Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

what an interesting double meaning :ma:

I believe they’re used interchangeably. It’s just a matter of spelling. 

4 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

Pawn Shop Blue(s) :creepna2:

Blue Jeans

Blue Velvet

Blue Banisters

We're in for a great song :trisha:

baby BLUE love

gramma (BLUE ribbon sparkler trailer heaven) 

tired of singing the BLUES

color BLUE (wild on you)

hey BLUE baby

:grinds::grinds::grinds::creepna2:

sUcVobB.png

1 minute ago, honeybadger said:

baby BLUE love

color BLUE (wild on you)

hey BLUE baby

Exactly!

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

Blue Banisters could be such a cool metaphor. Banisters keep you from falling off the side of a staircase, so they're protection and a sense of security. But blue is referenced quite frequently in Lana's work as sadness (excluding songs like Get Free obviously), so there's a sadness in the security - and since in the lyrics she implies that he DIDN'T come back in May to paint her banisters blue, she doesn't have that security anymore. 

Yes, I've reached the point of desperation where I'm making theories on a 30 second snippet. And yes, I'm sure someone else has already thought of this before :bebe:

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

baby BLUE love

color BLUE (wild on you)

hey BLUE baby

I knew someone knowledgeable would come and mention other songs :trisha: but yeah Blue songs are iconic so I wouldn't worry about BB

Capture.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Blue Banisters could be such a cool metaphor. Banisters keep you from falling off the side of a staircase, so they're protection and a sense of security. But blue is referenced quite frequently in Lana's work as sadness (excluding songs like Get Free obviously), so there's a sadness in the security - and since in the lyrics she implies that he DIDN'T come back in May to paint her banisters blue, she doesn't have that security anymore. 

Yes, I've reached the point of desperation where I'm making theories on a 30 second snippet. And yes, I'm sure someone else has already thought of this before :bebe:

lol no ur fine that was me talking bout noble life insurance. also the railing metaphor >>>>>>>>>> E7gZ81x.gif

UV/Honeymoon

yall are losing your minds lmfao

what's the latest (real) tea?

my finals are over, and i finally cleared my cache and cookies so i wouldn't get logged out all the time

negAbhB.png

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

have confidence in your desperation!! :gurl: i actually had not put together the sense of security and protection that ties into banisters... maybe she's craving security, stability, safety with the banisters, but when she asks him to paint her banisters blue... tinge her life with sadness? or color? it's not black banisters, but blue? tbh i've always had a hard time keeping track of her use of blue/black so i feel a little lost there but there's definitely an interesting tie

3 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

I knew someone knowledgeable would come and mention other songs :trisha: but yeah Blue songs are iconic so I wouldn't worry about BB

i had to search them in my music library :trisha: baby blue love lives rent free in my mind though, same with tired of singing the blues... color blue... iconic to say the least

sUcVobB.png

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

paint me BLUE BABY blueeeee baby you know what to do 5ad5e84ec113fa853854e9e58f9ea968.gif can you tell i havent listened to the snippet

Me painting myself as a Blue Banister to enter on Lana house and listen the new album

Lust For Dead   large.gif

I miss the pale moonlight days tbh.... like i'm over the candle in the wind Lana sing me a sexy song about being in your red dress and your clown makeup and dropping it like its hot in the pale moonlight again ugh

idk, i just went back and listened to Paradise again and tbh... at the time i hated it compared to BTD but now to me it's so brilliantly written and the instrumentals just choke me when i hear them and notice the little things like in American and Cola and Body Electric, ugh. How is this woman human and living in our time? Idk I just need BB to have something really interesting and new and weird and genius again like things from the earlier albums is all. Don't @/ me trying to say "oh don't complain you just told us we shouldn't complain" and i'm not complaining i just want this album to be a return to form where we get absolutely brilliantly written songs again. i like some of the newer stuff but not nearly as much as i do paradise or uv or hm.... like fuck, yall, we really are in the same world as lana del fucking rey and she's really, really becoming an iconic masterpiece of our generation.... i just hope BB is written well that's all i ask... like Body Electric's lyrics, i need that level

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole