Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The most realistic thing that happened, in my opinion - 

1. Lana had a collection of songs that she wrote throughout 2020 with Jack Antonoff and Zach Dawes.

2. The songs were produced by Zach Dawes (as he and Lana were shown to have had in-person studio sessions together throughout 2020) with the bulk of the production being done in late 2020.

3. The album was “finished” but maybe something didn’t feel right or wasn’t quite what Lana was going for. 

4. She took the songs to Mike Dean sometime within the last two months (as she stated she wasn’t quite sure what was coming next to Annie Mac in January 2021, but then suddenly, in March 2021, has a whole album ready for release this year) 

5. Her and Mike aren’t quite done working on the production of the album, but must know what the sound of the record will be, as something album-related is slated to happen next week. 

6. Mike said he and Lana are planning to work with each other for a long time, so some new songs that they have been writing together since ~February/March may make an appearance on BB (hence, Mike not wanting to talk about the album/his fear of “jinxing” it, and the inevitable delay) or be saved for a later album.

13 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

the only thing that implies anything is going to happen is the BB mv snippet.  but the rest means nothing. and it still probably isnt happening

BB was teased over a month ago. She just doesn't care. I've decided not to watch out for anything from her anymore. When it's out it's out (i'll add an alert to youtube and that's all)

12 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

1. Lana had a collection of songs that she wrote throughout 2020 with Jack Antonoff and Zach Dawes.

2. The songs were produced by Zach Dawes (as he and Lana were shown to have had in-person studio sessions together throughout 2020) with the bulk of the production being done in late 2020.

3. The album was “finished” but maybe something didn’t feel right or wasn’t quite what Lana was going for. 

4. She took the songs to Mike Dean sometime within the last two months (as she stated she wasn’t quite sure what was coming next to Annie Mac in January 2021, but then suddenly, in March 2021, has a whole album ready for release this year) 

5. Her and Mike aren’t quite done working on the production of the album, but must know what the sound of the record will be, as something album-related is slated to happen next week. 

6. Mike said he and Lana are planning to work with each other for a long time, so some new songs that they have been writing together since ~February/March may make an appearance on BB (hence, Mike not wanting to talk about the album/his fear of “jinxing” it, and the inevitable delay) or be saved for a later album.

:gclap:makes a lot of sense!

48 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

you’re so intelligent I love you :icant:

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

53 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Thanks--nicely done. I'm glad what is 'realistic' has value to you, as it does to me. 

Realistically speaking, if the album isn't quite finished at this point in time, there is absolutely no way we are getting an album on July 4th, maybe, just maybe, a single around that date? But if the album is still in the works, or on the cutting board, it means a) it's not been mixed yet, which takes up a considerable amount of time and b) Lana is most likely still deciding which song is going to make the final cut (thereby teasing songs that will probably be on future albums (Yosemite and Dealer teas)).

I'm all for positivity and manifesting things to happen, but I also deal with reality—and the reality of the situation is that Lana is fickle as fuck and she systematically runs her mouth about her unfinished projects and things that are still in the works. Do I need to remind everyone that we were supposed to get a cover album for Christmas of last year and the second poetry book/spoken word album for March?

It ain't happenin' chief. I'm bummed out.

ETA: Also you guys mean to tell me that an unfinished, unmastered album will made it to us, on vinyl, cassette, box set or whatever on July 4th??? :toofloppy:

Yeah this album isn’t coming out any time soon BUT it sounds so much more promising than the last two that I’m okay with that

I’m getting new Nicki anyways, so Lana can take as long as she needs ??

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

Honestly I don't have anything to complain about we already have one album this year which I really enjoy.

Whenever BB comes, I'll be here for it 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

23 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i feel like religion, hbtb, other honeymoon songs kinda get the original lana instrumental with a mike dean twist vibe. if so i will lose it :trisha::cumming2:

Religion:omg: it has the lana sound, the synths and the beat

I’m still July 4th Gang. Just as I was September 5th Gang. It ain’t over till it’s the 5th of July. Come and take a walk on the wild side w me y’all. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Btw i made a mike x lana fancam on Twitter and mike liked it and he keeps retweeting lana stans fancams:omg: imma have to change my username to Mike dean is god 

I know him and Lana are getting COOKED in that studio every night, this music is about to be godly

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137