Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

How would you all feel if BB went back to featuring a vehicle of sorts on the cover? Or do you think that tradition is dead?

I would love something really kind of new for her and almost minimalist? Kinda like the new Fearless cover. Something well shot and clean like the Niel COTCC cover. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

12 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

How would you all feel if BB went back to featuring a vehicle of sorts on the cover? Or do you think that tradition is dead?

Hoping for a pickup truck appearance on the cover, seems it would fit the vibe of the snippet she posted

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I wonder if this album is meant to contrast the sonic hype of BTD, as well as her reputation. Like, it’s something of an allegory, coming 10 years after her debut. 

- Mike Dean is primarily a hip-hop producer. BTD is heavily laced with hip-hop influences. 

- Blue Banisters appears to be a ballad about broken promises in love, wanting to settle down but having not done so yet, which kind of compliments the whole sentiment of Video Games (how the verses were the reality of being in love but also somewhat cast aside, and the chorus was how she wished things had gone with another person)

- Lana attracted negative attention that was unwarranted in 2011/2012. This whole album has kind of been born out of the negative press she’s gotten over the last year. 

I don’t think it’s an entirely intentional thing (like LFL being a “full-circle moment” from BTD) but I wonder if it’s her paying homage to that early sound and putting respect on that narrative, especially since she was proud of it at the time! And it was unfairly critiqued.

That could be the revenge in question; putting respect on BTD’s name (and everything in between) and proving the point that she was unfairly judged from the start. 

lana creating a born to die-esque album near it's 10-year anniversary as a way of getting "revenge" against the media & critics is such a great concept, i honestly hope you're right

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Remember in Sept. interview Lana was talking about chemtrails and said something like when I write I feel like I miss the mark sometimes and that's why I really like hip-hop. could be a sign of her headspace when she was writing this record.

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lana creating a born to die-esque album near it's 10-year anniversary as a way of getting "revenge" against the media & critics is such a great concept, i honestly hope you're right

I sooooo hope these theories are accurate. I would love to hear a Born to Die-esque album with her current vocal range.

40 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

i would love this tradition revived and her signature font on the cover as well

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

35 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

This is one of the things I wish Lana would have kept with. Had Lana used one the the other group shots taken for COCC that had a horse in it (such as the Spotify pic disc); then Lana having some kind of transportation on every album cover would still be a thing. COCC kinda broke with that tradition ?

I guess having at least one variation with some form of transportation on it still counts actually. Even if it's not the official cover.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

This is one of the things I wish Lana would have kept with. Had Lana used one the the other group shots taken for COCC that had a horse in it (such as the Spotify pic disc); then Lana having some kind of transportation on every album cover would still be a thing. COCC kinda broke with that tradition ?

I guess having at least one variation with some form of transportation on it still counts actually. Even if it's not the official cover.

OMG I totally forgot about the horse! That is a very good point. I was kind of ambivalent about her choice of a cover for COCC but now that you just pointed that out, I'm a little upset LOL. I really do hope that we can just forget about the break in tradition and continue it.

i think the tranport tradition is over, and I think the reason why is: lana it's on another chapter. LFL ended and showed the end of the story of the past 3 albums and showed us where she is going, it's hard to say goodbye but I think it's just life.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

If we get some piano ballads on this album, I hope they have similar vibes to French Restaurant. That song is truly a piano track done really well

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 hours ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i think the tranport tradition is over, and I think the reason why is: lana it's on another chapter. LFL ended and showed the end of the story of the past 3 albums and showed us where she is going, it's hard to say goodbye but I think it's just life.

She was on a boat in NFR and we have that pic of her with the horse for COCC. I’m still holding out hope for this theme. There’s only so many iPhone pics she can take

@Clampigirl I was wondering where u were. Happy to see that ur back on the clock, restoring balance to this gay mess

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

6 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

She was on a boat in NFR and we have that pic of her with the horse for COCC. I’m still holding out hope for this theme. There’s only so many iPhone pics she can take

she was on the boat because she was forced to be on another photoshoot, her first plan was this:

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! Lyrics and Tracklist | Genius

I think she just kept the transport for a specific reason: sportcruiser poem, mariners apartment complex, get free those 3 moments were very important to her and that created a new reason to do that again (even thought it wasn't her original plan)

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

she was on the boat because she was forced to be on another photoshoot, her first plan was this:

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell! Lyrics and Tracklist | Genius

I think she just kept the transport for a specific reason: sportcruiser poem, mariners apartment complex, get free those 3moments were very important to her and that created a new reason to that again (even thought it wasn't her original plan)

Well I mean she wasn’t forced to get on a boat. She could’ve pitched another idea if she thought that story had ended but I get your point. Anyways, Lana is fickle and unpredictable so who knows. If this theme isn’t continued then I hope she makes a new one

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

4 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

The “vehicle” for this album’s cover will be the Blue Banisters Lana slides down from. :hooker:

i'd love her doing something like honeymoon pose but on a blue banniters staring to the camera (creating the feeling that she is looking at you)

Lana Del Rey | Lana del rey, Kadın, Fotoğraf 

a bannister like this and a face like that  

Lana Del Rey Channels Vacation Style for 'Honeymoon' Album Art | Lana del  rey honeymoon, Lana del rey albums, Lana del rey news

but with that  pose 

1 minute ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i'd love her doing something like honeymoon pose but on a blue banniters staring to front of camera (creating the feeling that she is looking at you)

Lana Del Rey | Lana del rey, Kadın, Fotoğraf 

a bannister like this and a face like that  

Lana Del Rey Channels Vacation Style for 'Honeymoon' Album Art | Lana del  rey honeymoon, Lana del rey albums, Lana del rey news

but with that  pose 

Sounds schmexy :bodyisready:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Anyways, Lana is fickle and unpredictable so who knows. If this theme isn’t continued then I hope she makes a new one

The new theme is keeping her besties in the cover. NFR had it, COCC had and now BB will have it to

23 minutes ago, COCC said:

Which song will she cover for the next record? :um2:

I’ve wanted her to cover “Wicked Games” for the LONGEST time and when her and Chris performed it at one of her NFR tours I’ve thought about it at least once a day. 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

The new theme is keeping her besties in the cover. NFR had it, COCC had and now BB will have it to

chuck's posing with her pregnant belly and lana watching her on the blue bannister while charlie is taking a picture