Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 minutes ago, May said:

I remember years ago under one of her videos (it might’ve been Bel Air? or Paradise trailer idk) she had a quote in the description that read like “I lost my reputation, I forgot my truth, but I still have my beauty and I have my youth” and that’s exactly the energy I want from this record :lolliney:

hmmmmm personally I'd rather she not do that. I want her to dig DEEP. and then bury her haters w the objective truth. 

it takes away from the inner beauty in the long run, and her actual beauty can always just be like a cherry on top w/o needing to be mentioned. 

Dig deep mama. giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

that feels like so long ago!

I’m so exited that we’re here already! I was positive we wouldn’t be discussing a whole new album by summer, in January! I thought for sure we were going to have a longer break judging by the “I have no idea where I’m going” comments in January, and the second poetry book!

Definitely, this feels very surreal in a sense! I didn't believe her when she said we'd get the album in June because a) she seemed to be mad (and she had a right to be) and b) knowing Lana, we can't trust release dates until it's really official, haha. But then she goes ahead and posts a video snippet, a new album release date and BoZ starts saying the era will start soon. I would never have guessed this when Chemtrails just got out!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think the fact that the era is beginning on May 21st, exactly one year after QFTC, means that everything this time around is way more deliberate.

Putting thought into something as simple as the day you announce/release something is a sign that the big things will be planned that meticulously as well. I’m not expecting a huge delay, then, and I think her working with a producer whose work could be categorized as more “commercial” suggests that the rollout would try and go for that too. 

I’ve never minded delays or Lana announcing things that don’t come to fruition, and I’m always happy to wait for an album, but this album coming so quickly after Chemtrails makes it seem like there’s an urgency to get out and do things a certain way. Telling her own story seems to be really intrinsic to who she is and it’s almost like it’s aching to be shared with the world

2 hours ago, Nikogo said:

I hope it’s RCS 

I hope she sings about wearing no clothes, being sexy, fucking, AND cheating 

i hope she cusses out major publications and Alt singers and female writers 

I hope the cover is her wearing a mesh mask 

and

i hope the video is just her driving reckless

Didn’t BoZ say rock candy sweet is just lyrics and not a title?

Nonetheless, yes to almost everything you said. I want so BAD a (single) cover where she’s wearing the mesh mask - purposely to make people talk/publicity stunt and not just bc of the aesthetics or wtv - and I want her to basically tell all those people (critics and other people who make up stories abt her and put words in her mouth) to fuck off, but done properly, using some good metaphors w/ class and sass and not just literally call them out.

Just imagine something à la FMWUTTT, lyric-wise :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

I want her to basically tell all those people (critics and other people who make up stories abt her and put words in her mouth) to fuck off, but done properly, using some good metaphors w/ class and sass and not just literally call them out.

Just imagine something à la FMWUTTT, lyric-wise :smile2:

"done properly? using some good metaphors w/ class? My middle name is classy, watch me", says lanadelrey in a high pitched voice waving her hands to dismiss the topic. 

"now that doj-

lights, camera, acción

30 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

hmmmmm personally I'd rather she not do that. I want her to dig DEEP. and then bury her haters w the objective truth. 

it takes away from the inner beauty in the long run, and her actual beauty can always just be like a cherry on top w/o needing to be mentioned. 

Dig deep mama. giphy.gif

That is fair tbh, but personally I want a record full of ‘yeah I said it, and so what? also I’m beautiful so god bless and fuck off.’ :defeated:

she’s spent a decade building up a reputation as one of the strongest artists and songwriters of our generation, she knows she can get the acclaim if she bends over to the critics, we saw it with NFR. but now she wants revenge! iktr

RVhKIwP.gif

Also what do we think is coming in two weeks? His exact words were “2 weeks till the era starts properly

Are we thinking a single released alone? Or the album cover, tracklist, and pre-order released with a single? Or maybe a trailer that introduces us a bit to the narrative (like the LFL album trailer)? 

I think the most likely thing to happen is the title track being released as a single, since she previewed it already, but I would love if she had more up her sleeve :sass:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Also what do we think is coming in two weeks? His exact words were “2 weeks till the era starts properly

Are we thinking a single released alone? Or the album cover, tracklist, and pre-order released with a single? Or maybe a trailer that introduces us a bit to the narrative (like the LFL album trailer)? 

I think the most likely thing to happen is the title track being released as a single, since she previewed it already, but I would love if she had more up her sleeve :sass:

I think it'll either be single or announcement of single for that week. I don't think she's doing album trailers anymore, did we get one for Chemtrails?

Just now, Rachel97 said:

I think it'll either be single or announcement of single for that week. I don't think she's doing album trailers anymore, did we get one for Chemtrails?

No, we didn’t get one for Chemtrails unfortunately :( I’m thinking the same as you! 

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

do we think boz used the squidward licking a popsicle pic as a clue? 

maybe the cover is from the day she took that blue popsicle pic...:trisha:

I didn’t even think of that...:wowcry: could you imagine, those blue popsicle selfies screamed summer and were beautiful, I hope you’re right :illumilana2:

I know it's not happening, but imagine if the album cover was her with a blue rock candy stick in her mouth

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

do we think boz used the squidward licking a popsicle pic as a clue? 

maybe the cover is from the day she took that blue popsicle pic...:trisha:

I want the exact energy she had when she took the blue popsicle pic .  I want something spicy , badass and caustic  :squidward:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

17 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Didn’t BoZ say rock candy sweet is just lyrics and not a title?

He said it was just a lyric and not another album, but it’s possible RCS is just a lyric now, either way I want the song that lyric is included on released. She had to have loved it if it was almost the album title. 

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think it really depends on if she posts within the next two weeks, and if she does post, what she says. 

It’s possible she’s going to post soon about the album again, and give us a release date within two weeks 

Or maybe in two weeks from now, the era will ‘start’ by her making an official announcement of news to come or a trailer

if she doesn’t post in the next two weeks I really think it’ll be an announcement, because I don’t see her ‘surprise dropping’ a lead single 

"Don’t forget me"

29 minutes ago, May said:

That is fair tbh, but personally I want a record full of ‘yeah I said it, and so what? also I’m beautiful so god bless and fuck off.’ :defeated:

she’s spent a decade building up a reputation as one of the strongest artists and songwriters of our generation, she knows she can get the acclaim if she bends over to the critics, we saw it with NFR. but now she wants revenge! iktr

yeah forsure, I get what ur saying, but I guess to be protective of even the obvious, I'd rather she not sacrifice that part of herself for the paparazzo scum. god bless n fuck off tho vibeeees yea

I don't want her to bend over to the critics. they can bend to her. we just need more undeniably great music :dance:

UV/Honeymoon

9 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

yeah forsure, I get what ur saying, but I guess to be protective of even the obvious, I'd rather she not sacrifice that part of herself for the paparazzo scum. god bless n fuck off tho vibeeees yea

I don't want her to bend over to the critics. they can bend to her. we just need more undeniably great music :dance:

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to how much she truly cares about critics and the public perceiving her negatively. I think she’s gone through absolute hell with both regards, and now she’s won them over she’s in a position where being like ‘...actually, fuck y’all’ would be a powermove. i definitely see what u mean though so let’s just sit tight and wait to see what she delivers:defeated:

RVhKIwP.gif

7 minutes ago, lemonadetan said:

was cherry blossom already on shazam?

Yes, I think so

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif