Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

29 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

He def seems like the type to push her further if she has doubts as opposed to Lana telling Jack to be bolder :oopna2:

And he really doesn’t seem to give a fuck about controversy 

Honestly after hearing what Jack did for St. Vincent’s new album, it really makes me believe more than ever that he never was the problem, Lana was. I mean, NFR and Chemtrails are my favourite albums she’s done, but I know it’s not the case for a lot of people here, and always putting the blame on Jack is unfair. If he can produce something like Daddy’s Home, then it’s Lana’s vision that y’all don’t like. And I don’t really think changing producers will do much. Didn’t Mike himself say that BB was gonna be piano and strings? So basically, what you guys have been disliking on NFR and Chemtrails. If artistically, Lana’s been going ways y’all don’t like, don’t put the blame on the producers, they just do what they’re asked to. Rick produced HM which is seen as a masterpiece by many, but he also produced LFL which is often seen as her worst album. It all depends on the vision the artist has. If Lana’s artistic vision didn’t change much from NFR and Chemtrails, y’all won’t like BB, even with Mike as a producer

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i don't hate jack either and i don't have any reason for hating him, i appreciate his work and i think nfr & cotcc are gorgeous albums, and like @IanadeIrey said, they serve a purpose, but i am ready for something new and i feel like mike dean is a great fit for lana, and he seems really cool and also really funny, i'm feeling really positive about it! :smile: 

WGe8ynS.gif

Who cares about Jack now, with Mike in the picture, bland instrumentals are a thing of the past. I hope he will channel that post-QFTC energy into fire music. Definitely manifesting that. :smile2:

The only thing I am genuinely grateful for is Venice Bitch, that is all.

Anyway girls lets go back to the questions that really matter :party:

We know that Mike smokes a lot of weed. It’s even in the wikipedia article about him. Do you think Lana gets high in the studio too?

What are your expectations for the next music video? I think it will be one where nothing really happens. Just her and Clay standing and looking around :tsk: but maybe they add some sexy spice and make out. Or she adds a twist like in the cocc music video?

In almost all of her records she covers a song. I would love to see her cover Back to Black, which would be fitting if she really wants to go back to her older lyrics and sound. 

what we're manifesting for BB era:

-Mike Dean Production
-Gucci x Lana Makeup Collab
-Nadia Lee Cohen Photoshoot

-Feature on Somebody Else's Album (possibly a popular artist?)

also, she was shooting something with Chuck in August 2020, a streamer even caught her going to a witch house. do we know what was that from?

Just now, Surf Noir said:

who else is excited for blue banisters? which will be produced by mike dean? it's coming july 4th 8-EC1-BF0-F-7465-4-B2-A-AD2-B-AD24-F78-C

Ngl. I'm not as excited as I would like. Things seem too quiet. I'm really afraid to be let down on the possible dates for its release. And I'm afraid this album is gonna have Jack's scent all over it. I am however excited to listen to her work with Mike. 

If you all wanna hate on Jack/COTCC/NFR you’re free to. But for the love of god keep it out of the blue banisters pre-release thread. 

we have about 5 other Lana/random/unpopular opinion threads where all these conversations can be taking place, and if you want a ‘I hate Jack’ thread, create one. 

It’s so tiring logging on hoping to see if anything happened and instead it’s 10 pages of ‘we hate Jack’ ‘you’re wrong, Jack is the best’ ‘Jack does the same things’ ‘if it wasn’t for Jack we wouldn’t have NFR’

"Don’t forget me"

it's so exciting to know mike and lana plan on working together for awhile. i envision blue banisters will be a mix of producers with jack, mike and possibly zach then the following project will be solely lana and mike similar to how she went from emile and rick to just rick to jack and rick to just jack. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

1 week till 21st ( doubt anything will happen) and 7 weeks till July 4th  

I’m holding onto hope that the era is starting next week 

BOZ said it was, and nothing has been said otherwise and it seems almost to late for the ‘start’ to be delayed at this point! I’m gonna be happy even if it’s an official announcement for the first single, as long as it’s some kind of communication!

"Don’t forget me"

I really like Jack productions but he should participate less in Lana albums. We need something new on table. I'm happy that Mike will be producer. We need Zach Dawes to produce some rock anthems and some new people who Lana didn't work to date

Watching that bb snippet on Instagram,

i love to see Lana happy with her man,

I hope this video was made for BB and isn’t a scrap video repurposed for her

i just know this song is gonna make me feel some thinggggsss

GIVE ME CHILDREN TAKE AWAY MY PAIN AND PAINT MY BANISTERS

U

L         E

B.               UUUUUUUUU

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...