Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I get that on COCC the mixing could be criticized, because they obviously attempted to create sound scapes rather than discreet instrumental lines (it's all over the first half of the record). I think they succeeded in it, it works very well on like COCC or White Dress and maybe less so on Dance Till we Die. I get that in some instances it maybe wasn't the best decision (there is some beautiful acoustic guitar on White Dress that we barely get to hear) but then again this is what gives this record its sonic signature, its confident coolness and meditative quality, and I personally like that. I don't get those who talk about a lack of instrumentality or "depth". I think Jack is a great guitar player and I love love how the electric guitars on COCC have this roundness to their sound, like on Wild at Heart. If you contrast his instrumentation with Yosemite or Tomorrow Never Came, you can see that Rick Nowels is also a gifted guitar player, but I think sometimes his arrangements go into autopilot mode a bit ; there is not much variety in the way the instruments are played throughout the song, whereas Jack's lines are a bit more free-flowing and adventurous. It helps keep the audience engaged and it works well with Lana's taste for sprinkling little vocal riffs here and there. If Dean and Jack worked together on BB with Lana I feel the back and forth between the three of them will be for the best !

I wish she would release the unreleased album, so people would stream it and stop complaining about the lack of upbeat songs :sideeye:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

im so underwhelmed by this pre-release unfortunately :/ i just wish she gave chemtrails more time to breathe. i get covid fucked up the era and everything but I'd be lying if i said i didn't miss the days of the honeymoon and lust for life eras where my entire life was centered around what she was doing. 

giphy.gif

I don't think she can serve another White Dress just because that song was super unique/such a standout (like tbh I've never heard of a song in that style/airy/whispery whatever it's even called) and can't see a 2.0 of it.

Speaking of 2.0s, I really hope she doesn't attempt a Question for the Culture 2.0 :rip: She just expressed herself so poorly in that post, came off very badly and then on top of that, responded by doubling down and telling offended ppl to fuck off instead of trying to see where she went wrong  :facepalm: Obviously, as her fans, we know her intentions are always good lol buuuut that doesn't mean the outcome is always good, or that the public is somehow supposed to just know she means well. That whole mess is smthn I wish can just be left behind in 2020 like I love to love her very openly and hope things don't get too weird if she does address this.

If she does bring it up tho, I do hope she goes all in, Taylor Swift style lmao because at that point, what's there to lose so might as well get :fabcat::w8ing:

I’m happy that we have new producers and i honestly prefer to have Mike dean over rick nowels who we’ve already had four times, it wouldn’t be that much of an intriguing surprise to have a fifth rick nowels record though he’s very good. It’s a good move to diversify her discography and make something fresh 

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If BB channels QFTC, this will be next level UV in terms of provocative lyrics

I wonder what the hates will do if she drags them to hell.

The reviews being a mess then.

Mfhp.gif

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

tbh im glad she told the offended people to fuck off, she had nothing to apologize for imo, she would look silly if she backtracked

she could've apologised for what she said because it came off as if she was demeaning the artists she mentioned to lift herself up even though the people she mentioned have gone through the same shit she had and even worse, because the point of the post was to shame the critics that have said all that shit about her for years, but the writing was not it.

the thing is i feel like she could've "apologised" in some way but still having the point of the post be spread, but instead she refused to listen to the people that were criticising her and went defensive

this thread is slowly dying we literally squeezed out every drop of what this era has thrown at us

she should post another tit pic that'll revive things :lolliney:

lights, camera, acción

3 hours ago, venicebitx said:

I hope Mike pushes lana of her limits and do something fun, and bring back sounds like st tropez, gogo girl or something like that, “a naughty girl” if u will say so

Imagine it Lana would do something in this style:

https://youtu.be/C2Z3rTcixAM

(Timbaland - Bounce)

Not in any means a collaboration, but a naughty, catchy, up-beaty song about sex and stuff. And we all know that she actually CAN DO song like that! Be my daddy? Ridin? You van be the boss? Resistance? Girl that got away? 

It doesn't have to be too explicit but in some 'methamphors' ;) And it she could diss a lil bit like Missy Elliot did there... 'Gold me up! Hell yeah! Like Lady Gaga, I ain't like man'

UHM YEAH HOES ANTHEM :grinds: :dance: :sass:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

3 minutes ago, bluelikeyou said:

this thread is slowly dying we literally squeezed out every drop of what this era has thrown at us

she should post another tit pic that'll revive things :lolliney:

she needs to post the lyrics or post another vague preview where we guess what those chords are used in Guy-Man-Reading-Book-Animation-Moving-Im

UV/Honeymoon

What an uneventful day she has to post something :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 hours ago, lemonadetan said:

people who are expecting lana to come back to her "old style" are setting themselves for disappointment...

no one wants her to go back to her "old style" idk where y’all get that from. most of us just want more depth and production, the depth her production used to have. she could make a gospel, country, rap album and i wouldn’t fucking care as long as it’s well PRODUCED. every song on chemtrails would’ve been a banger if emile, rick or dan produced them but they all ended up flat, sometimes empty, lacking that depth and heaviness her work usually has. cinnamon girl still has some of those productional elements so that proves it’s not impossible for her to go back to that, just in a more mature and present way, without the daddies and lolitas and THAT’S what we want :nails:

I love Jack’s production so much but I’m also all about experimentation (if that’s what an artist wants to do) and artistic growth (which Lana has always done, despite making the most beautiful and coherent music from the start).

If Lana never met Dan Auerbach at that nightclub last minute in January 2014, we never would have gotten a lot of people’s favourite album from her - Ultraviolence - the way it was. 

While I think Lana and Jack have great chemistry (an unpopular opinion on this site, I know lol) I am happy that she’s branching out and working with Mike Dean and switching things up - she’s so versatile and always stays true to herself so I don’t think anybody EVER needs to worry about her becoming a “sell-out.” And while I’m not really a fan of Dua Lipa or Doja Cat’s music, they are successful women who are clearly good at what they do so let’s not discredit them - or any artist - by making unfair insinuations about their genre or sound <3

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love Jack’s production so much but I’m also all about experimentation (if that’s what an artist wants to do) and artistic growth (which Lana has always done, despite making the most beautiful and coherent music from the start).

If Lana never met Dan Auerbach at that nightclub last minute in January 2014, we never would have gotten a lot of people’s favourite album from her - Ultraviolence - the way it was. 

While I think Lana and Jack have great chemistry (an unpopular opinion on this site, I know lol) I am happy that she’s branching out and working with Mike Dean and switching things up - she’s so versatile and always stays true to herself so I don’t think anybody EVER needs to worry about her becoming a “sell-out.” And while I’m not really fans of Dua Lipa or Doja Cat’s music, they are successful women who are clearly good at what they do so let’s not discredit them - or any artist - by making unfair insinuations about their genre or sound <3

i really love your positive and considerate energy :flutter: 

WGe8ynS.gif

the tea being spilt in here is so hot today i don't wanna burn my tongue so i'll watch :sass:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i like when pre-release threads turn into bad girls club, tepid ?got edition