Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lana said the album is coming on July 4th. At the end of the day, an individual is the only one responsible for their own frustration about an album release. 

Maybe for some people, being on LB and in this thread is like watching paint dry - I think the entitlement and claim that Lana has inflicted "emotional abuse" upon people really says more about them than it does about her. So if you really feel that way, here's a friendly reminder:

quote-if-you-are-distressed-by-anything-

There’s nothing wrong with being disappointed with her lack of communication to her fanbase - even though she owes us nothing - but to claim she’s emotionally abusing her fans is ridiculous... 

The disappointment isn’t even warranted though because we got 3 new songs the other week & an updated release date for the album on July 4th. If you’re upset nothing came yesterday, that’s on you. 

14417469274.gif

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

quote-if-you-are-distressed-by-anything-

We need more ancient philosophy on LB. Where are the other Epicurus lovers  :icant:

1 hour ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I love how you're all saying how obvious it was that nothing was coming June 1st as if loads of you haven't been delulu, speculating and debating about it for weeks ? 

I knew it wasn't coming, but I'm a virgo. Every chance that I have to criticize, I'll 

12 minutes ago, COCC said:

We need more ancient philosophy on LB. Where are the other Epicurus lovers  :icant:

Cato The Elder Appreciation Post. Here’s to lana singing hos complete works in latin over a psychedelic beat

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

*Lana releases three brand new songs out of nowhere and almost ten albums in the first decade of her career*

LanaBoards:

tenor.gif?itemid=8975791

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I mean I get the upset, and maybe it doesn't really help to have fingers pointed at them further. I get it forsure, it can very well be real for them, as unusual as it might sound. not gonna say who's on who on who cus that's just gonna divide us but maybe a little stepping back on part of those who do might just b needed. Stream COCC 899iYMk.gif 

ok can we thread party now k4o8K19.gif 

UV/Honeymoon

11 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

ok can we thread party now 

We have two options: I enlighten you with Epicurus‘ wisdom or someone comes up with an interesting theory about Lana / BB real quick :oprah3:

Some of you need to spend your free time painting your banisters or taking selfies in your car for your own professionally made album cover.E12uL1UXoAUkl70?format=jpg&name=small

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

10 minutes ago, sweetie said:

How did we make it 2 years between Honeymoon and Lust for Life :deadbanana: 

Lana is spoiling us lately. Now I won't be able to wait more than a year for new Lana music :icant:. So I hope we get at least an album a year from now on :smile2:

giphy.gif

June 4 is this coming Friday; July 2 at 12:00 AM EST (Friday) is still July 1 in California and the Midwest.  

We all know Lana just inadvertently mixed up the two release dates.... :D

"I fucked up, I know that, but, Jesus
Can't a girl just do the best she can?"

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Lana is spoiling us lately. Now I won't be able to wait more than a year for new Lana music :icant:. So I hope we get at least an album a year from now on :smile2:

For sure, I remember months would go by and the only news we'd get is a sighting of her getting coffee in LA. :shh2:

I do think this thread contributes to the chaos, bc the constant activity and chatter makes it feel like we're on the edge of something happening.

Not trying to be a buzzkill but I think it would do some people good to maybe step away for a bit & get some fresh air.  :smile: