Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The fact is Lana is one of the most creative and prolific artists ever and she's made the deliberate choice not to play the game the way she's "supposed" to and we should all accept that and be happy that she's found a way to navigate the industry in her own way. She's obviously not a mean spirited person and I don't think she posts fake dates to purposely upset us. She gets excited about things and announces them too early, and then either red tape or her own indecision or both lead to delays. It's not the end of the world at all and I really don't know why after a whole decade people are still expecting anything different from her. Accept her for who she is and enjoy the brilliant art as it comes.

The best ones lost their minds, so I'm not gonna change, I'll stay the same. :illumilana2:

18 minutes ago, DCooper said:

She gets excited about things and announces them too early, and then either red tape or her own indecision or both lead to delays.

Adding to the fact, Interscope probably makes the most money off of her vinyls. So I think they're hesitant to release the album without having a huge supply of vinyls already pressed and ready to go.

Imagine if COTCC had really come out in Sept. (on streaming and CDs) and the vinyl didn't come until March--Interscope would've lost a tonnnn of sales (COTCC broke some records for most vinyls sold I think). It must be hard for her to convince the label to let her release her music before everything's ready to go. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

We still dont know if Mike produces only one song / some songs or the whole record, right? Or did I miss something? :pft:

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

We still dont know if Mike produces only one song / some songs or the whole record, right? Or did I miss something? :pft:

The way I got it, I guess they made some songs for the album, but I don’t think he’s the only producer on it. Blue Banisters (song) doesn’t seem like something he’d do tbh

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

15 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The fact is Lana is one of the most creative and prolific artists ever and she's made the deliberate choice not to play the game the way she's "supposed" to and we should all accept that and be happy that she's found a way to navigate the industry in her own way. She's obviously not a mean spirited person and I don't think she posts fake dates to purposely upset us. She gets excited about things and announces them too early, and then either red tape or her own indecision or both lead to delays. It's not the end of the world at all and I really don't know why after a whole decade people are still expecting anything different from her. Accept her for who she is and enjoy the brilliant art as it comes.

The best ones lost their minds, so I'm not gonna change, I'll stay the same. :illumilana2:

this :wowcry:

10 minutes ago, COCC said:

4 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

Honestly at this point i'm really confused someone help us. 

I rewatched a clip from his livestream and it seems that the audio briefly cut out in the middle of his sentence, so I think his exact words (based on lip-reading) were 

“You all have at least one song on the new album” 

as opposed to what we thought it was at first: “you all have at least one [AUDIO CUTS OUT] new album” 

And paired with him saying that they haven’t finished anything, I could take that as meaning that more songs are on the way! But they’ve definitely got one song together that’s finished for the album (possibly the title track).

2 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

How would you all feel if BB went back to featuring a vehicle of sorts on the cover? Or do you think that tradition is dead?

manifesting that she'll be in a spaceship :pray2: :godlaugh:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

manifesting that she'll be in a spaceship :pray2: :godlaugh:

LOL, I wonder if Interscope can get licensing for Marvin the Martian to join her.

47d620a71e11327099ce611da69a37d6.gif

21 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

How would you all feel if BB went back to featuring a vehicle of sorts on the cover? Or do you think that tradition is dead?

I would love for that to happen again :flutter: I’ve been dreaming of her on a motorcycle for an album cover and when she announced RCS I thought that maybe that could happen but I’m not sure it fits with BB...

She hinted Harley Davidson on the bb snippet tho so maybe it’s not that crazy of an idea:sass:

I wonder if this album is meant to contrast the sonic hype of BTD, as well as her reputation. Like, it’s something of an allegory, coming 10 years after her debut. 

- Mike Dean is primarily a hip-hop producer. BTD is heavily laced with hip-hop influences. 

- Blue Banisters appears to be a ballad about broken promises in love, wanting to settle down but having not done so yet, which kind of complements the whole sentiment of Video Games (how the verses were the reality of being in love but also somewhat cast aside, and the chorus was how she wished things had gone with another person)

- Lana attracted negative attention that was unwarranted in 2011/2012. This whole album has kind of been born out of the negative press she’s gotten over the last year. 

I don’t think it’s an entirely intentional thing (like LFL being a “full-circle moment” from BTD) but I wonder if it’s her paying homage to that early sound and putting respect on that narrative, especially since she was proud of it at the time! And it was unfairly critiqued.

That could be the revenge in question; putting respect on BTD’s name (and everything in between) and proving the point that she was unfairly judged from the start.