too much into this and boz just called it a project for some weird reason

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

summertime sadness, video games, & young & beautiful...? :air:

Spoiler

1. Video Games

2. Born To Die

3. Blue Jeans

4. Ride

5. Young and Beautiful

6. Summertime Sadness

7. West Coast

8. Shades of Cool

9. High By The Beach

10. Lust For Life

11. Love

12. The Greatest

13. F I love You

14. Chemtrails

15. Blue Banisters (feat. Nikki Lane)

16. New Track (feat. Nikki Lane)

17. New Track

:toofloppy:

Just now, vipanonymous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Video Games

2. Born To Die

3. Blue Jeans

4. Ride

5. Young and Beautiful

6. Summertime Sadness

7. West Coast

8. Shades of Cool

9. High By The Beach

10. Lust For Life

11. Love

12. The Greatest

13. F I love You

14. Chemtrails

15. Blue Banisters (feat. Nikki Lane)

16. New Track (feat. Nikki Lane)

17. New Track

:toofloppy:

ahh i know, i misread your post, that would be a complete mess if it were true :air: :hide: 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

ahh i know, i misread your post, that would be a complete mess if it were true :air: :hide: 

What really bothers me it's that the insider called it a 'project' not album. I don't know what to expect tbh. It could be something related to poetry.

1 minute ago, vipanonymous said:

What really bothers me it's that the insider called it a 'project' not album. I don't know what to expect tbh. It could be something related to poetry.

well... lana herself referred to it as an "album" so it's likely that it's just a regular music album :) 

1 minute ago, vipanonymous said:

"Project" is a choice term for sure. Is that a choice made to allude to it not being a regular album or a choice just to fuck with people, who knows lol!

I'm sorry but I'm manifesting right now that the first thing we hear when we put the album on is Hawaiian tropic dark and a bottle of jack :lanahairflip:

I'm also manifesting that the title track is 1949 reimagined :pussypower: :

"Carry me up them stairs" (BANISTERS)

"with my white socks on" (Feet pic she posted on twitter).

"You like my blue nail polish" (BLUE as in BLUE BANISTERS). 

"What is all this? you said of the mess upstairs" (The banisters are un-painted and her weathervane is fucked)

"Cigarettes and lollipops" (ROCK CANDY SWEET)

giphy.gif