Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The UO exclusive cover is the picsart edit she posted the announcement with :wub:

THEE actual cover is a horror americana serve with the blue banisters burning in the background SHOT by Nadia Lee :D

Spoiler

:pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2::pray2:

2 hours ago, scarlettohara said:

I’ve never really understood this stance, yet it seems to be very common around here. Do you guys only buy albums to look at? Like I’ve got plenty of albums I love spinning but I don’t care for the album cover, but it doesn’t matter because I can literally put the sleeve back on the shelf while I listen if it’s that big of a deal. If I only bought albums with covers I liked, I’d be missing lots of great albums.

After streaming platforms, I usually only buy albums that I really like or that I like the cover.

I'm the Queen of buying useless stuff only because I found it pretty. Superficial, but that's how I do. Especially because I'm not a consumerist. I always ask myself if I need something or if I just want it before buying. So my shop for "pretty things" or useless stuff is always on my birthday or Christmas to gift myself.

The only reason that I buy records that I really like, it's to save them for my kids and for not be too dependent on technology. 

I usually only buy 2 or 3 records per year, so I have to be highly critical to narrow down my list (especially because they are not cheap on my country)

Spoiler

And I also got into many artists due to their artwork. I don't really like The Smashing Pumpkins, but I listen to them and have some records just because of the cover. 

My logic is screw up

SOMETHING IS HAPPENING SOON!!!!!!! We've seen miss lana in public TWICE in the past week which is more than usual and now we have the profession pap photos ya'll she is alive and breathing the energy of the universe is about to shift i feel it in my SOUL. 

giphy.giftenor.gif

iStock-514620886.jpg

faSE.gif

10 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

I'm bored and still disgusted by the Burger Jack pic so I made this incredible gif featuring 70s glasses Lan

z4E8y9d.gif

IT'S PERFECT :thumb:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

21 minutes ago, Mash Tragic said:

I'm bored and still disgusted by the Burger Jack pic so I made this incredible gif featuring 70s glasses Lan

z4E8y9d.gif

You‘re killing me :thumb3:

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

We didn't have a scat attack this era. That's why we're not getting any news.

Halsey fans, do something 

we did but it was too soon

cancermoon I'll never forget my first scat attack

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

Cancermoon was for COCC wasn't it?

I think it was right after cocc and after her RCS announcement

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I mean this in the nicest way possible but :toofunny: i really cannot believe some of y’all like these selfie picsart covers... the bar is on the literal ground :rollin:

but anyways miss lanz is looking very cute in these pap pictures! the one with her autographing a vinyl and rob being all smiley in the background is adorable:wub:

19 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Not stockholm syndrome but i actually like the covers, she looks fucking stunning in them. I love how it looks like she's rotting in them too, they look like holes in her chest, it also looks like the straps on her top are torn in the black and white pic too? She's giving me david lynch vibes. I think we're being overdramatic about the pictures, this is obviously an artistic choice in my opinion, and Lana has always been one step ahead, people never understood her until it was too late. I'm totally here for the single covers. I do hope the album cover is something different though

I agree, especially if they are meant to be decaying progressively. It's unexpected and one of my favorite visual choices she's made in a while. I found the last one sincerely unsettling and with that one they all sort of clicked. Eerie Lana is my favorite and the crunchy old Internet style customization Aloha blonde gives me Lizzy diy as opposed to LMLYLAW video diy so that's a plus

If whoever was right about them representing progressively darker singles... Dealer next :clapback:

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible but :toofunny: i really cannot believe some of y’all like these selfie picsart covers... the bar is on the literal ground :rollin:

but anyways miss lanz is looking very cute in these pap pictures! the one with her autographing a vinyl and rob being all smiley in the background is adorable:wub:

i think it's mostly just appreciating what we have and finding things that we like about it, obviously a professional single/album cover, or something that's better edited, would be ideal, but we have a very... unique single/album cover, yet it's not entirely terrible, for example, the little details such as the "bruises" and the distorted filters, and it is a very beautiful selfie :flutter: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

4 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

At least we're having a concept.

Do I like it? No, I don't.

Am I going to buy the physical copy? Also no, because I'm not obligated to look to that hideous cover

It's better accept than stress over something that we can't change

Lmao same sis I just can't buy an ugly looking album. I also hate when the cover is overly sexual like The Pretty Reckless or Bauhaus when you can see the guy's hairy ball sack unless it's very arsty. Same for depressing 90s rock/metal covers. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif