Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

did the insider rule out rap? I haven’t seen anyone mention that yet unless I missed it:stareney2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just caught up with everything and here are my two cents:

1. Him referring to the album as a “project” probably doesn’t mean anything. So many people - mostly reviewers/critics - refer to albums as projects.

2. The genres that people guessed - hip-hop, alt-rock, country, folk, pop, PC music - are very broad when you look at the semantics of them. So while the album may still technically fall under that genre, he may be referring specifically to a sub-genre of music that is way more defined than a mere umbrella term. 

3. Something “crazy different” suggests it’s unlike anything Lana has done before. That could mean a lot of things - sonically, lyrically, visually, etc, or structurally - maybe the poetry is mixed into the record, but I don’t think so, because she seems to enjoy having her poetry be its own thing with a separate book/spoken-word release (and I really like that too,  personally!)

I don’t know what we’re in for, honestly, as everything we thought it would be seems to have been disputed, but truthfully, music is in the eye of the beholder. I remember when LMLYLAW was compared to Fine China, and I don’t think I ever would have made that comparison personally.

4. The comment about “push-back” being a delay is something that we all could have concluded knowing Lana’s history with past releases. Unless he knows something that we don’t, I think anyone could have easily guessed that the album would be delayed. 

This is no shade to any insiders btw! Just putting into words the thoughts that a lot of us may have, or helping people come to logical conclusions for their own ease! 

the only thing hip-hop influenced i wish it could happen is cherry and thats it.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

I’m still trying to mentally reconcile the BB snippet with the angry revenge album...maybe a totally different album of course, but in my head BB does a 180 turn in the middle and turns into Roses: “you promised to help me paint the banisters...but then we start to fight, tumble down the staircase” :brows:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

13 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Question, is any of this confirmed real

eclipse e boz are reliable insiders they already guessed right many informations in the past

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Him saying that the direction of sound is something totally different seems like a very bold statement to me :delicious: we definitely need more information :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 minutes ago, deadlyynightshade said:

Him saying that the direction of sound is something totally different seems like a very bold statement to me :delicious: we definitely need more information :cat:

which we probably won't get :cat: :agree:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Top 10 Weirdest Music Genres
  • #8: Nintendocore. ...
  • #7: Splittercore & Extratone. ...
  • #6: Pirate Metal. ...
  • #5: Crunkcore. ...
  • #4: Avant-Garde. ...
  • #3: Catholic Psychedelic Synth Folk. ...
  • #2: Danger Music. ...
  • #1: Japanoise.

take ur pick ladies :sass:

Just now, bel air rose said:

CATHOLIC PSYCADELIC SYNTH FOLK PLEASE

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

why does "catholic psychedelic synth folk" sound like a legitimate possibility at this point :isee:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

Danger Music:willcut: :illumilana: I WANT REVENGE :illumilana2:

Pretty sure Mike Dean produced Blue Banisters (song). He's all about his synths, and I love that ambient synth layer over top.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be more of an all-the-way R&B/hip-hop inspired record, just to fuck with the critics and cultural appropriation ppl. 

A greatest hits would be disgusting, so I'm not even entertaining it. 

Have we ruled out a sea shanty album yet? 

imageproxy.jpg

What if the “inevitable pushback” is because it’s a double album? Blue Banisters / Rock Candy Sweet and that’s why it’s so different? It would inevitably be pushed back because an album with twice the amount of tracks by her standards is harder to line up for release?

Maybe nobody guessed the genre correctly  because in actuality it’s two genres that create this fusion sound that’s split between two full-length albums branded as one? And he can’t believe she’s doing this because it’s such a unique, ambitious thing?

While I think it’s unlikely, it’s definitely a possibility! Especially since she didn’t delete the post about Rock Candy Sweet and did confirm its existence as an album to that fan in Texas literally a week before her first post with the title Blue Banisters. 

maybe we are all collectively inbetween a universe where the album is called "rock candy sweet" and it's a bombtastic rock album and a universe where the album is called "blue banisters" and it's a mellow alternative synth album with the similar theme of gentle femininity that she explored in chemtrails :awkney:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123