Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

27 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

on Mike Deans Spotify About Page, it says

"Dean has described himself as "the finisher" for his ability to collaborate and expand on the work of other producers and artists, bringing a shared vision to life"

maybe Dean is helping bring Lana's unhinged vision to life, didn't she say she wanted Jack to go crazier or wilder ? ?

As someone else said awhile ago, the problem with Jack is that he works with many of her contemporaries and it dilutes her unique sound and vision. I mean, he's okay and he might be able to play 55 different Fisher-Price quality instruments but his work isn't particularly original or outstanding. Lana is more cinematic and pushing boundaries and experimenting 'n' shit. He's more a "look I came up with these 5 chords on my Fisher-Price keyboard, let's make a song out of them and everyone will think I'm genius, teehee" type of dude.

Hopefully, the fact that she's working with some other producers means that she recognises this and is ready for something new :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 hours ago, Contemplating God said:

One produced by Zach Dawes and some screamer songs sprinkled in there, the other produced by Rick and Mike Dean:trisha::trisha:

MANIFESTING :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

Omg I just listened to mike dean’s synth albums and he NEEDS to be lead producer on this album.. I’m obsessed 

the way we’re hyping up his contribution to this album so much i fear for the meltdowns when he’s nowhere to be found in the credits :trisha:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

4 minutes ago, new gods said:

the way we’re hyping up his contribution to this album so much i fear for the meltdowns when he’s nowhere to be found in the credits :trisha:

I’m guessing she will water his stuff down A LOT, it doesn’t fit at all with the lead single. All his stuff is sexy though, so hopefully that type of vibe is brought in strong. The track Pangaea is everything.

14 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

As someone else said awhile ago, the problem with Jack is that he works with many of her contemporaries and it dilutes her unique sound and vision. I mean, he's okay and he might be able to play 55 different Fisher-Price quality instruments but his work isn't particularly original or outstanding. Lana is more cinematic and pushing boundaries and experimenting 'n' shit. He's more a "look I came up with these 5 chords on my Fisher-Price keyboard, let's make a song out of them and everyone will think I'm genius, teehee" type of dude.

Hopefully, the fact that she's working with some other producers means that she recognises this and is ready for something new :agree:

I want new production as much as the next guy but don't underestimate Jacks contribution to NFR cuz that Venice Bitch instrumental makes me euphoric. Hes very versatile, as seen in his projects with other artist, but I have noticed some bleedthrough in his work with her contemporaries as you mentioned. But yes I am excited for new sounds with these producing teases, because as much as i like jack we do need a break and I never want him to produce a lana album again :blush3:

Scream Queens Thank You GIF by FOX TV

The "problem" isn't Jack, nor their collaboration per se - NFR is one of her most acclaimed albums ever and I personally really loved it.

It's the fact that their "chemistry" seems to be such a one-track pony. All of the fire seemingly went into NFR and now all they do seems to be pale, oversimplified comfort-zone songs without depth. Lana likes to surround herself with yes-men and that isn't too god for her work on the long-run. Rick Nowels is a great producer, but look what happened on LFL. Same goes for Jack and CoCC.
She just needs a different kind of input to try and do something new again. NFR was great because it was a fresh "clash of minds", their first collab, just like UV was great because it was a product of a tension-loaded, newly formed professional relationship between Lana and Auerbach. She's a great singer and a great writer, but like anyone else, she's not immune to becoming lazy when she gets too comfortable. 

Just yesterday I heard a playlist which randomly featured her "Summertime" cover - and was blown away by it, although it's definitly not THE peak of her career. Still, itis much more exciting than anything on CoCC

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

He's more a "look I came up with these 5 chords on my Fisher-Price keyboard, let's make a song out of them and everyone will think I'm genius, teehee" type of dude.

maybe you spilled :gasp:

6 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

Yall know what scares me? During her BBC interview in January, she said she had no idea what her next album would sound like and that she hadn’t even started writing songs yet.. there is no way she’s got a double album of fully original songs?

I will always be fully convinced she was talking about when her and Jack finished the COTCC songs we got, and wasn’t talking in the present. 

she tweeted in November she was working on two albums, and in January (around the same time as the BBC interview) Ben and Ed said she was working on two albums and had two titles in mind (which if she has two possible titles picked out, she had to be close to being done)

But when she did the BBC interview there was NO way she could announce her NEXT album when the album she was currently promoting was still 2 months away. 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

I love how we just decided that there r two albums coming. Lets manifest ladies:nails:

Delulu‘s at heart :clapback:

Imagine that the reason BOZ said that is because the entire album consists of duets with Clayton

"Project"

"I can't believe she is doing this"

"Not what ya'll expect"

"Not produced by Jack or any of her usual collaborators" because it's produced by The Johnsons

:oic3:

ETA: imagine that it's a rap album

ETA2: remember when Chunk was in the studio with her? Imagine-

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

15 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Imagine that the reason BOZ said that is because the entire album consists of duets with Clayton

"Project"

"I can't believe she is doing this"

"Not what ya'll expect"

"Not produced by Jack or any of her usual collaborators" because it's produced by The Johnsons

:oic3:

ETA: imagine that it's a rap album

ETA2: remember when Chunk was in the studio with her? Imagine-

:icant: we wouldnt handle it