Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

there was no bullying involved either way so what now :nails:

There's been plenty of bullying here, loads, in fact, since I've been a member. Really nasty attacks. I don't know if there was in this particular case--some said there was--but I'm saying that the moderators should not allow or tolerate any. Members should be banned for bullying or attempted bullying.

Thankfully, we can all use the Ignore function to block those who do. My Ignore list is as long as my arm. 

Just now, Vertimus said:

There's been plenty of bullying here, loads, in fact, since I've been a member. Really nasty attacks. I don't know if there was in this particular case--some said there was--but I'm saying that the moderators should not allow any. Members should be banned for bullying or attempted bullying. Thankfully, we can all simply use the Ignore function to block those who do. My Ignore list is as long as my arm. 

omg i completely agree with you! i dont have anyone in my ignore list atm

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

omg i completely agree with you! i dont have anyone in my ignore list atm

The Ignore User function is your friend, believe me. It gives you back power and control over your experience here. 

20 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What are your predictions about the RCS lyric? I think it's going to be like "Our love was sweet, rock candy sweet" :thumb3:

No but now seriously, I think it's about the concept the media has of her that as she was born in a rich family she had an easy life and an artificial rise to fame (like they say now an industry plant).

So maybe she says something about her life not being rock candy sweet or whatever. The only thing is that the title LYTAN doesn't really look like it's about that and if it's an old song maybe it doesn't have the autobiographical sense of the last 3 songs...

I still think the “rock candy sweet” lyric could be a reference to Big Rock Candy Mountain, actually even more so after she referenced Ol’ Man River in Text Book. So like I think the line will somewhat be about how she was looking for a paradise that never really existed, which could connect to her achieving fame and recognition, but it not turning out the way she had imagined.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

If something is coming soon I lowkey don't want insiders to spill anything about dates, I want to be surprised at least once :crying5:

If you do want to be surprised, avoiding this forum and all fan accounts on socials is the key, me thinks, luv 

25 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I still think the “rock candy sweet” lyric could be a reference to Big Rock Candy Mountain, actually even more so after she referenced Ol’ Man River in Text Book. So like I think the line will somewhat be about how she was looking for a paradise that never really existed, which could connect to her achieving fame and recognition, but it not turning out the way she had imagined.

Oh, I wasn't familiar with the references thank you knowledgeable queen :kiss2:. I researched and now I really want the album to be called Rock Candy Sweet again if that was the concept :crying4:

20 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

If you do want to be surprised, avoiding this forum and all fan accounts on socials is the key, me thinks, luv 

I promise that I try every time :icant:

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Love that. It would bring us back to Paradise Is Very Fragile :krylie:

Spoiler

My friends tell me to stop calling 911 on the culture,
but it's either that or I 5150 myself

They don't understand
I'm a dreamer
And I had big dreams for the country
Not for what it could do, but how it could feel
How it could think, how it could dream

I know
Who am I to dream for you?

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I’m honestly very proud of every one, I expected more meltdowns :omfg2:

I’m not disappointed at all because she gave us three songs and explicitly said “album out July 4th”

and searching RCS on Spotify and her profile showing up also did nothing for me because early December when COTCC was searched her profile came up and we were a month  away from the single and 3 from the album

If I had to guess, I would say we’ll probably have the preorder by July 4th with an August/September release date. I don’t see it being any time before that because Billie’s album drops late July 

"Don’t forget me"

ironically enough, this place keeps me sane <3 :sadcore3:

i see we are still waiting for news, gotta love these moments

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

27 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I can't stand another song of her complaining about fame. It was meaningful in Honeymoon, but doing it for 5 albums straight is extremely tiring 

Why not?

I think one aspect of fame Lana hasn’t touched upon is the power of her pen. Because she’s famous, she can share her writings and thoughts more easily but from BTD-UV, I don’t think she got the chance to express herself without the press hounding her