Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

There's a video on tiktok of the livestream The guy on the live to Mike Dean: "Are you producing the entire Blue Banisters record?"

silence. "mmm I can't say... "

:oprah2: why is everything so damn secretive

they want us to suffer 

faSE.gif

47 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think they will risk debuting with 50k first week just to try to boost streaming numbers :brows:

I know what you mean, but I think they would do it if they had a good promo plan in place to make sure steaming numbers were better (as well as digital sales and CDs since those don’t take long to make at all). I mean they risked debuting with as little as chemtrails did so it could happen. I’m not saying I believe that it will lol, I’m just speculating based on other peoples posts. 

3 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I know what you mean, but I think they would do it if they had a good promo plan in place to make sure steaming numbers were better (as well as digital sales and CDs since those don’t take long to make at all). I mean they risked debuting with as little as chemtrails did so it could happen. I’m not saying I believe that it will lol, I’m just speculating based on other peoples posts. 

Chem is a confusing. Rolling stone says 98k. BB says 78k. If its 98k honestly it's just 7k less than NFR.

And also Chem outsold NFR in pure sales in UK.  Only 7k less in USA pure sales. 

Chems fault is that it had no bops on the radio like DT.

Blame her management for not sending TJF or anything to radios..

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Chem is a confusing. Rolling stone says 98k. BB says 78k. If its 98k honestly it's just 7k less than NFR.

And also Chem outsold NFR in pure sales in UK.  Only 7k less in USA pure sales. 

Chems fault is that it had no bops on the radio like DT.

Blame her management for not sending TJF or anything to radios..

I blame everyone for not doing anything with TJF!!! And Wild at Heart honestly. And DBJAG. And the fact Yosemite was paid dust is also a crime. But anyways lol…

Yes chem did great physically in US and UK. I never really understood that Rolling Stone thing either. If it indeed did 98k that’s actually amazing but I just go by what Billboard said since they’re the ones who do the charts and reporting I guess. 

Nonetheless I think first week in US Chem only translated 20some thousand sales via streams and that’s tragic when there are other artists who sell nothing physically but do over 100k from streaming alone. Yes a lot of that is from having singles and playlisting. But if her team does a better job at promo and just some more playlisting (the singles did Indeed have some I’ll say that) then she could at least as a whole album steam better even without singles and have way better sales from streaming. I think forcing her to do a digital and CD only album would help accomplish that is all I’m suggesting!

With Mike Dean on board, this era will probably be bigger than Chemtrails, maybe even NFR. 
(thank God he shared the BB post, so we know his involvement is for this record and probably not some side project or the next album)

I think its highly likely that Blue Banisters will comprise of songs that Lana worked on with Jack and maybe another producer, but we know now that shes currently working with Mike Dean!

That said, I think that Blue Banisters (the song) is one she worked on with Jack, since it seems its already finished.

I'm still wondering about RCS, though, and what happened to make her change it in between March 20th and either April 10th (the first post about BB) or the day she actually announced BB as an album title....I wonder if it had something to do with working with Mike Dean

I cannnnnt, last week it was a pop folk COCC-like album, then this website said it was going to be a slowcore synth heavy meditation, then a psychedelic soft rock effort thanks to Ms. Dean's input, and now with that same Ms Dean input it's turned into a trap pop diss album about the industry which Jack hasn't touched - and we've only heard ONE snippet with what is very obviously Jack's piano (and maybe Ms Dean's synths)......................

tenor.gif?itemid=19839317

12 minutes ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

I think its highly likely that Blue Banisters will comprise of songs that Lana worked on with Jack and maybe another producer, but we know now that shes currently working with Mike Dean!

That said, I think that Blue Banisters (the song) is one she worked on with Jack, since it seems its already finished.

I'm still wondering about RCS, though, and what happened to make her change it in between March 20th and either April 10th (the first post about BB) or the day she actually announced BB as an album title....I wonder if it had something to do with working with Mike Dean

I though BoZ said BB wasn’t produced by her usual producers... But maybe Jack composed the piano melody and Mike Dean (or some other producer) finished it? This era is confusing AF. 

There is no album. This is just a big social experiment in the fandom culture. On July 4th, BB will show up in the streaming services and when we play it, it will be one hour and 40 minutes of silence. Her revenge will be never singing again. The media can't criticize what doesn't exist. This act will enter in history books and the results will be studied for years 

I’m manifesting a Lana post tonight..we still aren’t in her typical posting range yet so there’s still hope 

I’m suddenly afraid that she is indeed working with Mike on BB and that’s why he shared the album cover, and we’re still well over 90 days away from the album :crying4:

"Don’t forget me"

21 minutes ago, Kommander said:

I cannnnnt, last week it was a pop folk COCC-like album, then this website said it was going to be a slowcore synth heavy meditation, then a psychedelic soft rock effort thanks to Ms. Dean's input, and now with that same Ms Dean input it's turned into a trap pop diss album about the industry which Jack hasn't touched - and we've only heard ONE snippet with what is very obviously Jack's piano (and maybe Ms Dean's synths)......................

tenor.gif?itemid=19839317

IT'LL BE A GENRE-SMORGASBORD LIKE BTD 2.0 
DlVNkUx.gif
FUecUFO.gif

UV/Honeymoon

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

There is no album. This is just a big social experiment in the fandom culture. On July 4th, BB will show up in the streaming services and when we play it, it will be one hour and 40 minutes of silence. Her revenge will be never singing again. The media can't criticize what doesn't exist. This act will enter in history books and the results will be studied for years 

:tommy:

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]