Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

that got me sooo excited :air: i hope the result meets our expectations because everything you guys said sounds so promising :defeated:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

41 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

no, she said she wanted jack to go wilder:raven: and he said he kept stripping it back to make the music honest

I also remember, in her Interview magazine, that she wanted more stripped back on the songs. She probably wanted both, knowing her lol. I really believe she is the one in command when it comes to the final sound of an album. Isn’t Jack the main producer on St.Vincent album? Which has a very « big sound ». 
What if, by Wanting Jack to go bigger, she was mistaken with the project she is working on right now and not Chemtrails?!? :lmao:that would be so her. 

I'm really glad she's doing this cause she's been in her comfort zone (jack) for a while now, so it's INCREDIBLY exciting seeing her work with mike dean, i know they won't disappoint! 

hopefully bb will be if her (upbeat) unrelessed and her released tracks had a baby

WE TRULY WON 

YOU DID GOOD GIRLIES :xcry:

lights, camera, acción

37 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I also remember, in her Interview magazine, that she wanted more stripped back on the songs. She probably wanted both, knowing her lol. I really believe she is the one in command when it comes to the final sound of an album. Isn’t Jack the main producer on St.Vincent album? Which has a very « big sound ». 
What if, by Wanting Jack to go bigger, she was mistaken with the project she is working on right now and not Chemtrails?!? :lmao:that would be so her. 

I remember that interview too. Jack said it was Lana who removed layers and layers of music until she was happy with the stripped-back sound :tsk:

edit: Not sure if it was that interview or another one

i just wanna say there’s a lot of fake bitches on here cause i know DAMN well not a month ago some people were insulting anyone who praised btd’s/uv’s sound and saying "blabla when will they leave so only those who appreciate nfr/cocc are left" but now that we’re facing the long awaited return to the lana basics people SWITCH... nicki was right they switch like fa- :nails:

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

I remember that interview too. Jack said it was Lana who removed layers and layers of music until she was happy with the stripped-back sound :tsk:

I can't believe I'm saying this but like we have this image of jack in our heads that he always does piano ballads and doesn't add flavor or doesn't experiment, but again listening to his work with other artists (st.vincent) for example, he brings so much to the table from organs to drums and bass and he DOESN'T even use a piano on her project. So maybe there's a possibility it isn't jack but what lana wanted to do at the time? (NFR/COCC)

I don't know whether to think that it's him that doesn't wanna go to extreme lengths with lana or that lana is the one that keeps removing the layers, or else jack and lana could create wonderful things (piano aside)

lights, camera, acción

21 minutes ago, bluelikeyou said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but like we have this image of jack in our heads that he always does piano ballads and doesn't add flavor or doesn't experiment, but again listening to his work with other artists (st.vincent) for example

the st vincent argument is so tired tho... she’s a fabulous guitar player and producer + plays all the electric guitars by herself ofc that alone will already sound good. her production is so full because of her, not because of jack. 

7 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

her production is so full because of her, not because of jack. 

There you go. Could be the same with Lana.

3 hours ago, venice witch said:

ok but doesnt it all come together? like...lana said she wants to go wilder. now, mike dean is a friend with people who worked on born to die. mike said that strings and classic lana are coming right back. lana said she wants a revenge, and as we know, btd was used to be called "The revenge of Lana Del Rey". ok now im fucking hyped     Pin by ash on Memes | Crying meme, Memes quotes, Reactions meme

He actually said this????? (Sorry I've been out of the loop)

I'm ready for the Revenge of Lana Del Rey yes ma'am!

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

14 minutes ago, COCC said:

There you go. Could be the same with Lana.

you can’t really compare them tho. st vincent plays her instruments and productions, lana doesn’t, at least not on the same level 

14 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

you can’t really compare them tho. st vincent plays her instruments and productions, lana doesn’t, at least not on the same level 

Totally agree! Just saying that if St. Vincent is able to convince Jack to go for a fuller sound, so is Lana able to convince him for a more stripped back record :)

The truth is that Lana is the one who stripped away the production on chemtrails. She is heavily involved with the production of her music now, it’s part of her art. She wasn’t a fan of the production on born to die, she said that in an interview. If anyone waters down mike dean’s masterpiece it will be Lana. 

faSE.gif

Super super super excited about a ‘return to form’ (have to agree with @lanasbottom, it’s interesting to go through 5 pages of hype over a return to old styles after being lectured on it since NFR :lolliney:)

I’m sure the ‘return to form’ will also incorporate the style of singing she’s been doing lately, and the deeper poetry-like lyrics!

Very confused how the era is supposed to officially start next week if the album isn’t even done yet :thumb2:

I’m not mad it’s going to be delayed (I already knew it would be) because it means that Lana and Mike are working on something amazing together. I’m still gonna hope for the album this year, but they both seem to be huge perfectionists so I want them to take their time to make the sound exactly how they what. 

I’m so glad we’re getting incredibly full instrumentals (strings and synths) after Lana said she wanted to make COTCC more wild! 

lastly, hoping there’s still some Zach, I was really looking forward to their work together 

"Don’t forget me"

Okay, so what’s stopping Lana from going on live and giving a little PSA that the album isn’t coming in July? There’s literally no way. Even if they submit the album today, we’re looking at mid-August at the absolute earliest. There’s no way this is going to be a digital album if they’re putting all this money paying Mike. 

All she has to do is go on live and say

“hey guys super excited about how the album is going, working with a new producer and unfortunately the album won’t be out in July”

or even a post :thumb2: instead she has both album announcements up and now we have confirmation the album is still getting worked on, a little over 7 weeks from the release date 

"Don’t forget me"

8 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

Full interview with Mike Dean uploaded on Fantano's YT channel! (Uploaded ~10 minutes ago lol)

Here's a transcription I did of the Lana bit from the interview, as I haven't seen anyone else try to type it out yet:

Mike: Lana Del Rey, we’re working on her stuff.

Fantano: Yeah, how’s – I’ve gotten a lot of questions about that specifically. Would you be able to give an idea as to how some of that is turning out?

Mike: It was just cool. I can’t give any details because it’s not done yet. We don’t know what it’s, you know, I don’t want to jinx it talking about it too much.

Fantano: I know she has that next record that’s dropping very soon this year. The work that you’re doing with her, is it specifically for that record or is it for an even further down the road project?

Mike: It’s for that record.

Fantano: Okay. 

Mike: We’re pulling stuff for future projects. I’m planning on working with her a lot.

Fantano: How exactly did that connection happen, and when it did, how familiar were you with Lana’s back catalogue?

Mike: Oh, very. A lot of my friends produce a lot of her stuff. Emile Haynie, Jeff Bhasker, and you know, all those guys.

Fantano: I guess when approaching it, I mean not to spoil too much I guess, when approaching a project like hers is it sort of your goal to continue to deliver those aesthetics that fans are sort of familiar with whether it be the piano, the strings, sort of like that almost like orchestral elegance, or are you bringing like synths to the table and everything and kind of changing it up a little bit instrumentally?

Mike: I would mesh them both I think. You got to stay true to the original, but you can definitely do your twist on it, you know?

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i think it's ready. she also said to Annie she didn't had 4 songs ready for the next album and then... BOOM, she announced it. 

Also, her managers said she was with 2 album in the works and that fan who talked to her said she said the album was ready and she was working on new music. 

Maybe she does not want people to know it's ready because of leaks. Even if the insiders have the album, she can change it last minute and the album insiders have would be a demo version, that's why they don't leak it

0YnL0Kf.gif