Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Who do we think directed the BB MV? I think it's the same director that did Summertime and White Dress.

I think it was the same director too, Clark Jackson. Not only is the style similar, but he also did LMLYLAW live on Fallon, which we know was filmed on the same day and at the same location as the BB video! 

14 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

What we really need for this album is for Lana to work with David LaChapelle again. The shoot she did with him is fucking fantastic, I'd love it if she brought that energy to this era 

i will manifest this for every album photoshoot tbh

3 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

um

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

there's a likely chance they've been registered on shazam for awhile, or they were just randomly added, there's no way they're on the album

Maybe on June 1st she’s releasing a 25 track album of unreleased songs ? 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Do you guys remember a few months ago Lana followed this one photographer, Nadia Lee Cohen, on Instagram?

Her work is very Americana but with a slightly provocative and thought-provoking twist. Maybe she worked with Lana on the BB cover/album photoshoot?

It’s rare that Lana follows a photographer who she hasn’t worked with, and I feel like Nadia’s style could fit really well for an album where Lana will be challenging critics and the media.

here’s her profile: https://instagram.com/nadialeelee?igshid=k67qfb9ji186

havent we been able to see some unreleased lana on shazam for years? dont we go thru this every era? someone tell me if im wrong but i thought that was the case. 

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Do you guys remember a few months ago Lana followed this one photographer, Nadia Lee Cohen, on Instagram?

Her work is very Americana but with a slightly provocative and thought-provoking twist. Maybe she worked with Lana on the BB cover/album photoshoot?

It’s rare that Lana follows a photographer who she hasn’t worked with, and I feel like Nadia’s style could fit really well for an album where Lana will be challenging critics and the media.

I noticed this a while back. I figured it would be for a mag cover but we never got one. Anyways her shooting the cover would be such a serve and she liked the blue bannisters announcement so... who knows.

6 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

wait this would be SO cool if Lana does indeed have involvement with her!! I love how intense her work is! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

It’s probably Billie 

Or Taylor.

That's more possible since Taylor seems to praise Lana publicly and calling her the most influential artist of the decade and stuff. 

There was a Lana x Taylor popping up last year...

If she really works with Nadia Lee I will combust into flames :pussypower:. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment but what if that's what boz meant as unexpected, maybe we get some crazy visuals, maybe she has her tits out on the cover :thumb3:.  I've seen some of Nadia's work and some photos almost look like a Lana parody so that would match very well with the sarcastic tone we expect. Also, her working with that MV director could also mean some over the top crazy visuals :gasp:. But then, the only official thing we have (the BB snippet) doesn't look like any of that and it would be weird to start an era like this with that song (even if we only got 30 sec, the aesthetic is somehow similar to Chemtrails).

I don't want another Nicole situation but even when we knew she worked with Neil look at what we got... :awk:

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

omg that photographer does take a lot of nude photos... can u imagine lanas naked on the cover :thumb3:

folk time, my time

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

4 hours ago, cru3lworld said:

does anyone know anything about the rumored lana x taylor collab that was talked about before COCC? i believe the song was actually uploaded to a website but never saw a release and i thought it would be on COCC, maybe it will be on BB, maybe it's fake. I wont care either way. 

It was on genius and anyone can edit sh!t on genius so... 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Guys, I think we'll finally have a new producer on the list of producers that Lana has worked with. It is impossible that he (Mike) is not in BB (I mention this because I saw people saying that he is probably included in LDR8 not in BB)
It is more than clear that he is involved in this album because whenever a producer is working on an album, they repost the album announcement in their stories or comments on the post and guess what? Mike did both! Most of the time this is only done by the main producer, as Jack showed support when Lana announced NFR AND COTCC (funny that now he has not done the same with BB)
I love Jack and several of the albums he has produced but I feel like we already need something with a heavier production, just like he did with MASSEDUCTION, MELODRAMA or MAGDALENE.
I think Jack and Mike could create something pretty cool, something worthy of Lana Del Rey.
I still think that COTCC was just the transition for this album, it was something that had to be said and that's how it was, Lana herself said it "Sometimes life makes you change just in time for the next chapter"
we all need / want an upbeat album with pop and hip / hop influences.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey