Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

lmao i've just been looking through mike deans twitter, he seems so real ,naturally cool and interactive, i already like his vibe way more than jacks, he always seemed a little bit pretentious and obnoxious to me, like can we just appreciate that we have a really cool new producer that lana is working with...

we really did it kids :trisha: finally out of the jack,  into the mikedeanue :makeup2:

not to be dramatic but i love him

Może być zdjęciem przedstawiającym co najmniej jedna osoba i tekst

I dreamed she was releasing BB as a single... and it was a mess!! The snippet we had heard was a demo and the synths weren’t as ambiant... and then the production went all over the place, having twists and turns but not very harmonious. and her voice was rushing to get through the shifts and was failing :toofunny:

12 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

im in team negative:nails: this album will come next year. We will get a single at best

Come On,

cutie pie,

join me on Team Realistic :brows:

not as Delulu nor as Pessimistic as the other two clans...

July 4 is out of the question in my mind. Maybe end of summer, depending if the album is nearly done. But before the end of the year is almost a certainty: look at how she wants to move into this era. She has a full fledged idea or concept. Plus BB has been registered on Spotify. It’s coming.

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Come On,

cutie pie,

join me on Team Realistic :brows:

not as Delulu nor as Pessimistic as the other two clans...

July 4 is out of the question in my mind. Maybe end of summer, depending if the album is nearly done. But before the end of the year is almost a certainty: look at how she wants to move into this era. She has a full fledged idea or concept. Plus BB has been registered on Spotify. It’s coming.

mike said they didnt finish anything yet:bebe: maybe in winter

10 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

mike said they didnt finish anything yet:bebe: maybe in winter

I think the first single will come very soon. But she could have a six-month prerelease.

not that I want that, but it could be and would be standard practice in music. RCS sounded super summery, but since she changed the title, maybe it could be released any time I guess. 

56 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She has a full fledged idea or concept. Plus BB has been registered on Spotify. It’s coming.

When has it been registered on Spotify? And how can I find it on there? lol this is surprising

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

3 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

When has it been registered on Spotify? And how can I find it on there? lol this is surprising

it didn’t, an unreliable twitter insider said that so it’s definitely fake :crying2:

4 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

it didn’t, an unreliable twitter insider said that so it’s definitely fake :crying2:

That's so annoying then lmao :crying2:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Why have we stopped making those baseless frankenstein predictions about how BB will sound like it's gonna be the lovechild of mariner's apartment complex and Lolita all 5 demos layered type of thing

Wait did mike really say we're getting bombastic production again or are we being fake and gay

i hope lana starts smoking dope with him because i'd love to hear what she'd come up with high as heck

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i hope that their result together is revolutionary :trisha:

Just now, honey dew said:

Mike is a pisces it's over

why?  aren't pisces trustworthy ? :toofunny:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, lanasbottom said:

Oh my bad! I was sure it had been said by BoZ...  

1 hour ago, venice witch said:

ummm there is no such thing as registering album on spotify :bebe: gays are hungry for the album but...................the embarrassment of this era is just...:thumb2:

I honestly have no idea: I’m an Apple Music kinda guy, so I know basically nothing  about Spotify. my bad! I was sure that info had been confirmed by BoZ. 

Im SO EXCITED ABOUT WHAT MIKE DEAN SAID OMGGGGGG :deadbanana::crai:the FUCKING STRINGS YESSSSSSSS, i wasn’t this excited with cocc but holy fuck she is making it with bb let’s see

original.gif

Mike said in his interview that the music he was talking about was for “this album” and not for “the next album”. Then he said that he and Lana hadn’t finished anything yet, but he plans on working with her a lot in the future.

Yes he said they hadn’t completed “anything”, but I really don’t think he meant they literally haven’t completed even one song together. I think he means that he came onboard in the late stages of BB/RCS to do a few tracks or to make some tweaks, and after that they made plans to make one or more full albums together which have yet to be completed. I have a feeling Jack and/or Zach handled most of the production on BB/RCS, which would explain why Mike said he hadn’t completed anything since he views BB/RCS as mostly a project done by other producers. Mike was also smoking hella weed in that interview which probably made his wording a little unclear, and he seemed like he was being intentionally vague about Lana as if he has been told to keep hush. 

Mike is famous for completely reworking Yeezus in the final days before release. He might be doing that for BB/RCS, but Yeezus was a streaming only album which allowed Mike and Kanye to tweak it up until the last minute. Lana does big physical sales numbers but bad streaming numbers compared to Kanye. The only case that I see Lana putting out a streaming only album would be if this is a covers album, or her album of unreleased songs. But from the BB snippet and video clip, and from the way Lana talked about it addressing QFTC, it definitely seems like this will be an album of new and original songs with high production budget and MV’s, ie. the album will almost certainly get a physical release. There is a possibility that the album could be mostly unreleased old songs (Cherry Blossom), along with a handful of new songs (Blue Bannisters), in which case the album would likely be streaming only and could possibly be still incomplete and delayed.

We learned from COCC that the vinyl printing process takes months. Lana missed her September release for COCC because she announced September like 6 months in advanced if I remember correctly, when the album was still a work in progress. Lana would not announce a release date for an incomplete album that is getting a physical release two months out when she knows that the vinyl printing alone would take more than two months.

So in summary my opinion is that there is about 75% chance that BB/RCS is complete and is coming July 4th. If the album is incomplete and significantly delayed, then it is definitely a streaming only album and not a physical release. I really don’t think it is delulu to think the album is 100% complete and coming.

I’m also still holding onto the slim possibility that RCS and BB are two separate albums that are both coming out this summer, but that actually does make me delulu 

Okay Mike is kind of a hot mess, and I like that about him? He's already more engaging with Lana stans and haters than any of Lana's past collaborators/producers. This is going to be good. :popcorn: