Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

There's no denying that these new songs are beautiful, but they're not groundbreaking. And Lana is known for switching up every single album :toofunny: if she really wants to focus more on the songwriting, and have a more stripped down production, why can't it be like NFR? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

8 minutes ago, lanadelrat said:

y'all we were finally getting along and just like COCC, one week later everyone turns their back on the new music  :( :(

i did that last week already y’all are just late :hottie:

eclipse gave upcoming songs and dates for june (he deleted the post already tho) and none of them were lana or rcs so it’s safe to say nothing will come next week :icant:

man this thread has been bumming me out lately. I respect y’all’s opinions but damn I feel so much negativity in the air

also does it feel like Lana is mad at us or is it just me lol

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

3 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

There's no denying that these new songs are beautiful, but they're not groundbreaking. And Lana is known for switching up every single album :toofunny: if she really wants to focus more on the songwriting, and have a more stripped down production, why can't it be like NFR? 

Please no more stripped down like NFR. Those songs fuelled me so much more than the ones on Norman

You know what I would love? An album cover where Lana is drawn in the style of the Jetsons. Some people here have mentioned Lana going back to retro-futurism and that would be really cool to see

Spoiler

NY-DF881_GARDNE_GR_20140930173157.jpg

jetsons.jpg?w=620&h=440&crop=1

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Please no more stripped down like NFR. Those songs fuelled so much more than the ones on Norman

We want songs that are hydrated.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Blue Bannisters IS one of her best songs ever, Text Book IS a lovely girl and Wildflower Wildfire IS cute. Y’all have the attention span of 5 year olds. 

if the entire album had the energy of Blue Banisters it WOULD be a masterpiece. 

it’s like I get u want her to give u pop. U want to shake your ass to her songs, but there’s like a thousand other artists that you can do that to, just let lana make the art she wants to make. I’m not saying constructive criticism isn’t good it’s just most of your criticism is baseless and more about what you think you deserve as fans 

36 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Not a single song on NFR! or COTCC feature multiple tempo shifts or are as bass-driven as Text Book or have free-form structures and synth pads like Blue Banisters.

1 minute ago, domandapiano said:

Blue Bannisters IS one of her best songs ever, Text Book IS a lovely girl and Wildflower Wildfire IS cute. Y’all have the attention span of 5 year olds. 

I hope she never releases a pop track again just to spite y’all. 

:wtf:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Guys dont fight, Dealer will be released soon! We didnt survive the pandemic for a boring album, Lana will deliver:party:

20 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

man this thread has been bumming me out lately. I respect y’all’s opinions but damn I feel so much negativity in the air

also does it feel like Lana is mad at us or is it just me lol

no I'm feeling that too, everything feels so weird at the moment

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

it’s like I get u want her to give u pop. U want to shake your ass to her songs, but there’s like a thousand other artists that you can do that to, just let lana make the art she wants to make. I’m not saying constructive criticism isn’t good it’s just most of your criticism is baseless and more about what you think you deserve as fans 

Who said that? We just want something else other than piano bestie :eartha2:

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Who said that? We just want something else other than piano bestie :eartha2:

Listen to Text Book then, what's wrong with the piano?

I see it is day 39000000 of “omg i dont like piano when will laba drop a dance record”

Which fine want what you want but she has literally never released anything like that so for yall to expect that is ridiculous and very annoying when it is complainined about every other page for years. 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

42 minutes ago, Venice said:

I forget who, but someone here made a post about this a while back, about how they don't blame Lana for staying in one lane kind of thing since finally an album (NFR) was critically acclaimed and widely accepted/praised. I have to agree! Like even though it sucks, I can see why she feels comfortable like this. I hope she realizes that stans are stans though and we've always loved her wild fire no matter what critics thought  :ohno: 

Lol this is absolutely incorrect considering she quickly killed the extremely positive critics' and people's perception she gained with NFR with a few IG posts and interviews. Plus she put out COTCC which has nothing to do with NFR! and now these songs that are less accessible plus she's not working with Jack anymore who is a critics darling. Lol

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

Listen to Text Book then, what's wrong with the piano?

Text Book is my favourite of the three releases, but the piano in general is like beating a dead horse at this point. Hell, I'll take any other instrument at this point 

23 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

What–

I don't hate you. I don't hate these songs, but here's the deal: I'm seriously tired of this type of discourse and counter-criticism, it's like whenever someone says "well derr I'm not sure about this/these new song(s)" or "I don't like this new song because ofreason(s)" there is always that one person that comes along and discredit people like "UGH WE GET IT YOU WANT LANA TO DO BORN TO DIE OR ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0 GET OVER YOURSEL!!!!1!". It's like people can't just not like a new song/album, because they just don't like said new song/album. 

Normalize not liking something Lana does while not necessarily wanting her to release material that harkens back to a specific time and place in her career. I'll even go one step further, normalize just not being enthralled with her approach on specific albums, because you have like opinions and personal preferences.

I know this will sound annoying to some of y'all coming from me, the so called no. 1 NFR or Jack hater, but I said what I said.